MEGATHREAD: BETA OPEN! Report crashes/bugs/glitches here

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I recently started having this bug where my ship will random stop moving and the option to anchor will appear, this happens in the middle of the ocean away from any land, my ship still claims it is going 12 knots (or whatever max speed for the ship I'm on) and I can turn it and everything and even stop steering and run around the ship and gun. If I do anchor (which I have to unless I can find someone to sail it for me since I am stuck) then it takes me to Port Royal every time, regardless of where I am at. In the span of an hour this happened twice in the same spot, sailing past Port Royal yet quite a distance away towards Cuba, once between Devil's Anvil and Tortuga, once between the Spanish Privateering island and Cutthroat, and finally once while I was sitting within anchor distance to Cutthroat. It is making completing ship quests really annoying. -_-

hi i have a beta key on my account and now when i try to log in it says i need a beta key

You likely got one but didn't activate it. Go to your account on the TLOPO website to find the code and activate it on your account.

You likely got one but didn't activate it. Go to your account on the TLOPO website to find the code and activate it on your account.[/QUOTE]

i had my beta key for a long time already

Ship spawns seem broken according to a few people on IRC. Common ships like corvettes are spawning where they shouldn't, making them appear more rare than normal. Re-spawns close to where you kill it for a few times before choosing a random location, instead of between the islands they normally spawn.

Severe grenade quest glitch and it makes it so i can hardly play, im going to try deleting my cache folder to see if it helps but i really dont wanna have to make a new pirate again for the third freaking time because of this, my first pirate level 25 got a tonic stuck in its weapon slot this is already my 2nd pirate attempt lol

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwTnl3fO4mc

UPDATE:
If you had this bug all i did was go into my client folder and delete the cache folder then relog and it worked just fine if you run into this issue please do that!

Lots of posts to read through... not sure if its already been stated but in Port Royal Graveyard, shooting an undead causes its character model to enlarge briefly.

Lots of posts to read through... not sure if its already been stated but in Port Royal Graveyard, shooting an undead causes its character model to enlarge briefly.
this was in potco lol this isn't even a bug lol

Few issues. Supposed to quest in Murky Hollow, but every time I try to enter it, I crash.

Also porting causes the game to quit 99% of the time, resulting in lost treasure.

:fish:

Played my first ever scheduled 3 hour session tonight. Opted for tutorial just for nostalgia's sake. Cut scene dialog is off sync from video. Got trapped on cannon with Bo Beck. Continuing to fire after sinking ship and hitting Escape neither one worked. Quit, tried again, still trapped. Deleted character, restarted and skipped tutorial.

1st 2 tries after getting light sloop from Darby sailing to Anvil crashed. Made it 3rd time, but even escaping out of Barbossa, tutorial the tail end of a cutscene froze and I got stuck.

3 tries to make it to Tortuga to Jack. Then got 1st quest from Gibbs. Upon exiting tavern I got knocked out of world, trapped swimming underneath.

Navy Ferret locked up and didn't fight back. No ships showing on compass, regardless of + and - keys.

Returned to Gibbs and entered black Faithful Bride with only Note bar and chest showing on screen.

Each trip to Wildwoods was very un-laggy, compared to the rest of the game, but got stuck there. Leaving by "tunnel" entrance threw me right back into Wildwoods 3 times. Finally tried to TP to Tortuga and crashed. Next entry to Wildwoods was the same thing. Navy NPCs there did fight back, but undead bandits and scorps did not.

All cutscene/quest dialog is off-sync from video.

Sick lag. Many instances of "TLOPO.exe has stopped responding" crashes. Many instances of logging back in to empty inventory and reset to level one, but retaining gold.

This is known, but I'd like to post a screenshot of exactly what happens

When you use the sure footed passive on a stump, your character doesn't get the knocked down animation, but the game still responds as though you are knocked down.

(I'd like to add he didn't kill me, only took so much damage trying to get the screenshot >_>)
glitch.jpg

Anyone know what AppCrash_tlopo.exe_(random numbers here) is? I found a ton of them while searching my os. My desktop icon disappeared, prompting this search. Still working on that one, but what are these eves and can I delete them?

Ok so I went to play TOLOP (edit: I can't word) today, no desktop icon. Launched from Programs, and then got this message when launching:

Could not connect to 127.00.1.7969. Try again?

Is it me, and related to desktop icon disappearing somehow? Is the server just down? Not sure if I should continue investigating my end or just wait for a fix on TLOPO's end.

I do want to sincerely thank the team for all that they do - you have restored a game that makes me so happy and I totally get the difficulties involved. I do not at all mind waiting for solutions, only frustrated I can't help. Thanks you guys.

Earlier today a friend of mine told me that he got a beta key from digging. I thought this was great news as now he can play whenever he'd like and doesn't need to worry about reserving a timeslot. I figured since we would both enjoy playing this game together I would reserve a timeslot and use the entire 3 hours to go around digging, trying to find myself a beta key. Despite the constant crashing while loading certain locations I kept at it and after about 2 hours of me logging back in and digging the game said I dug one up. I asked my friend if I needed to redeem it or if it was applied automatically and he showed me a screenshot of a separate spot on his account page for "Earned Keys". However, when I logged in I had no such page and the key that I had dug up was nowhere to be found. Sharing this here so that nobody is essentially wasting their time as I did in setting aside an entire timeslot to dig instead of actually playing the game. Rather upsetting, but nothing we can do about it..

This is an entirely different bug from what I experienced when I started... I received no tutorial cutscene to obtain your first rusty cutlass and when I tried to walk into the blacksmith on Port Royal to receive one I couldn't take it because every time I clicked on buy it would sit there for about 30 seconds then tell me my request timed out.

This is an entirely different bug from what I experienced when I started... I received no tutorial cutscene to obtain your first rusty cutlass and when I tried to walk into the blacksmith on Port Royal to receive one I couldn't take it because every time I clicked on buy it would sit there for about 30 seconds then tell me my request timed out.

Just a few minutes ago, my game client had random black screens which lasted about 3 seconds, but I screenshotted some of the command prompt looking window because this has never happened to me on the Ocean... screenshot 12 is of the ocean, and 14 is something strange that happened in the command prompt on cuba.

Attachments

• Screenshot (12).png
    Screenshot (12).png
    698.3 KB · Views: 91
  • Screenshot (14).png
    Screenshot (14).png
    1.9 MB · Views: 66
Things seem to be better today. 2 hours into playtime and I've only crashed 5 times. Also was able to port and keep my treasure 3 out of 6 times. Thought I'd give Murky Hollow another try. When I entered, the screen turned black. I could hear my pirate walking around, but could see nothing. Tried walking backwards to see if I could get back to the previous area, but finally had to disconnect myself. :dance1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back