MEGATHREAD: BETA OPEN! Report crashes/bugs/glitches here

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is server maintenace going on, just press ok and it will log you in just fine :)
i've been clicking ok for about 15 minutes now and it just goes to the loading screen for a second and then back to the error. i was also looking at the server status tracker and i noticed the servers are "port" type and in the console it says i'm trying to connect to the server via HTTP, could that have something to do with this?

Attachments

• error2.png
    error2.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 104
I did the Port Royal Teleportation Quest, and right after obtaining the medal needed from a buried treasure chest, I completed the quest. I then teleported to Cuba to then try to teleport to Port Royal to see if my totem was functional. However, it appears that I do not have a totem for Port Royal. I already did the quest, and I am worried I will never be able to teleport to Port Royal again. Would appreciate if some administrator could intervene somehow and alleviate this issue...

Does your quest journal show it as completed?
I have had more than a few bugs in the quests where I have to repeat some of the steps I already did.
Also, sometimes I've had to log off for the effects of the completed quest to register and work.

i've been clicking ok for about 15 minutes now and it just goes to the loading screen for a second and then back to the error. i was also looking at the server status tracker and i noticed the servers are "port" type and in the console it says i'm trying to connect to the server via HTTP, could that have something to do with this?
HTTP is just the method it uses to connect to the servers, has nothing to due with your issue.
Some people have gotten it fixed by restarting computer, reinstalling, etc. but maybe an antivirus or vpn could be blocking your connection?

HTTP is just the method it uses to connect to the servers, has nothing to due with your issue.
Some people have gotten it fixed by restarting computer, reinstalling, etc. but maybe an antivirus or vpn could be blocking your connection?
i uninstalled all vpns and antivirus software, turned off firewall and windows defender, uninstalled and reinstalled, restarted my computer, and none of it worked. guess im just not destined to play the game :(

This is apart of the main storyline, I was tasked to collect certain items from Giant Crabs (20 eggs a 'container of bile') and Phantom Ships (Splinters). I've been at this island grinding weapons and thought that I finished this a while ago, but I am unable to collect the 'container of bile' from ANY Giant Crab. Im a little lost on this.
View attachment 79820

The quest specifies a "Giant Crab Boss". I see how it is confusing since the yellow text just says "a Giant crab"
Did you try killing Scatter Snap? That should be the Giant Crab Boss on Isla Cangrejos.

A fun little bug in the aggro I enjoy quite a bit, as it let's me take some nice screenshots with ma bruhs,
even though I'm betting it's not intended to be part of the enemies' duties...
I call this one Bruhthas in arms...
View attachment 79170

This one's a classic "which way did he go" moment...
Heck, even I got confused at what they were looking at, LOL!
View attachment 79171

And finally, me and Kelpie, against the world, fighting side by side, against them all, LOL!
View attachment 79172

Good times to be sure!
I hope he doesn't get fired...
Those were fun screenshots. Nice to see you find the humor and not the irritant. So many complain and get angry...We must all remember the game is in Beta and we are very very lucky to play this great game again. Anyway, I just wanted to give you a 'thumbs up' for your acceptance of the bugs and glitches and making me smile today :)

OK, I seem to get this during all low fps lag glitch bug thingy issues.
Been noticing it for some time and it's always the same during a lag.
Perhaps the devs can make heads or tails out of it.
It only happens when either the aggro has been set off or during a battle.

:pirateMale(warning): part (PANT) texture index (5) out of range (1), capping it (0)
:pirateMale(warning): part (SHIRT) texture index (0) out of range (1), capping it (0)
:pirateMale(warning): part (PANT) texture index (5) out of range (1), capping it (0)
:pirateMale(warning): part (SHIRT) texture index (0) out of range (1), capping it (0)
:piratesClientRepository(warning): Asked to update non-existent DistObj 402000002
:piratesClientRepository: Sending heartbeat mid-frame.
:piratesClientRepository(warning): Asked to update non-existent DistObj 402000002

And the issue goes on way longer but the forum won't let me post the entire issue.
Figure the same drama about 3 times longer than what's there.

BTW - I tried this without any clothing on and still the same issue, so it's clearly a coding error and not related to clothing texture at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
When attacking enemy ships they just sail away really fast even backward sometimes so that gets annoying quick sword/dagger combos don't always follow through about 60% of the time its hack......hack........hack..........hack. High-level ships giving low-level loot, for instance, an EITC ogre giving 1 cargo crate, crashing once I port or hit the play button and French and Spanish undead can harm you even if you are far away from them.

Check out the rep killing Neban!
Who said the rep was capped at 115?
Not a bug really, but what the heck!
Savor it!
screenshot_2017-02-22_21-21-02.jpg

Here's even more rep!
And yes, that loot skull landed on him like a safe out of warner bros...
screenshot_2017-02-22_21-48-07.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that TLOPO Beta is open, please use this thread to report any crashes, glitches, bugs, gameplay or log in issues.
The game is in Beta so as you report issues, please be patient. The TLOPO team has put so much work and effort into getting the game off the ground and onto the high seas! As you find issues, report them here so the team is made aware of them.

Please list as much detail as possible as to your location, what you are trying to do, and if there is an error code.

Note: PLEASE do not use this thread to hold discussions. This is just a public center to report crashes and game issues.
Thanks!
tonight went to go in ratskeller for the "navy thing" ended up with black screen and needed to reboot. Waited an hour and no "event" happened. I was on Abassa

Ive had,a crash tonite i got disconnected from game once ,couldnt find the ship i was,suppose to sink ,few of the skeletons i was suppose to kill didnt move but i killed them they never fought back but only a few ...i just spent my last hour and 15 minutes on looking for the EITC CORVET SHIP ..none was to be found and i went sailing all over so now i cant finish my quest to get to the next 1. ...thank you much

Ive had,a crash tonite i got disconnected from game once ,couldnt find the ship i was,suppose to sink ,few of the skeletons i was suppose to kill didnt move but i killed them they never fought back but only a few ...i just spent my last hour and 15 minutes on looking for the EITC CORVET SHIP ..none was to be found and i went sailing all over so now i cant finish my quest to get to the next 1. ...thank you much
Not to solicit my guide, but this may help: http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Stephen's_Guide_to_Finding_Enemy_Ships

@divine also has some useful tips to finding ships!

Left the game earlier after ship I was on got sank, ended up in jail(meh oh well lol) on Padres..... come back from dinner and log in and my pirate is floating above the jail every time, I can get back to the cell but cannot kick the door open. HOW IS THIS FIXABLE, THIS IS BEYOND ANNOYING, cannot get anywhere or do anything else, im sitting in the cell and there should be a "press shift to kick open door" but there isnt.................................................................

Left the game earlier after ship I was on got sank, ended up in jail(meh oh well lol) on Padres..... come back from dinner and log in and my pirate is floating above the jail every time, I can get back to the cell but cannot kick the door open. HOW IS THIS FIXABLE, THIS IS BEYOND ANNOYING, cannot get anywhere or do anything else, im sitting in the cell and there should be a "press shift to kick open door" but there isnt.................................................................

NEVERMIND, found a fix! TP to another server, door is kickable upon getting to the other server successfully!

are you signed in now and what district?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back