MEGATHREAD: Hunters/Warships/Ship Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Occasionally the "Scoundrel" flag is attained but warships don't spawn, and no ports open. This causes the player to be unable to port at any island. I attempted docking at Raven's Cove, Cuba, Tortuga and Devil's Anvil, which are the default open ports during the warship-phase but those ports, along with every other island are locked up. As you can see in the screen, I have the "Scoundrel" flag but the "Port Open" box does not appear, as I point out with the red box on the right. This happens rarely but it is pretty frustrating when it does occur. Thanks in advance for working on this, Devs!
ScoundrelSeaBug.jpg

Occasionally the "Scoundrel" flag is attained but warships don't spawn, and no ports open. This causes the player to be unable to port at any island. I attempted docking at Raven's Cove, Cuba, Tortuga and Devil's Anvil, which are the default open ports during the warship-phase but those ports, along with every other island are locked up. As you can see in the screen, I have the "Scoundrel" flag but the "Port Open" box does not appear, as I point out with the red box on the right. This happens rarely but it is pretty frustrating when it does occur. Thanks in advance for working on this, Devs!
View attachment 85806
See my earlier posts for a workaround :)

View attachment 85806
I'll just add on to your post (can't port)...
Nice War Galleon by the way.
Screenshot (31).png

2017-7-3 tlopo-rc-v1.2.6
Bugfixes
several issues here since last update of things posted that are still broke badly

• Fixed a crash with ship permissions.- since yesterday still crashing or cant tp to ship after in the crew and dc or cant get to ship at all.has happened on abassa, valor ,andaba ship set on guild or public same effect cant board.happened on 4 ships in a row 1 the owner/captain of ship, could not get back and ship was not full.
  • Fixed an interest bug that would prevent players from leaving crews.- every crew i join it still says in crew after i leave it and attempts to join new crew fail as still in crew if ask to join..its worse than ever abassa,valor, advent,all fail to reset at all once crew you are stuck in that crew to reload game.
  • Ship materials can now drop from normal ships.- since this was implemented the cant port at all no port display safe bug is more common, and last time i tried work around it failed also.i sailed on abassa for 60 mins full holds no hunters ever came at all, reloaded got hunters and after killed 5 dropped treasure chests and loot pouches no mats?!?, if normal ships can drop must be rare rare as after 150 sunk of various ships as yet non have dropped mats but hunters drops now seem totally nerfed. this has occured on every server i have tried since last update and if do get more than 3 mats its a crash on port get nothing 75% of the time or like last run actually made land fall abassa carrying 6 rare mats,7 mats 5 skull loot chests 2 royals took 90 mins to amase 3 times hunters stopped coming until more ships where sunk to restart them finally, on port got 6k gold 0 items and 12 pine, 12 oak 7 iron that was it?
  • are these isolated cases of i just have terrible luck since last update or it this what others also see, but go fishing get 3 fames in 1 hour?!? my so many this must also be bugged was never that easy before.

So..I have been going the cargo route working toward a skull and crossbones hull. When I finally got it the cargo capacity of my ship dropped even though in the stats it says the upgrade your cargo would remain at 100%. I assumed they meant from the previous upgrade or did it mean it reverted to a war brig's normal hold amount (which is what seems to have happened). It has been awhile but I do not remember my hold decreasing so dramatically in POTCO. Is this a glitch in programming? In what it displays on the screen? If It was going to decrease it seems it should have listed the upgrade as 40% or something (and bright red numbers: -60%) ?!?!

Hunters aren't spawning on any server other than Abassa. It's been this way for over a day now.

I personally hate sailing on Abassa, so I've actually been playing less because of this.

I still need so much iron...

Bounty Hunters & Warships
-move way too fast
-seem to shoot off broadsides very frequently and quickly like they don't have to wait for them to reload

TallyHo & other Warships
-take practically no damage from regular cannon fire
-seems as though you need upgraded cannons like fury or thunder to do any noticeable damage

Also a suggestion:
I feel like getting 1 mat from hunters/warships doesn't feel like much since it takes so much to sink them. Perhaps instead a warship could reward a "Mat Loot Crate" which could contain 1 rare mat & 2 regular mats

I haven't played this game in almost a year or so. It's been awhile but the ship seem to be moving pretty fast a lot faster then they usually do, Is this something new or a glitch? Also, It's hard to find certain ships right now I am trying to sink two bulwarks but all I see are ferret ships as far thy eyes can see. I don't know if this has been asked before if it has i'm sorry to for repeat.

Thanks for bringing back the game. You guys are doing great work.

@Skittles312
As far as finding certain ships goes, try this thread. It was very helpful to me for finding specific ships, and should point you in the general direction.
As far as the ships moving fast, I think part of that is server lag, but I'm not sure. I also don't remember them moving so fast either. Either way, it's still possible for me to sink ships, just harder!

I don't believe ship upgrade to level 6 Copperhead is working correctly. Would like to hear from others, especially from solo sail testing(no crew repairing etc).

I don't believe ship upgrade to level 6 Copperhead is working correctly. Would like to hear from others, especially from solo sail testing(no crew repairing etc).

Sounds like the latest update just massively increased damage from enemy ships.

Also a suggestion:
I feel like getting 1 mat from hunters/warships doesn't feel like much since it takes so much to sink them. Perhaps instead a warship could reward a "Mat Loot Crate" which could contain 1 rare mat & 2 regular mats

I actually came on to comment on this. In Potco, it wasn't a suggestion. This is what rate should drop if the game is meant to be just as POTCO was. Regular mats from Hunters = one regular part material. Rare materials need to drop one part rare and two parts of a regular. I really wish I would have had the foresight to take a screenshot back on Potco, but I plenty well remember times I'd get 50+ canvas or pine when I did a complete run with fair number of Warships sunk. If we're gonna take the time to take down warships, the reward needs to be there too. It also makes it much more reasonable to gather materials to get on past rank 2 or 3 upgrades. Nobody wants to take forever to get 15% of the way there.

How come the fortune hunter upgrade does one less knot than the storm chaser upgrade? This doesn't make much sense to me because more cargo should decrease the ship's speed by a lot right? This kind of makes it pointless to get storm chaser unless you want your broadsides to do thunderbolts or you like the design of the ship also can I get more speed if I upgrade the hull to the next level or does it stay at 110 percent?

Hunters and war ships are going too fast. I hardly get them within cannon range on my War Galleon. Because of their insane speed, please fix this.

We seem to still be having an issue with warships and hunter spawns, where one, the other, or both fail to spawn, regardless of server population.
If you're sailing for ship materials, which many pirates are, you need these ships to spawn regularly, not one or not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back