Graphics Problem MEGATHREAD: DirectX (d3dx9_42.dll) issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the message I get when I try to play the game. (I already scheduled a play time slot). It also says try reinstalling the program to fix this problem, but whenever I uninstall the launcher and reinstall it, I get the same message.

MODERATOR EDIT:
Workaround explained here: https://piratesforums.co/threads/fix-game-crashing-d3dx9_4x-dll-is-missing-when-clicking-play.18574/

When I try to launch the game, this comes up, despite having it set to openGL.

ede9f31c7d57f55345fc3a68d870383b.png
I had this to I fixed it by install the older versions of Dirext x also.

So I have windows 10 on my laptop and I can download the game just fine but every time I try to play the game it stops me and tells me this exactly:

"The Program can't start because d3dx9_42.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I am using the OpenGL display option but I still get this error. When I try the DirectX9 I get the exact same problem. I have looked around in other threads but I have not had any luck with their solutions. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

When I try to download what your link leads me to it tells me: "You must be running Windows 98, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows 2000, Windows XP or Windows Server 2004 family to install the DirectX 9.0". What do I do now?
you will need to upgrade your directx to the corrent version or check if theres any windows updates you missed

you will need to upgrade your directx to the corrent version or check if theres any windows updates you missed
I just checked and I already have DirectX 12 which I think is the latest version according to what I read in the 5 minutes I spent on the Microsoft website.

I also checked for windows updates and there aren't any.

I just checked and I already have DirectX 12 which I think is the latest version according to what I read in the 5 minutes I spent on the Microsoft website.

I also checked for windows updates and there aren't any.
then it is the file itself it must be craupted watch is bad for you case noone knows how to fix that

Every time I try to login into the game I get this message. I have even reinstalled the game once.

Attachments

• error message.PNG
    error message.PNG
    16 KB · Views: 105
Can you check the Display Options above your login information and see what it's set to?

then it is the file itself it must be craupted watch is bad for you case noone knows how to fix that
So basically you are telling me that I won't be able to play the game? How'd my files get corrupted? My laptop is new so I don't understand why this is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back