MEGATHREAD: Crashes and server issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my latest crash log...which was five in row porting my ship, sigh...lots of differences from previous logs i posted.

Attachments

• tlopo-170717_201232 - Copy.log
    264.1 KB · Views: 101
I'm not sure if other MAC users are experiencing this but when I sail I crash within 2 minutes of launching my ship.

That's happened 3 times in a row now so I cannot sail. I've switched servers, restarted my computer and still crashing when sailing.

Just wanted to put that out there for anyone else experiencing this.

If you're a MAC user and are having other issues feel free to leave them below!

I am a mac user and I have been experiencing this in the last 2-3 hours. Every time I board a ship, I crash. I thought it was just me, but I found this thread and made a forum account to reply lol. :(

i am crashing everytime i see a few other people the fps is going down so much for no reason before these last 3 updates my fps was not going down even in bigger groups of people, now i see some people in a group of 3 or 4 the game becomes a slideshow and then crashes.

Windows 10 64-bit
I7 7700k 4.2 ghz
R9 270X
16gb RAM

Game launches just fine and brings up the character selection menu. Sometimes it will freeze loading this screen but eventually loads. Once you select a character, sever, and click play the island loading screen loads generally between 30-50% before freezing and crashing. Both of these logs are crashing during the island loading screen. I get past this screen 10% of the time and when I do I crash instantly doing anything: Launching a ship, entering a house, trying to teleport. From what the task manager shows its using much more ram than I would normally see, around 1600 mb when it crashes and that's just standing on the shores of Tortuga on a quiet server.

Attachments

• tlopo-170718_190148.log
    30 KB · Views: 72
  • tlopo-170718_190455.log
    27.2 KB · Views: 100
Whenever I try to launch the game on my new monitor, it crashes before I get to the pick a pirate screen. If I launch it and move it to my other monitor, it works fine. If I move the game back to my new monitor after it's loaded, it will crash at the next loading screen. Even with tlopo's automatic crash protection reverting all the setting to default, it crashes.

My new monitor is this: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009909

Crash log: https://pastebin.com/Aejky8W1

Whenever I try to launch the game on my new monitor, it crashes before I get to the pick a pirate screen. If I launch it and move it to my other monitor, it works fine. If I move the game back to my new monitor after it's loaded, it will crash at the next loading screen. Even with tlopo's automatic crash protection reverting all the setting to default, it crashes.

My new monitor is this: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009909

Crash log: https://pastebin.com/Aejky8W1
Try setting the refresh rate to 60hz in your display settings

15 trips to sea, 30 -40 mins fighting for mats 15 trips to port and crash 15 times .well truth be told i havent made land with cargo in 2 days.gold is great but sure be nice if we could actually receive loot from sea ,better yet actually port without the endless crash loss. all waste of more time. great job on recent patches and major bug fixes but this one is top of the super annoying list for sure.

I'm not sure if other MAC users are experiencing this but when I sail I crash within 2 minutes of launching my ship.

That's happened 3 times in a row now so I cannot sail. I've switched servers, restarted my computer and still crashing when sailing.

Yes! this the exact same thing that happens to me. The only way to complete my task is to sail and I can't do that! lol

I am finally able to stay online longer before crashing with windows 10, not sure why but could be something devs did or something i did(I've done everything!)...I uninstalled the last cumulative Windows 10 security update, and let it force(which it will) its update over fresh. Also, though its common sense stuff, I just didn't take time to do the following:

If you have uninstalled and re-installed tlopo multiple times...or had looping(duplicates)updating of windows 10 updates, then you really should: go to adm command prompt, type winver, then CHKDSK /F /R
it will say program in use or whatever, type SFC /SCANNOW at next prompt.
I had lotsa disk errors, and it fixes them on the fly. Then run defrag. I have defrag scheduled, but in win 10 it rarely cranks it up. I had removed a couple of huge games and a vm so it really needed these things. Restart your computer.

Secondly, I know I was playing the game better three updates ago...I decided to change everything in options and test it. For me, v-sync now works...whereas it didn't before on windows 10 64 bit. why....i do not know. I changed my resolution as well, somewhere midway works for me(dh told me my native resolution was way too high for game and causing graphics probs...don't know,, just went with it).

I am able to get in the hunter ruckus again without crashing every trip, and am able to port without dc most of the time. Still have lag hit in big fights or crowds at bosses, etc....Still have to empty game cache folder on long sailing trips on the fly often. However, other little things crash me... Tortuga Wildwoods for instance,,, all of my characters are crashing walking thru entrance today. If I try to chat while at cannon on public ship, I sometimes crash...etc. But overall, I can log in, and stay in longer like before last two updates. Hope this helps someone.

These past 2 days, crashes have been awful. Audio is turned off yet "TLOPO stopped working"

Is there a fix? It happens randomly out of nowhere.

These past 2 days, crashes have been awful. Audio is turned off yet "TLOPO stopped working"

Is there a fix? It happens randomly out of nowhere.
No it's server-sided there really is no 'real fix' Audio really isn't a issue anymore cause the memory leak was fixed

I am a mac user and I have been experiencing this in the last 2-3 hours. Every time I board a ship, I crash. I thought it was just me, but I found this thread and made a forum account to reply lol. :(

https://piratesforums.co/threads/mac-users-crashing-after-joining-launching-ships.20765/

HELP! Since like 10 minutes I keep crashing, especially when I try to steer my ship, and even some times without doing anything but just being on my ship. I'd like to port it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back