MEGATHREAD: Launcher Issues (October 2017)

Go to https://tlopo.com/play/ and download the new launcher and it should work.

I uninstalled and reinstalled it and it's working fine now. ( P.S. I have Windows 7 if anyone is wondering because this may not work on every version )
Same here, uninstall then reinstall and all good to go.

No reason I know of it shouldn't also work for other Win versions. The script that generates the TLOPO installer is Win version agnostic.

What do you do if you get only 49% into the launcher update and get this message?

"error writing to file icuin54.dll"
LOL, never seen that one before.
When I get these garden variety errors I usually do a clean install and it fixes them.
Not saying it will work for you but it might.
Uninstall the game, reboot, reinstall.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but this keeps popping up during the download.

View attachment 94300
If I click retry, the same box pops up over and over. If I click abort, the download stops. If I click ignore, the download continues, but the same error pops up for several other files as well. And at the end of the download, I still can't connect to the server.
This error will occur if you have the launcher open while you are in the installation process. The installer can't update files that are still in use.

In a future update to the launcher, we are adding a check that will automatically terminate the launcher process during installation if it is open to prevent this behavior.

EDIT: This update has been pushed. Redownload the launcher and you should be good to go.

Last edited:
I'm having an issue with starting up TLOPO. I decided to uninstall everything and redownload it because I figured it would be easier. Now whenever I try to open either the launcher or the uninstaller in my files it says "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item"

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Could you please provide a screenshot of the error you're getting? Have you tried running the installer with administrator privileges?

This is the message I get, and yes I've tried running both as an admin. Now I can't even uninstall the files so I can try again.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    467 KB · Views: 129
Try restarting your computer and run the uninstaller from within game's folder. In your attempt to re-install you might have corrupted a service or two and they might be running on the background as we speak.

Give it a try and let us know what gives

you need your antivirus to be disable for couple minutes and if computer defender stop the download click more information and say run any way and you be good happen the same to me and i finnaly figure it out ...i hope that will work i got window 8.1 i am sure all other windows are the same..good luck

I uninstalled, then re-installed as instructed after the latest update. I try to open my shortcut on my desktop, and I receive a message saying,

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to run this item."

I've tried running it as an administrator, and it doesn't help. I am using Windows 10. Please help. Thanks.

Back