Graphics Problem MEGATHREAD: DirectX (d3dx9_42.dll) issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot get the game to launch. I originally got the d3dx9_42.dll was missing reload the game. I did three clean downloads. Then read to download the dll. I downloaded the the dll and put it in the correct directory. Then I got the 0xc000007b. I read about updating .NET, so I did that. Got the same error message again. Read to update or download Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, so did that. Got the same error message again. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks
Kitty DarkRage

go to the windows micro soft website, if you have windows 10 download the "directx runtime" it worked for me and 2 others in our guild. Go to the launcher after the download, make sure you are on GL in opinions box...sign in

When I install game it says its missing d3dx9_42.dll is missing and to try reinstalling. Not sure what to do. Now my reserved play time is over. Not sure if I have to reserve again, not sure why I'm getting error code. Anyone else have that issue
LOL my time slot finally opened and I was so excited to finally see if installing the Direct x worked, but not it says down for update LOL oh man. I'm gonna be patient. I know you guys are working hard. I really want to play though. I may go play GW2 While I wait for update. Not sure how long it will be though. Any advice?

I had a problem with getting a Loadlibrary failed: error 87 the parameter is incorrect error and I get this just after the game window opened and before any video displayed. After some research I found that it was because I have an ATI Radeon HD 7570 video card and the last driver officially released for it. I had to install the very last crimson driver that ATI offered for the card, v 16.1 Beta, and that fixed it.

Hey everyone! I had the same issue but got it resolved. You need to finish the DXSETUP as well. Just find were you saved all these newly downloaded files and run DXSETUP and it should work properly now with all the other settings (IE run as adminstrator, openGL). Included an image here as well.View attachment 82469
Thanks man this really help me get into game.

Well I sent it to the support and they said they are working on it. I won't start adding and uninstalling things until I know for sure it's something on my laptop. If they don't fix it I guess you won't be seeing me on the game. I can play all the other games I play that run on the same direct x 9. I have direct x 12 on my lap and have double checked and have all the updates, and have no other problems except on this game. Good Luck and Fair sailing mates. Hope to see you when they are done with their beta tests.

LOL my time slot finally opened and I was so excited to finally see if installing the Direct x worked, but not it says down for update LOL oh man. I'm gonna be patient. I know you guys are working hard. I really want to play though. I may go play GW2 While I wait for update. Not sure how long it will be though. Any advice?
The update shouldn't take long because it only took me less then a minute.

So I have downloaded and re-downloaded the game three times but every time I go to play with a reserved play time I keep getting a message that I do not have a dll file and tells me to reinstall the game which I did, and it keeps popping up.

There's a megathread for dll issues stickied at the top of the bug sub-forum that has solutions for that issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back