MEGATHREAD: Falling underneath islands

Status
Not open for further replies.
For you guys and anyone else having this issue, if it gets stuck at 30% at every login attempt, you'll need to restart your computer. Not pretty, but gets the job done. I think it may have to do with something about the computer memory? Whatever it is, restarting works for me for resolving this problem. It'll still show 30%, so I'll click on the window, and then it'll move up after a couple seconds. Please advise if restarting worked for you :)
I read another thread where they discussed this and that guy suggested not letting it go random server but choosing one on your pirate screen - this has worked fine for me no shutting the comp down needed

I read another thread where they discussed this and that guy suggested not letting it go random server but choosing one on your pirate screen - this has worked fine for me no shutting the comp down needed

My solution addresses new players. You cannot select a server if you don't have a pirate created. But your point is greatly appreciated:fo:

My solution addresses new players. You cannot select a server if you don't have a pirate created. But your point is greatly appreciated:fo:
You quoted my earlier post and asked to be told if your solution worked I was simply replying as asked

I know it's a beta, so I'm not throwing a fit. However, I know from the previous version there was a teleport skill for higher levels.... No matter what I do I cannot get on solid ground to get to Barbosas Grotto. Would someone be willing to teleport my character so I can at least get a few quests into the game?

Everytime I have ported a ship this evening, 5/25-26/17, I have ended up in the water. I have to exit the game and come back in. I have spent more than half of my playtime logging in. 15-20 minutes initially logging in and about 10 minutes each time after that. I sailed to devils anvil twice already, first time I ported, in the water, second time half through the island. Killed a scorpion and went to pick up loot and fell the rest of the way in the water.

I just ported on devils anvil again. There is one little spot where i am above geound. If I move from that spot I begin falling through the ground.

Last edited:
Everytime I have ported a ship this evening, 5/25-26/17, I have ended up in the water. I have to exit the game and come back in. I have spent more than half of my playtime logging in. 15-20 minutes initially loggin in and about 10 minutes each time after that. I sailed to devils anvil twice already, first time i ported, in the water, second time half through the island. Killed a scorpion and went to pick up loot and fell the rest of the way in the water.
Eh happens to everyone don't worry its their crummy new ship AI they screwed with too much.

I don't think it's a solution, but yesterday I tried to get on my ship again when this bug happened, and then go backwards with the ship until I reached the place I wanted to go, then land in there... I feel like this bug occurs more when your ship's moving too fast and you try to land... Also, I noticed that it happened less while I was playing in the Marineros server...

It hasn't been almost a week since the game has come back online, & most of that for me was spent under or above the islands. if i sail direct to an island that i need to do a quest on, i find myself under the island and can not access what i came there for let alone the constant crashes every 10 to 15 minutes. I thought this was supposed to be an upgraded/updated version? just a thought that is in the back of my head, I am kind of loosing interest and patience with trying to play the game. I have sent hundreds of feedback & it seems like they have boarded a rocket to mars. Any clue as when there might be any resolve to these issues?

Thanks for your kind(?) words. The team is still here on Earth, and actively looking into the issue of falling/floating even as we type.

Regarding the "constant" crashes, what sort of activities are you doing that causes them? Maybe I've just been fortunate, but I've been able to play for an hour or two steady with no crashes at all.

I thought this was supposed to be an upgraded/updated version? just a thought that is in the back of my head, I am kind of loosing interest and patience with trying to play the game.

This is not a completed game. This game is in beta phase, and we are beta testers. If you are interested in playing the game without faults, wait until its live release.

Thanks for your kind(?) words. The team is still here on Earth, and actively looking into the issue of falling/floating even as we type.

Regarding the "constant" crashes, what sort of activities are you doing that causes them? Maybe I've just been fortunate, but I've been able to play for an hour or two steady with no crashes at all.
i found that sailing made me crash A LOT but today was pretty good so far need more time to test :D

Likewise, crashes have pretty much almost been eliminated for myself and other pirates.
Maybe you and a had full of people are luck enough to not experience these crashes, an may there is something that isn't being told there as to why we have constant crashes, But trying to intimidate me isn't the fix to the problem, I have asked because i would have thought that there would be somebody that had the tact to see if they could help with this and not make a mockery out of it. and for your information 85% of the pirates i play with have the same problem.

My memory says that before the Great Downtime it really was crashing every fifteen minutes. Now it still seems to do it if you crew a ship, but you can explore wild island regions all day then teleport back to town to hand in the quest and nothing explodes!

Maybe you and a had full of people are luck enough to not experience these crashes, an may there is something that isn't being told there as to why we have constant crashes, But trying to intimidate me isn't the fix to the problem, I have asked because i would have thought that there would be somebody that had the tact to see if they could help with this and not make a mockery out of it. and for your information 85% of the pirates i play with have the same problem.
I did ask for more info, as a first step to possibly solving any issues you may be having. You replied to a post AFTER that one instead. In order for us to fix any problems, we first need to understand specifics of their causes and steps to reproduce them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back