Workaround MEGATHREAD: Infinite loading screen workarounds

Option 4 seems tedious, but I'm gonna give it a try anyway!
Sometimes it's faster, if you are near kingshead and the open port is Raven's Cove, it's definitely faster to get your ship sunk and avoid the infinite screen that going all the way to Raven's Cove and relogging before porting.

Thought I'd update on what I have discovered with the infinite loading screen issue. Maybe it will help others. It has seemed to cut it down for me (though I can't explain how)
So at first when I was getting this almost everytime I tp'd to a friend or a island, I turned fancy loading screen OFF. This worked for a few days then it started happening again with increasing frequency.
Today I turned fancy loading screen back ON and have played 5 hours without a single infinite loading. So try toggling this option on and off and see if it helps. I hope it does :)

This is an old thread but people might want to revisit it: https://piratesforums.co/threads/best-in-game-settings-for-tlopo-beta-1-3-5.16741/
Also I believe there was a thread by Divine (i think this was it:https://piratesforums.co/threads/out-of-memory.16879/#post-236135)
which showed you how to increase your virtual RAM which even a not very tech savvy person as myself was able to do. It was followed by a posting which depicted what that would look like on your monitor's screen. The thing I learned about the virtual RAM is you can set your max level for three times the amount of RAM you have. I had 8GB so i entered 24GB as my max. The lower value was what my computer recommended (Which turns out was higher than the default). These two in combination really improved the play-ability of the game for me. Also, in some of the above threads I read about people logging out to clear their caches. Clearing caches can be done manually without logging out. The cache folder is in the TLOPO folder. Open it, highlight all the items (click on the top item, scroll down,click on the last item while holding the shift key down), and then delete them. I used to do this every time before porting or entering El Sud or the Catacombs. I've mentioned this before but the forums have too much good information spread out in different threads and similar/related concerns are repeated in different threads as well. Plus too much "this happens to me also" postings. I think the forums need to be purged significantly and the advice that seems to work the best to be stickied (?) at the top of each thread. One pirate's opinion. ;)

Last edited:
Back