Discussion MBTI in Pirates of the Caribbean

Good analysis.

I would argue, however, that while Jack is a decent fighter, most anyone he fights is better than he is, forcing him to resort to his creativity. Take his first sword fight with Will, for example. Jack fairs okay, but Will is an intensely-dedicated swordsman, and so Jack attempts to outsmart him multiple times to win and escape. Outsmarting everyone is pretty much Jack's whole shtick. And who's to say Ne users can't be physical? Most inventors, whether in fiction or in real life, tend to be Ne users, always manipulating the things they see around them in innovative ways.

He's ridiculously creative to the point of being regarded by others as insane.

Beckett: "You're mad..."
Jack: "Thank goodness for that, because if I wasn't, this would probably never work."

Not all intuitives are necessarily intellectuals, though they do have a high proclivity towards being that way.

And his hellbent goal on killing Barbossa, I would contend, is just as likely a result of inferior Si. In fact, Jack's very focus on resolving something from his past (i.e. killing Barbossa) would support that.

Also...this...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9eGeFqJzt4
I want to make it clear again that I don't agree with the ESTP typing, and it's just a possibility I'm entertaining.

Last edited:
I want to make it clear again that I don't agree with the ESTP typing, and it's just a possibility I'm entertaining.
I'm not assuming that you agree with it. I'm just enjoying the debate. Analyzing. Bouncing off of you. It's fun.

Also, how did you determine your preferences for Te, Ti, and Fe? Maybe I can help you out here. Maybe.

I'm not assuming that you agree with it. I'm just enjoying the debate. Analyzing. Bouncing off of you. It's fun.

Also, how did you determine your preferences for Te, Ti, and Fe? Maybe I can help you out here. Maybe.
There wouldn't be a point in continuing it if I don't support the stance or possess sufficient knowledge to argue on it thoroughly, as now.

I'd prefer to continue it in Discord (Pyrrhus#5070), but I'll summarize the major points:

Te-dom: "Fix it or don't complain" attitude; instinctual preference for Utilitarianism and hierachy; talent for organization
Ti-dom: Contentiousness; extreme critical nature on semantics; frequently not focused on whether or not a plan or idea is feasible (in contrast to my INTJ brother, with whom I often clash.)
Inferior Fe: Insecurity about not being fun to be around with my friends, messing up social cues/situations, or not knowing/understanding conventions about things such as, at least when I was much younger, not knowing exactly how to pay for a bill.

There wouldn't be a point in continuing it if I don't support the stance or possess sufficient knowledge to argue on it thoroughly, as now.

I'd prefer to continue it in Discord (Pyrrhus#5070), but I'll summarize the major points:

Te-dom: "Fix it or don't complain" attitude; instinctual preference for Utilitarianism and hierachy; talent for organization
Ti-dom: Contentiousness; extreme critical nature on semantics; frequently not focused on whether or not a plan or idea is feasible (in contrast to my INTJ brother, with whom I often clash.)
Inferior Fe: Insecurity about not being fun to be around with my friends, messing up social cues/situations, or not knowing/understanding conventions about things such as, at least when I was much younger, not knowing exactly how to pay for a bill.
One doesn't necessarily have to agree with a particular argument in order to make it. That's the whole point of playing devil's advocate - gaining perspective and examining multiple sides to a particular issue.

Of course, in the case of not possessing sufficient knowledge to argue on a subject, I totally understand.

And by the way, I have no idea what Discord really is. Sorry.

One doesn't necessarily have to agree with a particular argument in order to make it. That's the whole point of playing devil's advocate - gaining perspective and examining multiple sides to a particular issue.

Of course, in the case of not possessing sufficient knowledge to argue on a subject, I totally understand.

And by the way, I have no idea what Discord really is. Sorry.
Which is why I gave a few ideas in favor of it instead of arguing the full thing, which would have been disingenuous and wasted my time.

I frequently play it, but I don’t see any use for it here.

tl;dr Skype but better and easier

Back