MEGATHREAD: BETA OPEN! Report crashes/bugs/glitches here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a problem with the quest for finding the ship log in a crate in Port Royal. I've looked everywhere and it doesn't go through the search prompt like it does when I was looking for the chickens in the crate. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a problem with the quest for finding the ship log in a crate in Port Royal. I've looked everywhere and it doesn't go through the search prompt like it does when I was looking for the chickens in the crate. Any help would be appreciated.
I have the same problem. It's for the "Family Valuables" quest.

Somehow I got the golden glow of leveling up on grenade while using pistol for the last 45 minutes in Tormenta. I had used it earlier in the day, but not on this server or at Torments. Just reporting a bug.
Good Luck!

I've been trying to login, I'm on padres and when I load up the game freezes at 100 and I cant do anything, I have tried it over 30 or 50 times nothing works please help, I love this game to death and I want to play again!

Been a while since I posted my list of bugs so I figured I'd make another post about things that are still bugged.

(1.3.5) Anything that has a star(*) at the end has been tested as of this version.

(1.3.4) Anything that has two stars(**) at the end has been tested as of this version.

(1.3.3) Anything that has three stars(***) has at the end has been tested as of this version.

Anything with no stars has not been tested recently but is presumed to still be in the game.

Anything with an exclamation mark (!) enclosed within parentheses at the end has not been tested by me but simply reported to me by other players.

• The Take Cover sailing skill causes you to deal 1/4th of the damage. *

• Open fire causes your ship to take 50% more damage as well as deal it. *

• Timed sailing skills (full sail, come about, etc.) don't last their full duration. *

• When sailing, once you load an area of ocean and all the ships in it, it will not unload until you dock, so eventually on low end computers the lag becomes unbearable if you rotate your camera towards visited areas. *

• Enemy ships do not aim at players, they simply try their hardest to face the same direction and remain parallel to the player's ship, making ship battles laughable at best. They also seem to sail away from the player and if they settle in one spot finally often spaz out moving forward and backward rapidly throwing off broadsides. *

• Grenades do not damage the player who uses them (I don't know if this is intended or not, but they damaged the player in POTCO) *

• Quest Markers are not placed properly on the islands outside of towns (Tortuga's Graveyard, Wicked Thicket, Royal Caverns, etc.) **

• Spanish enemies duel wielding cutlasses can hit you at any range despite being sword users (I last fought these enemies a few updates ago so this may be fixed, I will update when I can test.) **

• Occasionally upon logging in you will be reset to level one with no items, this is easily fixed by simply relogging. **

• Entering The Catacombs on Padres Del Fuego causes CTD 100% of the time (With fancy loading screens disabled), making the staff quest impossible.

• Sometimes when entering Cannon Defense you will be running around instead of on a cannon, usually you will crash within a few seconds after entering when this happens. **

• Rare glitch while sailing that causes your ship to stop randomly and bring up the prompt to anchor (took me to PR everytime). Ship will still show as moving but only way to fix is to get off the ship or have someone else sail. **

• I hate to include this one because I want the revenant ram literally more than anything else in the game and this makes it so much easier, but currently the cold shot in cannon defense doesn't go away, it also doesn't slow ships, and the smoke shot doesn't slow them either. **

• I don't know anyone else with this problem but anytime I go to the gold room in Cursed Caverns on Isla Tormenta, when I pull out my grenades I crash and the Command Prompt shows there being being an error with an unknown animation for pulling out grenades. *

• When you take loot in CD you don't actually get the loot, it just disappears. (RIP decent rams) ***

• Sea items do not provide their bonuses and do nothing more than make your inventory look nicer (or messier) *

• At 93% in the main quest, you are supposed to search 16 barrels and crates at Kingshead. Any attempt to search said barrels or crates yields nothing but the message, "Nothing interesting was found," halting progress once again. So far I don't know anyone who hasn't had this glitch. *

• On occasion my cannon rounds seem to be doing ridiculous amounts of damage. The other day I hit 27,000 damage with a single fury shot, and while it was against a broken hull and with open fire, that is ridiculously high. Also round shot shouldn't be dealing 10k damage with or without open fire. *
  • Enemy ships in Cannon Defense often take wealth without even reaching shore. Lost a round of Cannon Defense solo at wave 21 the other day when only 3 ships ever made it to shore that game, and when I lost nothing had gone near it. (I did another run through today and it seems that the ships taking the wealth are the ones I sink with bait shot) **

Last edited:
Are grenades in open areas still known to cause lag. Someone told me they did and the only place I could use them was in Tormenta cave. (not sure if this goes here or not) so some information on this bug would be helpful. Thanks!

Can I start by saying that the latest update is the most stable I have played so far. I got a full hours worth of pirating today. Normally I get a crash every 5 minutes and can't do a darn thing...

I finally finished Tia's doll quest, and wanted to port out. I got my usual problem. The transition screen loaded, and the bar got to 5% and stopped. I could hear the sounds in the background, but after 2 minutes, I closed the game. I did manage to grab this from the text box though - any help??

:DistributedLootContainer(warning): tried to create duplicate proximity sphere
setActiveQuest: wdr4.1needBoneDust
setActiveQuest: tpt.2recoverArtifact
setActiveQuest: c3r2r1.8recoverFlags
:piratesClientRepository(warning): removeInterest: interest 394 already pending removal
:DistributedTimeOfDayManager: sub was None for 2
:piratesClientRepository(warning): removeInterest: interest 436 already pending removal
:DoInterestManager(warning): handleInterestDoneMessage: handle not found: 420
:DoInterestManager(warning): handleInterestDoneMessage: handle not found: 421
:DoInterestManager(warning): handleInterestDoneMessage: handle not found: 422
:DoInterestManager(warning): handleInterestDoneMessage: handle not found: 423
:DoInterestManager(warning): handleInterestDoneMessage: handle not found: 424
:DoInterestManager(warning): handleInterestDoneMessage: handle not found: 425
:DoInterestManager(warning): handleInterestDoneMessage: handle not found: 426
:piratesClientRepository(warning): storeObjectLocation(403051679): parent 403051678 not present
:piratesClientRepository(warning): storeObjectLocation(403051682): parent 403051678 not present
:piratesClientRepository(warning): storeObjectLocation(403051680): parent 403051678 not present
:piratesClientRepository(warning): storeObjectLocation(403051681): parent 403051678 not present
:piratesClientRepository(warning): storeObjectLocation(403051683): parent 403051678 not present
:piratesClientRepository(warning): storeObjectLocation(403044568): parent 403044567 not present
:piratesClientRepository(warning): storeObjectLocation(403044569): parent 403044567 not present
:piratesClientRepository(warning): storeObjectLocation(403044570): parent 403044567 not present
:piratesClientRepository(warning): storeObjectLocation(403045762): parent 403045761 not present
:piratesClientRepository(warning): storeObjectLocation(403045763): parent 403045761 not present
:piratesClientRepository(warning): storeObjectLocation(403045764): parent 403045761 not present
:DistributedTimeOfDayManager: sub was None for 4

Last edited by a moderator:
hi guys I know you herd this glitch catacombs crash every time I enter there
Cant do staff quest
thank you

I spoke too soon. 2 crashes in quick succession. Both very similar. The transition screen gets stuck. The last however I came out of the bar after talking to Carter, and the transition screen stuck. I pushed the arrow keys, and could hear my Pirate wandering around.... I actually heard him digging too. Obviously the game was still working, but I could only see the loading screen.

The game was still playing until I forced a close

:piratesClientRepository(warning): removeInterest: interest 34 already pending removal
:DistributedTimeOfDayManager: sub was None for 7
setActiveQuest: c3r2r1.9captureSteadman
:piratesClientRepository: Sending heartbeat mid-frame.
:piratesClientRepository(warning): removeInterest: interest 66 already pending removal
:GarbageCollect(warning): garbage found, reverting gc threshold
:DistributedTimeOfDayManager: sub was None for 0

Same again guys. Just docked at Port Royal - stuck at 30% on loading screen - nothing happening, but I cn hear my pirate running around

:piratesClientRepository(warning): removeInterest: interest 123 already pending removal
:DoInterestManager(warning): handleInterestDoneMessage: handle not found: 129
:DoInterestManager(warning): handleInterestDoneMessage: handle not found: 137
:DoInterestManager(warning): handleInterestDoneMessage: handle not found: 131
:DoInterestManager(warning): handleInterestDoneMessage: handle not found: 133
:DoInterestManager(warning): handleInterestDoneMessage: handle not found: 134
:DoInterestManager(warning): handleInterestDoneMessage: handle not found: 135
:DoInterestManager(warning): handleInterestDoneMessage: handle not found: 138
:DoInterestManager(warning): handleInterestDoneMessage: handle not found: 141
:piratesClientRepository(warning): storeObjectLocation(404061393): parent 404061386 not present
:piratesClientRepository(warning): storeObjectLocation(404061396): parent 404061386 not present
:piratesClientRepository(warning): storeObjectLocation(404061394): parent 404061386 not present
:piratesClientRepository(warning): storeObjectLocation(404061390): parent 404061386 not present
:piratesClientRepository(warning): storeObjectLocation(404061391): parent 404061386 not present
:piratesClientRepository(warning): storeObjectLocation(404061389): parent 404061386 not present
:piratesClientRepository(warning): storeObjectLocation(404061395): parent 404061386 not present
:piratesClientRepository(warning): storeObjectLocation(404061397): parent 404061386 not present
:piratesClientRepository(warning): storeObjectLocation(404061387): parent 404061386 not present
:piratesClientRepository(warning): storeObjectLocation(404061392): parent 404061386 not present
:piratesClientRepository(warning): storeObjectLocation(404061388): parent 404061386 not present
:DoInterestManager(warning): handleInterestDoneMessage: handle not found: 150

here's an odd one. sailing while under the deck...

screenshot_2017-01-17_17-53-55.jpg

Been a while since I posted my list of bugs so I figured I'd make another post about things that are still bugged.

(1.3.5) Anything that has a star(*) at the end has been tested as of this version.

(1.3.4) Anything that has two stars(**) at the end has been tested as of this version.

(1.3.3) Anything that has three stars(***) has at the end has been tested as of this version.

Anything with no stars has not been tested recently but is presumed to still be in the game.

Anything with an exclamation mark (!) enclosed within parentheses at the end has not been tested by me but simply reported to me by other players.

• The Take Cover sailing skill causes you to deal 1/4th of the damage. *

• Open fire causes your ship to take 50% more damage as well as deal it. *

• Timed sailing skills (full sail, come about, etc.) don't last their full duration. *

• When sailing, once you load an area of ocean and all the ships in it, it will not unload until you dock, so eventually on low end computers the lag becomes unbearable if you rotate your camera towards visited areas. *

• Enemy ships do not aim at players, they simply try their hardest to face the same direction and remain parallel to the player's ship, making ship battles laughable at best. They also seem to sail away from the player and if they settle in one spot finally often spaz out moving forward and backward rapidly throwing off broadsides. *

• Grenades do not damage the player who uses them (I don't know if this is intended or not, but they damaged the player in POTCO) *

• Quest Markers are not placed properly on the islands outside of towns (Tortuga's Graveyard, Wicked Thicket, Royal Caverns, etc.) **

• Spanish enemies duel wielding cutlasses can hit you at any range despite being sword users (I last fought these enemies a few updates ago so this may be fixed, I will update when I can test.) **

• Occasionally upon logging in you will be reset to level one with no items, this is easily fixed by simply relogging. **

• Entering The Catacombs on Padres Del Fuego causes CTD 100% of the time (With fancy loading screens disabled), making the staff quest impossible.

• Sometimes when entering Cannon Defense you will be running around instead of on a cannon, usually you will crash within a few seconds after entering when this happens. **

• Rare glitch while sailing that causes your ship to stop randomly and bring up the prompt to anchor (took me to PR everytime). Ship will still show as moving but only way to fix is to get off the ship or have someone else sail. **

• I hate to include this one because I want the revenant ram literally more than anything else in the game and this makes it so much easier, but currently the cold shot in cannon defense doesn't go away, it also doesn't slow ships, and the smoke shot doesn't slow them either. **

• I don't know anyone else with this problem but anytime I go to the gold room in Cursed Caverns on Isla Tormenta, when I pull out my grenades I crash and the Command Prompt shows there being being an error with an unknown animation for pulling out grenades. *

• When you take loot in CD you don't actually get the loot, it just disappears. (RIP decent rams) ***

• Sea items do not provide their bonuses and do nothing more than make your inventory look nicer (or messier) *

• At 93% in the main quest, you are supposed to search 16 barrels and crates at Kingshead. Any attempt to search said barrels or crates yields nothing but the message, "Nothing interesting was found," halting progress once again. So far I don't know anyone who hasn't had this glitch. *

• On occasion my cannon rounds seem to be doing ridiculous amounts of damage. The other day I hit 27,000 damage with a single fury shot, and while it was against a broken hull and with open fire, that is ridiculously high. Also round shot shouldn't be dealing 10k damage with or without open fire. *
  • Enemy ships in Cannon Defense often take wealth without even reaching shore. Lost a round of Cannon Defense solo at wave 21 the other day when only 3 ships ever made it to shore that game, and when I lost nothing had gone near it. (I did another run through today and it seems that the ships taking the wealth are the ones I sink with bait shot) **
What I definitely agree with is that rams disappear. Loot isnt being registered when we take it!!

everytime I load my game I gets stuck at 100. I can move but my screen is frozen, I'm on padres which is the only place this happens. Ive been trying for 2 days, any help is good thanks.

I've been trying to login, I'm on padres and when I load up the game freezes at 100 and I cant do anything, I have tried it over 30 or 50 times nothing works please help, I love this game to death and I want to play again!
everytime I load my game I gets stuck at 100. I can move but my screen is frozen, I'm on padres which is the only place this happens. Ive been trying for 2 days, any help is good thanks.
Turning on Vsync fixed this for me. It's a check box in the game options at the bottom. You can access the game options from the character select menu on the right side. :)
I seem to crash what ever I do, especially after sailing and trying to port, never actually get to port, always get disconnected
You might also benefit from turning on Vsync, it made my game a lot more stable. However, I still crash when docking my ship.. however I do notice that I have a slightly better chance of not crashing if I dock at one of the smaller wild islands.

I can't log on. It worked for an hr the first time I was on, then I go the boot and now it won't log me back in. It starts the process,then it goes back to my comps desktop page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back