Meaning to the word, "MEH?"

• Thread starter Shamus The Brute
  • Start date
S

Shamus The Brute

Being only a simple pirate, with a simple life-style, & simple vocabulary...the word "MEH" (for the longest time) has eluded me into fully not understanding it's use & context meaning. Until just today, the definition to this word has remained a profound mystery. Avast! I think that I am still confused, lol.

Mates, I wish I could explain to everyone that I sat pondering the definition to the meaning of MEH. Truthfully, I quickly diverted my attention away from it in much the same way that I would when I find myself near SCARY MARY on Isla Perdida (it's not polite to 'stare' at her, lol).

Anyway, I often notice the word MEH being used numerous times here on forums but really...never gave it much thought.

*I have to be honest. Now that I have conducted my own research over the internet into it's meaning, I am now confused more than ever :confused: . Basically, I had thought (incorrectly) that MEH had something to do with "cheese!!!" Avast! I was WAY OFF...

So I ask you pirates_can someone please clear up this profound mystery for me, lol? The internet, Wikipedia, Urban dictionary, etc. explains very little & (I feel) leaves too much room open for misinterpretation, lol. ~ Thank you.

meh-thumb.png

Meh:
- furry speak for me
- Who cares?
- whatever
- Childlike crying

For me it's an expression of disinterest, a feeling of blah-ness, or that I don't really have a strong opinion.

Examples:
A friend "Do you like TGIFridays?"
Me "Meh". In this case meaning "it's okay...I don't love it or hate it".

Friend "How are you today?"
Me "Meh". In this case meaning nobody has treated me badly, but nothing great has happened either. I'm existing.

Friend "Do you want to watch [insert t.v. show here]?"
Me "Meh". In this case meaning I don't really care one way or another.

I like the word's variety and subtlety.

Meh for me is just another way of saying me. Don't really mean anything else but that to me.

Being only a simple pirate, with a simple life-style, & simple vocabulary...the word "MEH" (for the longest time) has eluded me into fully not understanding it's use & context meaning. Until just today, the definition to this word has remained a profound mystery. Avast! I think that I am still confused, lol.

Mates, I wish I could explain to everyone that I sat pondering the definition to the meaning of MEH. Truthfully, I quickly diverted my attention away from it in much the same way that I would when I find myself near SCARY MARY on Isla Perdida (it's not polite to 'stare' at her, lol).

Anyway, I often notice the word MEH being used numerous times here on forums but really...never gave it much thought.

*I have to be honest. Now that I have conducted my own research over the internet into it's meaning, I am now confused more than ever :confused: . Basically, I had thought (incorrectly) that MEH had something to do with "cheese!!!" Avast! I was WAY OFF...

So I ask you pirates_can someone please clear up this profound mystery for me, lol? The internet, Wikipedia, Urban dictionary, etc. explains very little & (I feel) leaves too much room open for misinterpretation, lol. ~ Thank you.

Thanks for posting this because I have been wondering too...
For me it's an expression of disinterest, a feeling of blah-ness, or that I don't really have a strong opinion.

Examples:
A friend "Do you like TGIFridays?"
Me "Meh". In this case meaning "it's okay...I don't love it or hate it".

Friend "How are you today?"
Me "Meh". In this case meaning nobody has treated me badly, but nothing great has happened either. I'm existing.

Friend "Do you want to watch [insert t.v. show here]?"
Me "Meh". In this case meaning I don't really care one way or another.

I like the word's variety and subtlety.
And thanks for posting the great answer!!!!

MEH: IDRC
but in the british speaking world especialy in northen parts of england and scotland....AND YOULL BE SUTPRISED..! me:is pronounced Meh

Meh can have various meanings. It can be a substitute for "me." I'm pretty sure it means "whatever" or "who cares" too. I personally use meh when i'm off on something, kind of like "derp." Example: "No Richard, World Eater doesn't have lightning strike." "Meh." (Dramatization).

"Meh" is an interjection, often used as an expression of apathy, indifference, or boredom. However, it can also be used to indicate agreement or disagreement. It can also be an adjective, meaning mediocre or boring.
Doesn't agree on this.

Although I do agree on this!!!!!!!!!!!
Meh is used to describe any and every word possible, including:
Yes
No
maybe
kind of
never
always
ok
alright
no thank you
yes please
if you want
whatever
i dont want to really
well
be quiet
i dont really care
no honestly, i dont care...

...and is never explained on which is actually used...
"you wanna come to my house"
"meh"
"whats that mean"
(told all of the definitions above)
"so which one? yes or no?"
"meh"
"that a yes?"
"meh"
"a no??"
"meh"
"a maybe???"
"meh?"