MEGATHREAD: BETA OPEN! Report crashes/bugs/glitches here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well from my understanding of the error messages, my computer keeps deleting the file...hopefully it is just a over-protective anti-virus?

Now I just got this message: View attachment 73305
http://windowsreport.com/app-cant-run-windows-10/ Try this.

could someone tell me if what i'm doing is helping? if its not i dont want to keep posting logs like this
Short answer : yes.

Long answer :
In programming projects (in this case, the game) logging is an I/O operation that sends the error to a physical file, as the run-time(when the program runs) error that causes the crash/bug is not saved, so developers use logs to store those errors. If a bad event happens during run-time, then it's send to a log file. So yes, by posting the log files here, you are helping.

Water still does the shifty shifty things where it looks like it's speeding towards you really fast. On the open seas the water is too gray and there are no wave/ripples.

Got stuck inside the Tattoo Parlor on Tortuga, it doesn't show up as a door to open and no green ring.
For some reason the exit is in the back behind the person getting a tattoo.

There is a problem where the ships don't fire back, so far no ships have fired back at me.

ZSd7ISk.jpg

Nice to See Jolly Roger helping me out :)

Whenever I log off of a character (back to character select) that seems to be a hotspot for crashing for me. If I don't crash logging off, then it'll crash upon trying to log into another character. The initial log in is fine, but switching from character to character is a bit antsy.

I started up the game, character creation, right after the first Jack Sparrow cutscene it crashed. I think it crashed when I clicked but I'm not sure. More testing needed.

Thanks for the opportunity to play!

Well I got the file downloaded and installed but my anti-virus is going crazy soo apparently the download file has a bad reputation with Norton.

I started up the game, character creation, right after the first Jack Sparrow cutscene it crashed. I think it crashed when I clicked but I'm not sure. More testing needed.

Thanks for the opportunity to play!
Exactly what I am going through :sad1:. Except it begins when Jack says "Aren't you a sight..." and the program stops responding :confused:.

Attachments

• tlopo-161209_175743.log
    2.3 KB · Views: 74
  • game_options.txt
    909 bytes · Views: 93
  • last_working_options.txt
    901 bytes · Views: 82
  • Specs.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 62
Ahoy all! Loved playing the beta for the first time, great jobs guys!
A few things i noticed:
1) Crashed many times but is to be expected, first day 'n all
2) Sailing around the targeting system was not as crisp as i remember it, again first day ;)
3) With the quests if i pressed escape to skip the cutscene then it either kicked me out of game or teleported me somewhere. For example, first mission at Elizabeths house it booted me underwater in her room.... 2nd time i tried was at Captain Barbossa giving me a gun and it teleported me to Port Royal
4) After crash it set my character back to lvl 1 but after reopening the game my progress returned
5) (This is a good one) The animations to the cutscenes look so much better than i remember!! I'm not sure if its just me or if they have improved! (i think its the latter).

Thats all for the first session, hope to see you all on the high seas soon!

First before I say what glitch happened, the Caribbean looks great! Great job, guys! It had to be a lot of hard work to get the game going.

In the graveyard at Port Royal I tried to go through the tunnel to King's Run. The King's Run load screen appeared, but then it started loading me into Port Royal again, then King's Run again, and Port Royal again, and again, in an endless loop. I had to X out to close the game.

I'd like to explain some of these bugs and the solutions as I understand them:

-"I lost all of my progress!":

Basically, the reason this happens is that the server somehow does not get your progress/data through to your client, so you basically go to default in a way. This is easily fixed by restarting the game client.

-"I don't know where I'm supposed to go!/This person won't let me talk to him!":

Usually, this is because it doesn't automatically switch to the next goal in the quest that you're on. To fix this, all you need to do is go to your quests, click on the next goal, and click the "Track" button. I think that some of the quest trackers might also be bugged, so you'll just have to find the next goal on your own.

-"The game keeps crashing!":

The reasons for this happening are endless, so I won't explain them. However, I find that setting the Priority of "tlopo.exe" to "High" using Task Manager can help this problem 10x. Though it doesn't work for some people.

-"My game is stuck at 50% on the loading screen!":

For this, I recommend changing the server that you're going to.

-"I crashed during this cutscene!":

Again, using the Set Priority solution as mentioned above seems to help fix this. Anyways, cutscenes are very buggy and it seems like the easiest solution is just going back and trying to redo them until they work and finish.

Now that TLOPO Beta is open, please use this thread to report any crashes, glitches, bugs or log in issues.
New games are bound to have issues, so please be patient. The TLOPO team has put so much work and effort into getting the game off the ground and onto the high seas! As you find issues, report them here so the team is made aware of them.

Please list as much detail as possible as to your location, what you are trying to do, and if there is an error code.

Note: PLEASE do not use this thread to hold discussions. This is just a public center to report crashes and game issues.
Thanks!
When game crashes, everything I earned goes back to zero. Bummer.
There is a glitch where you can't teleport to people it doesn't show you where to teleport. Also, the ships don't shoot back and the rep we get is a lot little from the actual game... rep from sailing and other... the door icon for to enter the blacksmith on port royal is not at the door but by blacksmith

• When using broadsides on Navy or EITC either the cannons fall short or you get the message "cannot attack other player's ships".
  • Other ships do not seem to cause any damage, even if they hit you.
  • Game randomly crashes. Crashed six or seven times during my three hour time slot. It seems to be at random times.
  • You cannot leave the Tattoo shop on Tortuga, you have to teleport back to the docks via the map.
  • Sometimes after fighting enemies you get stuck and cannot move or pick up loot. Sometimes putting your weapon away fixes this.
Same issues. And the tattoo exit is there, its just not at the door - the exit is the wall behind the tattoo lady... for some reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back