Quests MEGATHREAD: Digging quests not working

Is anyone else having difficulty doing the dig spots required by certain quests? I've tried digging them over and over, even researching to make sure I've checked every spot on an island, but always says something like "nothing found for your quest." Tried doing them in order also with no success. I wonder if this might be a problem specific to mac users... very frustrating wasting lots of time running around on tedious quests and then not being able to complete any of them that involve dig spots, which in turn pretty much limits how far you are able to level in the game...

Digs are not specific unless required , any spot works , I dig the same spot even if need 8 , most often ya can try them from bottom to top and that usually works for mine .

Digs are not specific unless required , any spot works , I dig the same spot even if need 8 , most often ya can try them from bottom to top and that usually works for mine .
Digging the same spot works, but I can't help but feel it is a glitch that needs to be addressed. Doing the Raven Cove quest I got all four journal pieces by digging in the same hole near where the 4 ghosts appear. I wasn't trying to do this but was simply doing a little grinding on the 4 ghosts and randomly when I thought I was opening a loot bag or chest near the entrace to the room my pirate would go into dig mode and I'ld get another journal piece. Not really complaining because it kept me from having to run around the caves, but I thought in the original game it kept track of where you had dug something up and wouldn't let you redig the same spot for a quest.

I am doing the 'Fine Cutlass' quest aka 'Pirate Lore' quest for Will Turner. It says to find buried treasure chests but each time I dig on Rumrunners, it says nothing is found. I've tried switching servers, logging off completely, even waiting some time before continuing to dig. I read somewhere on a post from last year that people were having issues completing this task. Am I doing something wrong or is it in fact the game?​

I usually did from bottom up for island requirements when there's multiples , you can dig on any island when you have a dig , just bugged badly . Different spots don't make any difference as if you get what you need . I use quick dig and dig the same one evrytime .

i'm having the same issue with the fine cutlass upgrade quest. its rather annoying that im so close to completing and only to be stopped because of a glitch.

Both my pirate lore quest and Padres totem quest require digging and every time i dig, it says there is nothing for the quest there. Am i missing something or is this a glitch?

Digging has been a long term Issue < Pirate Lore : If this is the 3 Island digs ( RR / KH / Cangrejos ) , try doing them from bottom up which has worked for me and most often having more then One quest requiring digs , Only one will work til the other is completed ......

Any tasks I have, when trying to dig I constantly get the no quest items found notification. I have switched servers, and done everything I can but just can't get it to work. any suggestions?

If ye have multiple quests requiring digs usually only one quest will work at a time , multiple island digs I have found to do these from bottom to top and most often they work . Done way too many digs so far ..... lol

pretty much most of my quests are stuck at a digging part right now. that includes the black pearl, and pirate lore, but which one do i do first per say?

Pirate Lore > KH 4 / RR 4 / Isle Cangrejos 8 , I find these never being in order as which one will work , I try to do these from bottom up in Quest log and usually works . Not sure which part of Pearl you need the dig for ......

Pirate Lore > KH 4 / RR 4 / Isle Cangrejos 8 , I find these never being in order as which one will work , I try to do these from bottom up in Quest log and usually works . Not sure which part of Pearl you need the dig for ......
i'd have to look, but i will try kingshead first now. thanks

i'd have to look, but i will try kingshead first now. thanks
Disney had them listed in quest log like I posted but I notice most often they're out of order , s o I try them from bottom up and backwards and standing on my head but always get them to work , Digs are most often Non specific as where to dig , just a dig , I dig same spot on all mine with quick dig method .

The workarounds don't work for me and this is still an issue. Very fustrating as it's been a long time since I've been able to resume my pirate and play my favourite game.

I've currently got these quests:
Pirate Lore: Rumrunner Lore 0/4, Cangrejos Lore 1/8 and Kingshead Lore 0/4.

Liberation of the Black Pearl: Recruiting Mary Lash. Recover Belongings (digging in Isla Perdida).

The dig spots stopped working when I got Mary Lash's recover belongings and have tried countless workarounds per the suggestions on the forums such as checking all other islands and doing things in differnet orders, etc. I hoped game updates would fix it, etc but nothing.

Any suggestions?

Pirate Lore: Rumrunner Lore 0/4, Cangrejos Lore 1/8 and Kingshead Lore 0/4. hung for me today, I went to Rumrunner and the digs didn't work. I decided to do them in the order they were in the quest, Kingshead first. That fixed it fine and it worked.

Now I have nades quest and when I went to Kingshead I can't search crates and barrels. I have NO other quests open except BP quest, talk to Gibbs.......

Gonna wait for an update and see how it goes......

My barrels / crates on KH where odd , most the ones I had always searched didn't work , ended up up top in the fort to get all of them ....... Odd how randomly buggy this is !!!

My barrels / crates on KH where odd , most the ones I had always searched didn't work , ended up up top in the fort to get all of them ....... Odd how randomly buggy this is !!!

You were right on the money! I went all the way to the top of Kingshead, searched every crate and barrel from the top down and finally got all of them. You have to find the RIGHT crate and barrel not ANY crate and barrel. Yes, I had to actually search....

How refreshing! That felt more like a quest then a chore......TY! :)

You were right on the money! I went all the way to the top of Kingshead, searched every crate and barrel from the top down and finally got all of them. You have to find the RIGHT crate and barrel not ANY crate and barrel. Yes, I had to actually search....

How refreshing! That felt more like a quest then a chore......TY! :)
Good to hear ... sometimes it helps to go beyond the past and look further .... still don't fix this buggy issue but it helps some !

Back