Megathread: Launcher issue (MacOS)

Not trying to be difficult here, but is it absolutely "required" to download High Sierra for this to work again? I'm hesitant to do so due to other programs that operate better on Yosemite (in addition to not having much space on the hard drive).

Well...Once Again, being patient, reading the Forums, and try try try again finally paid off.
I had gotten back on after the first High Sierra trouble, then came this latest update and the recurring Launcher spin cycle came back, "Updating blah blah, ad infinitum".
I did the thing in Terminal I don't know how many times, re-downloaded the game the same, trashed the app, etc etc etc. Then a few hours ago after doing all that yet again, it was happy hour so I went to make meself a highball. I come back...and there is the loading screen asking what ocean I want!
I have NO idea what I did to finally get back on. I just kept trying. So do not despair me hearties!
THANK YOU to all you folk who brought back this lovely game! :cheers:

If you are on a mac, go to your spotlight and search "terminal." Then paste in

rm ~/Library/Application\ Support/The\ Legend\ of\ Pirates\ Online/Game/resources/default/phase_4.mf

into it and hit enter. Then it'll work when you log in!!! Someone told me and it worked I promise!
its not working

The game was working fine for my brother the other day but when he tried to login today he coudn't get past the loading screen. We've tried reinstalling the game and restarting the computer but nothing is working. Anyone know a fix?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 6.30.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 6.30.18 PM.png
    476.1 KB · Views: 267
The game was working fine for my brother the other day but when he tried to login today he coudn't get past the loading screen. We've tried reinstalling the game and restarting the computer but nothing is working. Anyone know a fix?

It is posted in earlier comments on this thread.
This works for me when I have the same problem --
Go into Applications, trash the Pirates game app.
Re-download the game from TLOPO.
There is a code to copy into the "Terminal" utility on the Mac: rm ~/Library/Application\ Support/The\ Legend\ of\ Pirates\ Online/Game/resources/default/phase_4.mf
Then hopefully the game will start up again!

:cheers:

It is posted in earlier comments on this thread.
This works for me when I have the same problem --
Go into Applications, trash the Pirates game app.
Re-download the game from TLOPO.
There is a code to copy into the "Terminal" utility on the Mac: rm ~/Library/Application\ Support/The\ Legend\ of\ Pirates\ Online/Game/resources/default/phase_4.mf
Then hopefully the game will start up again!

:cheers:

When I try to delete the application it won't let me. It says that plugins are still in use. I tried doing the other steps anyways but it still won't load.

Im having an issue launching the game where I log in and it sais "launching the game..." but it closes , but then wheni re-open it still says launching the game but never starts

Back