Megathread: Character Creation Jail Scene/Pirate Login Crashes

Pebbles_BamBam

Swashbuckler
Whenever I log into a character I will be stuck at 30 percent for a while and then the game crashes. Is anyone else having this issue?

Try to clear system cache if that does not work try a fresh install of tlopo

Hi all,
I got some of my friends to play the game but when they went to create new pirate, they all got stuck at 30% of the Jail load screen and crashed. I tried on my own system and it did the same thing. However it lets me log into my original pirate. It's just an issue creating new pirates which is a problem for new players that don't already have a pirate. I'll try find a fix but if any of you have any suggestions, please reply to this thread to share :)

Having the same issue as of Sunday. Can access all my other pirates, but cannot create a new one. Also stops at 30%. Hopefully it gets fixed soon!

I'm having the same exact problem, except I don't already have a pirate so I pretty much cant play the game at all so far.

Every time I try to make a new pirate the jail loading screen freezes at 30%. I'm not on a mac, I contacted TLOPO support and turned off all sounds as they suggested, and cleared my cache, but it still doesn't work. Anyone else having this problem or have any suggestions? (If the only option is to wait for a patch that's fine with me.)

Yes its been like this for a while, and today 12:15 pm mountain time I cant log in at all the load screen now stops at 30% so the game needs a rework and maybe another update.

I just downloaded the game to play it for the nostalgia trip and I can't make a pirate because it keeps crashing every time it tries to load the jail to make a new Pirate. The Jail loads to 30% and then proceeds to freeze the game.

I had the same issue with my Mac and I had to update to High Sierra to solve the issue. If you have a Mac you will have to update your system to High Sierra

Naah, Im on High Sierra and mine too freezes at jail when trying to make a new pirate, same with me at 30%.
Just downloaded the game and was so excited....
WAIT,
I let i be frozen for long enough while writing this and now it works weehooo!!

Ahoy there fellow pirates,

TLOPO Wave.gif

This new Mega is for issues pertaining to crashes occurring during the jail scene after creating a new character/logging in on new or old pirates.

Please use this thread as a place to post said issues.

Cheers,
Forum Moderator Arabella

Hi Guys, I was having the same issues with my loading screen stuck at 30% when creating a character. I managed to find a fix and log in.
Disable Vsync and Fancy Sky Dome in the settings before you select create pirate.
Reload the game and it should allow you to log in.
Windows 10, running the latest version as I just downloaded it yesterday.

So I recently just downloaded the game and everything was going fine. The launcher worked perfectly and the first loading screen was fine. However, after I selected create a pirate, the loading screen to the jail creation center froze at 30% and stopped responding. I've waited very long multiple times and still nothing happens. Please help, I really want to get back into Pirate Online. Thanks

This has happened for a lot of people. Of the two times I've experienced this bug it has started working eventually. Unfortunately I don't know if there is a way to fix it so I would just keep trying and hope for the best. Hopefully it will work soon so you can join us on the Seven Seas!

Back