Discussion MEGATHREAD: Downtime Discussion

When do you think the game will reopen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I understand that. I'm just asking for their opinion on a window. And I understand if it doesn't hold up. I just want a slight idea of what were facing
(No public dates) They've said this a few times. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just pointing out that this is the same routine as Alpha, Beta etc. They say no public dates and when you ask for it, "No public dates."

Just think, if people are this hyped to get a ETA imagine how full and lively the ingame population will be when its up. I can imagine peoples faces at the sight of it coming online. Mass forum hysteria lol

I am enjoying every ones enthusiasm including my own on the reopen of the game. The build up is well worth the wait pirates. I give 100 years before the mast...

It was clearly stated in the stream that it would be less than the time it took to move from Alpha to semi-open Beta, which was 3 months.

So...less than 3 months. It's been 2 weeks. It may be another 2 and a 1/2 months. It may be sooner, but less than 3 months was the firm answer.

Perspective - it will be a lot less time than the 3 years we did without.

I'm sorry but this is sooooo rude and if anyone else left a comment like this. You were rude too. These people pay out of their own pockets, use their entire free time to re-program a game for YOU PEOPLE! It is a PRIVILEGE to play the Beta. PRIVILEGE.

Here is a quote from the Terms of Service:
"TLOPO reserves the right to terminate your access to our servers at any time, for any reason. These reasons include but are not limited to"
This means they can "ban" you for any reason they want. They aren't here to be harassed. Do you people not understand you are literally harassing human beings? Some of them in High School. HIGH SCHOOL!

This is an absolute abomination. Sometimes I don't even want to play with some of you. The overall community is so lovely, but REALLY?

Do you think your post complaining/harassing them makes a difference?

Oh! We got someone here. Wow total 3 messages on their forum posts, OH they want to play TLOPO! GUYS- ITS AN ALLNIGHTER AND A CODE 46 WE GOT SOMEONE WHO IS COMPLAINING. THEY ARE DEMANDING FREE BETA KEYS.
John, you're on key duty. Peter, you are posting them. Joe, type faster. We have to get it done, someone is COMPLAINING! and I swear if you don't pump those CHUBBY LITTLE FINGERS OF YOURS FREDRICK YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET POPTARTS FOR A MONTH! GO GO GO

Like, no. That doesn't happen. So the intent of your post was to harass/complain. You can't even argue that. So,
can everyone stop asking, stop complaining and I swear to god if I see or hear the words "Supposed to be up last Sunday" or ANYTHING similar.. I'm gonna have a mental breakdown like I did here ^ "omg really smh wow i think we should all" STOP COMPLAINING

omg really another 2 weeks smh i guess when the next 2 weeks are up you going tell us another 2 weeks. wow
honestly i think we all should get a free beta key for this long long long very long wait .
:).

P.S. If I violated a rule- pweese dont hurt me. D:

I'm sorry but this is sooooo rude and if anyone else left a comment like this. You were rude too. These people pay out of their own pockets, use their entire free time to re-program a game for YOU PEOPLE! It is a PRIVILEGE to play the Beta. PRIVILEGE.

"TLOPO reserves the right to terminate your access to our servers at any time, for any reason. These reasons include but are not limited to"
This means they can "ban" you for any reason they want. They aren't here to be harassed. Do you people not understand you are literally harassing human beings? Some of them in High School. HIGH SCHOOL!

This is an absolute abomination. Sometimes I don't even want to play with some of you. The overall community is so lovely, but REALLY?

Do you think your post complaining/harassing them makes a difference?

Oh! We got someone here. Wow total 3 messages on their forum posts, OH they want to play TLOPO! GUYS- ITS AN ALLNIGHTER AND A CODE 46 WE GOT SOMEONE WHO IS COMPLAINING. THEY ARE DEMANDING FREE BETA KEYS.
John, you're on key duty. Peter, you are posting them. Joe, type faster. We have to get it done, someone is COMPLAINING! and I swear if you don't pump those CHUBBY LITTLE FINGERS OF YOURS FREDRICK YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET POPTARTS FOR A MONTH! GO GO GO

Like, no. That doesn't happen. So the intent of your post was to harass/complain. You can't even argue that. So,
can everyone stop asking, stop complaining and I swear to god if I see or hear the words "Supposed to be up last Sunday" or ANYTHING similar.. I'm gonna have a mental breakdown like I did here ^ "omg really smh wow i think we should all" STOP COMPLAINING

P.S. If I violated a rule- pweese dont hurt me. D:
Couldn't agree more Davy! (Didn't know I was one of the devs tho ;)

This is a good point. Technically they're temporarily terminating all of our access to the server for the purpose of maintenance. I know this isn't what they meant, but it's still something that we must accept and abide by in any sense of the rule.

Poor Fredrick, RIP (Rest In Poptarts)

I just don't like the transparency. A little 'We are having some trouble with ____ at the moment.' would be nice.
Why, though? What would that help? It wouldn't speed up their progress any, and if anything taking the time to tell us what's happening would slow them down. Besides, if people hear "we just need to fix this", they start to make up timelines for how long that task would potentially take to complete, and then start to become even more disappointed when their expected deadline isn't met. "How long does it take to _____? It can't take that long". It's just better to not light the fire.

Yes it would make us happy to know their current progress. You know what else would make us happy? Being able to play a well done remake. And what does that take? Patience. ;)

Knowing won't make the game come any faster, so I'm fine not knowing.

Lol don't complain mate, the game was unplayable due to lag we could hardly kill an enemy and this transition is MUCH MUCH shorter than the switch from alpha to beta.

I don't get it... I mean, I understand the actual time frame of the game being out... Not a problem for me.... patience REALLY is key.... But I just wanted to throw back a rather daft question that demands No answer! lol! Mark, Please Pm me if you like :D But in truth... When I played before maintenence/update, I really didn't notice a lot of lag, And certainly not at sea (well nothing more than I remember from my days in PotCO) which towards the end of Disney's involvement got as choppy as heck.... But ok, it might have gotten better.... I was moving alot during the Last time I was last UA, so for literally (ooops, LOL) the one or two months before the end; my internet access was 0%.... hey ho... These things happen....
I have to say though.... The fact that it IS DOWN for maintainence can only mean great things. Greatness is on the Horizon... WE'RE ALL gonna be back soon!!! (We're - AS in all of us!!) lol.... Stay STRONG everyone.... They won't be much longer! Ya gotta be patient, You have managed well so far!! Chins UP.... Eye patches at the READY!!!

omg really another 2 weeks smh i guess when the next 2 weeks are up you going tell us another 2 weeks. wow
honestly i think we all should get a free beta key for this long long long very long wait .
:).
Some older guys like me have waited for a year or two in the forums until we could play, but once we started playing we actually appreciated all the waiting time as we fully understood what was going on. Building up a game from scratch isn't like building a Lego tower. So for me, the longer we wait, the better the content, meaning that it will be much different from when it last was playable. I hope you understand.

Sincerely, Kyle.

I was wondering (and this is a question for staff but you all are very welcome to reply) do you think that we're at that point in the development of a update that there is an estimate for when the game will go back up? Possible even a release date?

In the "Two Year Anniversary" Thread, they stated the game was almost ready to be released, and considering the game has only been in update for just under 3 weeks at that time, it made me think that the game would definitely be up within a couple of days.

~Thmsrs
~Tom O'Spark

Back