Megathread: Launcher Update Issue (Windows)

ArabellaDrummond

The Tomb Raider
Please use this thread to report the ongoing issue for Windows users concerning the update process.

ALL threads concerning the aforementioned issue will be merged here.

Thank you,
Forum Moderator Arabella

has anyone been having login problems? I have been trying to log in for the past two days and at first, I thought it was probably my computer but I uninstalled the game from my computer and re-installed but the same issue keeps happening. Game says that its updating file and it has been going on since yesterday. Help?

Attachments

• Pirate.png
    Pirate.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 229
I can't update the latest update. When I download it, I click "open when done", and nothing happens. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing happens. When I go to my downloads and tried to open with admin, I get this message" windows can not access this specific device, path, file. You many not have the appropriate permission to access the item". I also tried to run it as Admin. I'm running windows 7 professional.

tlopolauncher.jpg

Last edited:
What browser are you using and do you have a different one you can download the launcher with to test?

Also, try rebooting in safe mode to see if u can access the launcher. If you can, its not a permission issue and rather it is somehow blocked.

What browser are you using and do you have a different one you can download the launcher with to test?

Also, try rebooting in safe mode to see if u can access the launcher. If you can, its not a permission issue and rather it is somehow blocked.
Ok figured it out. My anitvirus had two different places to add programs and another place to allow. Even though I added the site it still wasn't allowed. It downloaded and updating. Thanks

Hey, i have a problem with the game too after updating the launcher. I cannot seem to be able to open it, it gives me a black screen and then crashes anybody knowing a fix?

So after this screen i login succesfully and then the game window appears (black) then it crashes

Last edited by a moderator:
Try running the launcher as admin..? and disable antivirus temporarily

Did you change any graphics settings the last time you were in the game (example, OpenGL to direct x)?

well if the button is gone, i dont know what else to suggest. Thought maybe a reinstall would fix that option. I just know when I tried putting it on directx, it crashed everytime,, the game does not support it yet.

Its possible that option was taken out in a newer launcher since its not supported yet. I've never thought to look on mine. Maybe redownloading just the launcher from the website would fix it. Then the default settings would be what they need to.

Back