MEGATHREAD: BETA OPEN! Report crashes/bugs/glitches here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, the whole game. Make sure you back up your screenshots before doing so (although I think they're preserved now, I don't remember. Better safe than sorry). There's an Uninstaller in the TLOPO directory. Then you can install it again from the website.
I might have to get a new pirate I uninstalled in from downloads and it still did not work. :( I would talk to johnny and see if he can help get my levels back I'm in his guild

Not sure if this was reported, but Loot Pouches/Crates can glitch in the air making it difficult to open them. Yes, you CAN open them it just takes a bit of time to find how the right spot.

Attachments

• bug.png
    bug.png
    169.2 KB · Views: 80
Noticing that if you use bladestorm as a finishing move on sword, or viper's nest or any other numbered maneuver, it is used again automatically once you engage a new enemy for some reason. Also, after using a numbered move during an attack, the next swing is a dead swing, and another swing has to be done to start the combo move once again.

This can be particularly disadvantageous, as I like to start swinging at an enemy a few steps before I reach them so that the more powerful slashes are the first strikes, as that's where all my skill points are. It's also quite embarrassing to break out in a bladestorm (because that was your last move defeating the previous foe) 5 or 10 paces from the enemy, unless you want to do that sort of thing, lol!

Also noticing that when using sword, your feet get stuck often, requiring you to put the sword away in order to move again. As I fight while swirling the enemy, this can be a problem sometimes. It also appears that sometimes loot cannot be accessed until the sword is put away, etc.

Also noticing that higher level foe can use their finishing moves several times in a row and don't have to wait for the skill to reload, lucky dogs!

Last edited:
Noticing that if you use bladestorm as a finishing move on sword, or viper's nest or any other numbered maneuver, it is used again automatically once you engage a new enemy for some reason. Also, after using a numbered move during an attack, the next swing is a dead swing, and another swing has to be done to start the combo move once again.

This can be particularly disadvantageous, as I like to start swinging at an enemy a few steps before I reach them so that the more powerful slashes are the first strikes, as that's where all my skill points are. It's also quite embarrassing to break out in a bladestorm (because that was your last move defeating the previous foe) 5 or 10 paces from the enemy, unless you want to do that sort of thing, lol!

Also noticing that when using sword, your feet get stuck often, requiring you to put the sword away in order to move again. As I fight while swirling the enemy, this can be a problem sometimes. It also appears that sometimes loot cannot be accessed until the sword is put away, etc.

Also noticing that higher level foe can use their finishing moves several times in a row and don't have to wait for the skill to reload, lucky dogs!

When you get stuck in place while using sword, it is because you attacked before you were able to move again from using a previous skill (may only be bladestorm, I'm not sure as that is all I have). Try waiting until you can move before attacking again and you shouldn't get stuck.

I don't know if it's just me, howver there seems to be a major lagspike when approaching Fort Charles door. It is temporary, but is quite weird to see when most other places don't have the issue.

I've played this game in the past without a problem, but now whenever I click on play from the launcher, the command prompt launches, takes a couple seconds before it logs anything, and then just crashes. The game doesn't launch, any ideas?
exact same problem, can someone help please?
Launcher doesn't open the game during a reserved PlayTime.

Found a fix if you guys haven't yet. Go to where you downloaded your Legends of Pirates of the Carribean. (ex. mine is C://Program Files (x86)>TLPOPO)

Run the Uninstaller. When finished, delete the game_options text file that stays in the folder. Reinstall the game fresh via https://tlopo.com/play/ - Launch the game and it should be back to normal.

When you get stuck in place while using sword, it is because you attacked before you were able to move again from using a previous skill (may only be bladestorm, I'm not sure as that is all I have). Try waiting until you can move before attacking again and you shouldn't get stuck.
I'm not sure if that's correct. When I use a weapon, it's usually only that weapon. I rarely switch weapons in a fight, unless I need voodoo to drain enemy health as I'm low, etc. That usually ends the battle right there. With swords, and only swords, you sometimes get stuck in place.

I'm not sure if that's correct. When I use a weapon, it's usually only that weapon. I rarely switch weapons in a fight, unless I need voodoo to drain enemy health as I'm low, etc. That usually ends the battle right there. With swords, and only swords, you sometimes get stuck in place.

You misunderstand. I mean that when you use something such as bladestorm and spam click, it will allow you to attack (hack) before the animation is actually complete, which stops it before it gets to the point where it allows you to move again. Nothing to do with switching weapons, just with using a sword skill the attacking before it is finished.

i had a bug where im on the cannon and when someone drops anchor i got stuck in a weird glitch to where i could legit walk above the boat or something and i had to restart my game because of this and plus the lag and crashing constantly

I have noticed where ever i am, such as fort on port royal or misty mire on tortuga or becketts quarry on padres, if i am by myself i don't have any problems but if anyone comes into the area or even runs by i get super lagged and cannot get out of my own way. I don't remember this happening for the last few weeks ,maybe after this last update i notice it more.

I don't crash much, but I always experience terrible lag, enough that makes me close out the game.
This is unusual because I have pretty good internet, I believe it is a problem with the interface or sever, but idk
Other than that, I don't have any major problems with the game
Can you guys also post what you are working on atm from time to time?

Found a fix if you guys haven't yet. Go to where you downloaded your Legends of Pirates of the Carribean. (ex. mine is C://Program Files (x86)>TLPOPO)

Run the Uninstaller. When finished, delete the game_options text file that stays in the folder. Reinstall the game fresh via https://tlopo.com/play/ - Launch the game and it should be back to normal.

Unfortunately doesn't work.
The game staff and developers seem to not care less about this since I contacted several of them and got no response. Guess I won't be able to play :/

Thank you for trying to help

Found a small bug today where a belt and buckle were just completely black instead of the actual colors, can produce a picture and which belt it was specifically if needed

Multiple bugs on my first day, (or first 30 mins).

Game crashes when hitting "Create new pirate". Crashes in the first 2-3 seconds of the cutscene. Can skip it, half the time it crashes on character select.

Character "swimming" in the floor after getting to warehouse and getting sword tutorial.

Getting on ship, using cannon and can't exit out of cannon, so you're stuck with just shooting said cannon, nothing happens after you sink that first ship.

No texture on boots.

Multiple bugs on my first day, (or first 30 mins).

I see you're new to the forums, and wondered if you fixed your settings. Try running on Low graphics, and turn off the fancy load screens, and check the Vsync box. This helped a lot of folks with some common crash and lag issues. After that there's still bound to be lag and DC but hopefully this will help cut down on it for you.

I see you're new to the forums, and wondered if you fixed your settings. Try running on Low graphics, and turn off the fancy load screens, and check the Vsync box. This helped a lot of folks with some common crash and lag issues. After that there's still bound to be lag and DC but hopefully this will help cut down on it for you.

I shall try that and edit this post when my time is over to see what kind of impact that had, tyvm! ^^

Edit: Changing the settings worked, had way less random crashes. The crashing that did happen was near the end of my playtime, while sailing and then 2-3 times again when I clicked "play" on my character. Thanks for the help Pie ^^

Last edited:
I tried to take a screenshot, unfortunately because I used alt print screen I only got the crash window (with the options to close or debug [since I have visual studio]). I was working on the mission to unlock dagger. After the crash the window in the background listing the operations (or whatever) said something like mission (some numbers) not having DNA or something. I really apologize for not knowing the exact words or having a screenshot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back