Sailing MEGATHREAD: Hanging/frozen loading screens (ship docking, etc)

Hello,
Every time that I get all my loot, 12 crates or more, I go to dock but when I do the game stops loading and I will have to close and will loose all my loot. This happens frequently as I find myself restarting the game every other time I have to dock for a quest or to get my loot. I read a previous forum about disabling the fancy loading screen which helped it not be as frequent but it still happens. I have spent a lot of time going to gather all the loot and only to not be allowed to dock just ruins it for me and my friends.

Please fix the loading into islands from the ships. All my friends have this problem as well and its extremely annoying to have to close the game and restart to only find the 30 minutes of plundering we did was wasted because we all couldn't load into the game.

Thank you,
Bret, IGN: Strong Arms

Last edited:
I had this happen to me many times.
Go out do a good run full of mats just to port and get the frozen screen.
So i went out sailing today to see at what point it happens the most.
Here are my results.

Exams ocean
varying amount of people on ship.
sucseful empty devil anvil
sucsesful empty port royal
sucseful empty isla tormenta
sucseful empty del fuego
sucseful empty. cutthroat

now sucseful loot runs
loot 6/12 devils anvil
loot 6/12 ravens cove
loot 4/12tortuga
loot 6/12 cuba
loot 2/12 driftwood island

now sucseful loot runs full with bounty.islands still open did not sink hunters.
12/12 cuba
12/12 port royal
12/12 kings head
12/12 isla perdida
12/12 ravens cove

sucseful runs with islands closed and sinking hunters.
sucseful port royal
1 rare mat
1 ship may
1 loot chest
6 loot bags
3 royals
sucseful tortuga
12/12 did not look at loot

failed run frozen screen on
landing on ravens cove
loot 12/12
ports closed sank 2 hunters and tally ho warship.

all these landings were made state on. people were random.
This tells me the problem doesn’t happen till after the ports are closed and the ship is full. or (over full)
seems it has to do more with the loot system then it does docking.
doesn’t happen to me till after i start sinking hunters and war ships.

I tested it out with me and my brothers account to see if it was random. It seems that if you hold TOO MUCH loot you crash. In the other hand, if you join late, which i made my brother do, he didn't crash upon docking but I did anyways. I tested this 3 more times and seen that every time I will do a full run I would crash.

I've given up on being captain of my ship as it will only lead to a crash in full mat runs that's at least half an hour wasted each time.

I get the exact same problem. As much as I love the game, this problem needs to be fixed before we get anything else. I've lost up to 5 Loot Skull Chests once from this problem. At this point, I've just accepted the fact that I just need to take my chances. I love this game, I really do, but this needs to be prioritized and fixed asap. I'm only level 17 on sailing because of this. Don't get me wrong, I'm gonna keep playing the game, but I've only used sailing to get from point A to point B.

Here's my advise:

For lots of gold - Fishing (You can get up to 200 gold per fish if you are level 20 fishing)
For all that plunder lost - Isla Tormenta (The Cursed Caverns are hot spots programmed to give good loot. If you farm there for an hour, you are bound to get 5 Loot Skull Chests)
For XP - I know its not fun to sail when you can't plunder, but my best advise is to get sailing up to level 15, and purchase a war ship. Once you have a war ship, the only place to go is upgrading, no use in really leveling up your sailing more until this glitch is fixed)

That's my two sense. The game devs really need to work on this glitch before anything else. Part of being a pirate is plundering, and I can't even do that!

Every time i go sailing now when i dock i crash it used to be only about half the time now its every time. I can only do mat and gold runs dont even bother with skull chest cause i wont get the loot out of them. I dont know what ive done in my setting to cause this any help at all would be great.

It has worsened , Couldn't port on Tormenta last night with a War Brig , It just Bumped me back . I usually get the " Your sailing too close " Yet the Drop anchor evades me ! Enemy ships In the middle of Island and sailing through them may not help ! Seems like the grids offset to me .

I would say 3/5 times when I port with a hefty sack of Loot Skulls, Rare Mats, and everything a pirate would love to have, I always get disconnected and manage to lose it all. I clear cache every time I login and I run on administrator and nothing seems to work. This has really become a pain in the butt and someone has to fix this, for all I know I could be loaded with famed and legendaries right now but nope... disconnected again for the 4th time in a row.

I cannot land with full holds. Crashed every time tonight. Kinda frustrating.

Attachments

• tlopo-171010_204409.log
    1.1 MB · Views: 117
Whatever was done in these last two updates has had a negative effect on me. I used to have the occasional crash when porting, but NEVER froze entering stores or changing zones, now it seems like when I enter a store, I have about a 70% chance to get in without having to restart. I also get the rare need to restart when teleporting.

I don't know how long this has been an issue but it still is every time I come back from plundering normal ships or even high leveled ones whenever I reach a max stack I get a frozen loading screen whenever I dock it never happens whenever I have exactly 2 resources on my ship making it extremely annoying and not even worth plundering ships. This is a top priority issue as tons of players are not receiving any of their loot that they worked for.

Crashes have been getting to an unplayable level. I can't even remember how many times it has took me today to dock at any island, even on low population servers.

Crashes have been getting to an unplayable level. I can't even remember how many times it has took me today to dock at any island, even on low population servers.

I have been trying to let my ship stay nosed in for about 5 seconds. That does seem to help.

I'm pretty sure this is common for alot of people, but I still want to mention this annoying experience.
Everytime I go out for some mat runs, and head back for port after being full, 1/2 times I will get stuck in an endless loading screen. And ofcourse wasted a lot of time because of all the loot being lost.

So I am wondering if this issue is being worked on, or what this might be causing? :jack:

Back