Discussion MEGATHREAD: Downtime Discussion

When do you think the game will reopen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When the game releases for real are all the pirates going to be reset? I feel it would be hard for me to catch up to everyone that has played because I haven't even played yet
The pirates should not all be reset. From my understanding while they were doing this update they were migrating pirates, so anyone who played before hand and was level 50 should still be able to log in and have their level 50 pirate. And as for catching up, just enjoy the game and don't worry about catching up

The situation has escalated, We also have to watch out for Dave and Buster's, who have some sort of partnership with the new movie. They are putting the movie in their commercial and potc 5 Crossy road arcade games in their arcades.

Whenever I go to the website it says "The Legend of Pirates Online is currently closed for extended server maintenance. We'll be back up soon!" what is happening? It's been like this for about a few months and I can't reserve a play time or anything. Is there a huge update coming out?
The FAQ was created for this reason, here it is:
https://piratesforums.co/threads/developer-stream-8-faqs.17550/

When the game releases for real are all the pirates going to be reset? I feel it would be hard for me to catch up to everyone that has played because I haven't even played yet
No. They said they were able to successfully transfer the pirates.
Quote from a news post around 2 weeks ago:

"So far, we have been mainly working at compatibility with the older server's database, and I'm happy to report that the database has been successfully migrated entirely to the new server."

Link:
https://piratesforums.co/threads/two-years-of-tales.17861/

Last edited by a moderator:
Whenever I go to the website it says "The Legend of Pirates Online is currently closed for extended server maintenance. We'll be back up soon!" what is happening? It's been like this for about a few months and I can't reserve a play time or anything. Is there a huge update coming out?

ARRRGH!!!! All the REALLY TRUE PIRATES been chillin like villians.. GREAT things soon to come have ye self a mug of rum ... or something see ye soon matey!!! ;)

Nice hat! Oh BTW, "WHEN IS THE GAME COMING BACK???!!!" :p:p:happy:

:pirategirl: All i can reply to yhat one is ............

HAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!! :raft:

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion I'll be happy when me my sister and father can be reunited in our favorite MMO I don't care how long it takes so long as you do it right and do it respectfully to the franchise and you guys have done exactly that so regardless of how long it takes for you to get a public build as long is we can enjoy this great game once again and we get to do the things we loved again is all that matters so I think that all of us including me should have some patience but all I can say right now is wait and see enjoy other great MMOs like SWTOR ESO and DCO that should do you over or if yoiu are craving the pirates theme try AC4 what I'm saying is just occupy yourself and wait for gods work to be finished thank you
-Apollo

It keeps saying the game is closed for maintenance, but then you guys post new content updates. is it just closed for those without beta keys and open to those with beta keys? I don't understand. :/

The game has been closed for a few weeks for maintenance. Once it reopens, which is very soon according to a recent update, you will have to reserve a playtime in order to be able to play.

It's not even that long of a wait, the devs said themselves during the stream that it probably wouldn't be down for even a month, most likely 2 weeks.

The game will be back up before we know it.
IMG_2209.PNG

Any info on the release? In the facebook update it said days, its been almost a week now. Any information? Are we super close now? Anything, at all?

The TLOPO team has been replying to the comments of the most recent Facebook post. Here's one of them, said today:

"This was just a general estimate. We've encountered a few bugs that need fixing, so it's been our focus to patch those up before we launch. More details soon!"

Another example of why no dates are given ;) development is unpredictable!

Back