Discussion MEGATHREAD: Downtime Discussion

When do you think the game will reopen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They did not want to give a deadline. They just said it will be down for a while as they want to migrate pirates safely.

which means all nighter oh well they should have done it during the week not on weekend oh well
We can't please everybody. Even if we had chosen to take the game down during the week, we'd still get disgruntled comments. I would just be glad that most, if not all stability issues with the game are being resolved with this update. Like it or not, the game will be down for a period of time to ensure these changes are done smoothly. You'll have to wait, regardless of when we happened to initially bring the servers down.

I will get off my soapbox now. Thanks.

Love how some find an issue with the update. It's like repairing/building infrastructure. It may not be the "pretty" or a "wow!" thing, but it's so needed. In order to have the "pretty" things, we need to have the "non-pretty" thing to hold it up. Plus, having fantastic FPS and little lag is always welcome to me lol

They didn't - understandably - want to give a time frame, but they said it could be down 2 weeks. This was just to give us an idea of how long it may be. Soo IF it goes over 2 weeks there shall be no complaining.

Why not watch some old Pirate's of the Caribbean movies while waiting?

For the record, we have been accused of "rushing" out updates; which was claimed as the root cause of lag and instability experienced by some players. So, with this big of a change we want to ensure we take the required time needed to avoid "rushing"out a release (while at the same time not being offline any longer than necessary).

It's not even that long of a wait, the devs said themselves during the stream that it probably wouldn't be down for even a month, most likely 2 weeks.

The game will be back up before we know it.

I'm not counting on the 2 weeks, even. The more firm answer was less than 3 months. I'll hold to that estimate. Regardless, the game wasn't available to anyone for 3 years, so I'll wait as long as it takes. That buttery, non-laggy, high FPS preview last night was all I needed to see to give me all the patience I need. The new content looked enticing, but the vastly improved gameplay is what really thrilled me. @devs - take all the time you need and thank you.

I'm not counting on the 2 weeks, even. The more firm answer was less than 3 months. I'll hold to that estimate. Regardless, the game wasn't available to anyone for 3 years, so I'll wait as long as it takes. That buttery, non-laggy, high FPS preview last night was all I needed to see to give me all the patience I need. The new content looked enticing, but the vastly improved gameplay is what really thrilled me. @devs - take all the time you need and thank you.
that was a joke lol

I am just thankful these young gentlemen resurrected the game and if we are all honest it had plenty of problems before it closed down as POTCO. So with them fixing the issues and making sure it works right before coming back on line is what it takes, then we should be happy. Sure will miss the game of course but will be very thankful when it comes back on line with less problems.

When I try to press the button to download it on windows it tries to take me to a different page to download it but the page keeps saying

This site can’t be reached
download.tlopo.com’s server DNS address could not be found.

• Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Back