Quests MEGATHREAD: Digging quests not working

Hey all,
Hopped on this game to get the nostalgia, but was frusterated that I was unable to play further than stealing the arrest warrent from the EITC post in Tortuga. It would not let me search, saying that there was nothing there. I waited for the most recent update (tlopo-rc-v1.11.5) and tried again, and it worked! Hope it does for you all too. Thanks @TLOPO crew!

I'm trying to complete "The Generals" doll upgrade quest, as well as the "Recruit Gunner" main quest, and I've been digging for about an hour trying to complete either. I'll try relogging and tell you if that fixes it. If not, why is it taking so long?

Unfinished Lore:
Recover 4 pages from Pirate Lore from a buried treasure chest on Rumrunner's Isle.
Recover 4 pages from Pirate Lore from a buried treasure chest on Kingshead.
Recover 8 pages from Pirate Lore from a buried treasure chest on Isla Cangrejos.
Does anyone know why it states quest item cannot be found after digging?
it turns out you have to the locate suggested by the quest to get to work

Last edited:
Digging Quests not working properly:
  • This is due to you having multiple digging quests in your Journal at one time. You need to find which of them works and do that one (one will ALWAYS work, so if you have 3, 1 will work) and turn it in and then try the next one until you eliminate them down to the last one, which will then work. For a more detailed description please open the spoiler below:

The quest to gain teleportation access to Padres Del Fuego is not working for me. I am at the part of the quest where I need to recover the Eye of Nabai from a buried treasure chest but when I go to dig one up it says on the bottom of my screen "no quest items found". I've tried multiple times on multiple spots of the island. I have the same problem with other quests where I need to dig up chests like the Fine Cutlass Upgrade quest.

The quest to gain teleportation access to Padres Del Fuego is not working for me. I am at the part of the quest where I need to recover the Eye of Nabai from a buried treasure chest but when I go to dig one up it says on the bottom of my screen "no quest items found". I've tried multiple times on multiple spots of the island. I have the same problem with other quests where I need to dig up chests like the Fine Cutlass Upgrade quest.
I had multiple quests requiring digs , I just had to keep going til one worked by elimination . Maybe someday , digging , Searching , Doll , Sailing , looting and many other bugs will be fixed !

This is not a permanent fix but it can sometimes work, just defeat some mobs or try completing the quest in sequence order vise verse. If this doesn't work then try again the next day. I've had this issue with the curtain quest in past that is why I know how frustrating this can be.

In case someone has:

1. Gunner's quest to find his buried rum bottle on Padres part of the Black Pearl story.
2. Help Billy McKidd recover 4 pages from Pirate Lore from a buried treasure chest on Rumrunner's Isle, 4 pages from Pirate Lore from a buried treasure chest on Kingshead, and 8 pages from Pirate Lore from a buried treasure chest on Isla Cangrejos in the Fine Cutlass Upgrade mission

then you must recover the book pages from the three islands or the game will not let you dig up the rum bottle for Gunner. In other words, finish #2 then finish #1. Also, you have to go to the three islands in that order (Kingshead -> Rumrunner -> Isla Cangrejos). Going out of order will not progress the Fine Cutlass mission. I first went to Rumrunner and obtained no pages, then I sailed to Kingshead which the mission allowed me to progress.

Back