Loot MEGATHREAD: Bad Loot

Should loot skulls be allowed to spawn such trash?

• Yes

Votes: 61 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 145 70.4%

• Total voters

SovietWizard

Swashbuckler
You know you've had a bad day when...
2.jpg
3.jpg
aaaaaaaaa.jpg
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
awff.jpg
ad.jpg
1.jpg
After a while it gets extremely frustrating finding better loot in loot pouches... please fix this... I've got 25 more pictures of this but I cannot upload them all onto one thread.

Attachments

• aaaaaaa.jpg
    aaaaaaa.jpg
    509.9 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:
They shouldn't be guaranteed good loot. Looting is random, and I'm glad good items aren't very easy to come across :)
I just believe the difference between the loot you get from sea e.g. fishing, is extremely easier to come across and obtain than the loot on land.
Which is thoroughly infuriating due to fishing being extremely time consuming and boring.

Last edited:
They shouldn't be guaranteed good loot. Looting is random, and I'm glad good items aren't very easy to come across :)
I'm not asking for guaranteed famed. I'm asking for skull chest with at least better loot than loot pouches. Seriously, I haven't gotten a famed from loot skulls in all my playtime. I'm tired of getting commons and the occasional rare. I don't want to spend 8 hours a day grinding.

well apparently there is no guarantee the skulls hold anything so why have them. today i ported with 5 skull chests got 0 items and just gold 6k on a 90 min run and the mats where half what i used to get on same runs. since last update everything seems nerfed except fishing where a friend got 3 fames and a el patrons in less than a hour, i sank 15 hunters and got 12 mats 6 loot pouches5 treasure chests and not 1 item in loot just gold?
and the lucky few exceptions make looting a total joke of good luck bad luck now, time spent grinding doesnt seem to matter.if there is such extreme randomness why not just have 1 type chest and same chance what drops cause i have had all trash since last update everywhere personally.

well apparently there is no guarantee the skulls hold anything so why have them. today i ported with 5 skull chests got 0 items and just gold 6k on a 90 min run and the mats where half what i used to get on same runs. since last update everything seems nerfed except fishing where a friend got 3 fames and a el patrons in less than a hour, i sank 15 hunters and got 12 mats 6 loot pouches5 treasure chests and not 1 item in loot just gold?
and the lucky few exceptions make looting a total joke of good luck bad luck now, time spent grinding doesnt seem to matter.if there is such extreme randomness why not just have 1 type chest and same chance what drops cause i have had all trash since last update everywhere personally.
Hi Molly,

At the moment on production there is a visual bug with loot containers. We have a fix implemented and being tested. It will become active after the next release.

Thank you for your patience!

Chris

well thanks chris, last run we got 1 mat and had crates dropping from hunters its not just visual its nothing or total garbage on port on the loot screen, after fighting to stay alive you get robbed of any rewards. hope next update fixes the issue its almost as painful as potions now to try to grind for 8 mats after sinking multiple hunters,and 5 skull chests yielded no item drops at all, thats just totally wrong. not saying has to be great but nothing at all but gold and 1 chest of mats is so so wrong.

Fixes will come everyone, I believe that they (the devs) increased the chance of drop for Loot Skull Chests, and decreased the quality of loot. It is not the ideal situation but things will play out, be patient.

While I don't beleive skull chests should always drop good items, I just beleive those good items should be most common in skull chests, while the bad items are left to pouches or regular chests.

But when you really think about it mate, the whole fun part of looting is to see those Blue or even better, Red letters when you open a Skull Chest. I find it as a good thing that these items are so rare and don't appear often, even in Loot Skull Chests. Yesterday was the worst thing that happened when I got this weapon, the Bloodfire Cutlass in a Loot Skull Chest and then my game crashed.... if you want to read my thread trying to help retrieve it back, it would mean LOTS! https://piratesforums.co/threads/please-help-me.20637/
BLOODFIRE SCREENSHOT PROOF.png

Fixes will come everyone, I believe that they (the devs) increased the chance of drop for Loot Skull Chests, and decreased the quality of loot. It is not the ideal situation but things will play out, be patient.
Naw, this didn't happen.

Many people have posted their drop rates after X kills. And every time they match what Disney's drop rates were. There really is no argument about that..

The chance of rare items is of course higher in the rarer chest types. Doesn't mean you won't find less rare items while looting.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep finding skulls that don't even give gold, all they give is cards and really crappy weapons. I am fine with the crap weapons as long as it gives something that makes it worth calling it a skull chest like the gold. But when the loot is better from a loot pouch than the skull chest, there is a problem.

We've all had our share of bad loot.
I personally think the loot should be tailored to the skill level of a pirate, where a level 20 or above stops getting Cabin Boy, Worn Cutlass, etc.
Loot should become even more difficult to drop, and have reasonable random loot inside that makes sense.
When a Loot Skull drops, it should be like once or twice a day, and have the possibility of something amazing, but not guaranteed, while not having useless loot.
I know it's hard and frustrating, but at least the junk loot can be trashed, sold or left behind.

Back