Workaround MEGATHREAD: Infinite loading screen workarounds

Jack Firehawk

Buccaneer
Alright I literally had about an 80% chance of having an infinite loading screen on porting.
I must've lost easily 80-90 Loot skull chests in my runs because of this.
Only after going into my settings did I realize that Fancy Loading screen was checked.
I Unchecked it and VOILA!
I was able to do the rest of my mat runs (about 9) without a single infinite loading screen!
I was ecstatic!
Just wish I knew what was in all those loot skulls I lost.
Im level 42 with only 2 famed, so I can only imagine.

I had swithced to the Old loading screen long ago but It hasn't changed a thing other then being unaware of % It froze at ! lol ........... :jar: I did find an New error code kicking me to desktop but doubt it's of any Importance !

I've had fancy loading screen disabled for a very long time, I still get infinite loading constantly unless I relog before porting. Could you by any chance screenshot your settings and show them to us? I'd like to compare them to mine and see if I can't figure out what option or combination of options causes it.

For me I keep my settings on high everything maxed, I do this for stress testing the loading screens and graphics in general. I do get stuck in loading screen from time to time. Gonna go ahead and change some settings as I have done this test long enough :p

Fair winds mates and don't be afraid to test game options to the limit every once in a while so we can keep devs informed as to that portion of beta testing.

Update: I played around 9 hours with no infinite loading screen (with fancy loading screen off) which is a massive improvement as I was getting them about 6 times per hour.
I started having the problem again yesterday evening and I'm not usually online then. It seems the problem starts when Abassa reaches 120+ population as I've had no problems when it's under 100 (when I'm usually on).
So perhaps this is also something to do with the amount of traffic on the servers at that time?

Update: I played around 9 hours with no infinite loading screen (with fancy loading screen off) which is a massive improvement as I was getting them about 6 times per hour.
I started having the problem again yesterday evening and I'm not usually online then. It seems the problem starts when Abassa reaches 120+ population as I've had no problems when it's under 100 (when I'm usually on).
So perhaps this is also something to do with the amount of traffic on the servers at that time?

I think it's a combination of the traffic and the relay points that sometimes just desynchronise with the client due to the traffic amount.

Back