Graphics Problem MEGATHREAD: DirectX (d3dx9_42.dll) issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also find it helpful to install the stand alone offline package offered from M$ below the auto install package on newer systems it bypasses the dx newer version already installed validation

So I haven't played in a while until I heard beta reopened last night. As soon as I logged in last night, the game crashed. A reinstall fixed this. I played for a bit then logged out. Today, however, I am once again having issues. If I choose Directx9, the game crashes instantly. If I choose OpenGL, the game will fail to connect to server (this has always happened and I just simply 'try again') but then it freezes at the following screen at 0% and starts to not respond. Helpppppppp

OK! So I downloaded said link and got the .dll files I needed. SOMETIMES though, the computer didn't recognize the downloads and gave me the same error message. EVERYONE who has this problem should try to sift through those .dll files and find the specific one. Then, copy it into the TLOPO folder and it recognizes it.
Hope this helps someone. Also I am still getting an error message, so maybe this is wrong. Just wanted to see if it would change someone's circumstances to fix the issue a bit. I've been trying to fight this bug for an hour now. :mad:
My new error is (0xc000007b).

MODERATOR EDIT:
Workaround explained here: https://piratesforums.co/threads/fix-game-crashing-d3dx9_4x-dll-is-missing-when-clicking-play.18574/

When I try to launch the game, this comes up, despite having it set to openGL.

ede9f31c7d57f55345fc3a68d870383b.png
You need ot install or update DirectX, search DirectX Download and look for a link from the microsoft website run it and error should be fixed

Hey guys! So I joined a couple months ago and am now attempting to play the game for the first time, but I've run into a bit of an issue that I'm hoping someone on here could help me with...I'm not very tech savvy tbh.

So I finished installing and all that, and I got to the point of actually running it and hitting 'log in' on the tab that pops up. The problem is, every time I get it going, it collapses and leaves me a message saying that my computer is missing "d3dx9_42.dll" and that re-installing the program may fix the issue (which I have tried).

Does anyone know what I can do/try to fix this problem. Any suggestions are appreciated!!
Please & thank you. Can't wait to start sailing the seas again!

UPDATE: I just came across the beta key thing on the wikia. Is this part of the problem? Or is it after logging in and when you're choosing a server that you would join a queue?

Last edited:
I have tried all of these suggestions, multiple times, and I am still getting the "d3dx9_42.dll missing." I have spent the past 3 hours downloading, undownloading, updating, and restarting just to get no where. Very disappointing...

it will not let me play i have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it tells me ---the program cant start because d3dx9_42.dll is missing from my computer

Every time I try to get on the game it says : system error, the program cant start because d3dx9_42.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. I've reinstalled the program twice, any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back