Megathread: Launcher Update Issue (Windows)

I dont know if its the new launcher or not but it keeps telling me "you are trying to login from a new location please check your email" and nothing ever comes to my email. Both the launcher and website tell me this. Any ideas?

I'm not even getting it with updating, it will open the game, and load to 24% then send me right back to the launcher. Tried uninstalling and running as admin.

What works for me is to delete your cache files, then reinstall the launcher from the website.

I will say though that others have simply let it sit on that screen for ten minutes or more and it eventually loads. I don't have that much patience so when the cache trick doesnt work.. I reinstall the whole game as a last resort.

While trying to update I get an error:
-5: Couldn't extract archive: phase_4.mf.bz2

EDIT: Nevermind it decided to work right after I posted this.

Last edited:
I am still having this issue...

Edit: It has now began to let me see the starting screen, but then returns to the launcher and often gives me the same issue again.

Edit 2: Strange issues I suppose, for I am in as well now. Just had to do 30 minutes of administrative restarting.

Last edited:
Hi guys. Newbie to this forum, used to play POTCO until it was shut down. So, I've been researching through the forum and online for a few days trying to get the game to work and currently it's at the point where it launches and reaches 24%, and then crashes. Windows 10 64 bit, GTX 980Ti graphics (most recent updates). Installed and ran the game in Admin, tried all available compatibility mode options. Tried it on a windows 7 machine, didn't even get this far, and then a windows 7 VM i created for this purpose, and made it even less far. So, basically I am out of options but I love this game and would very much like to play it again. Here's the last log that was generated. I think the place where it breaks changed since this last 1.16 update, but still at 24%. Really hope someone's been through this and that its fixeable :sad1:

Attachments

• tlopo-180709_012325.log
    5.1 KB · Views: 60
I've redownloaded it close to a dozen times by now and installed to various directories on my computer after trying the default a few times, unfortunately to no avail. For whatever reason it just never finds a set of files which, again, I'm pretty sure changed between the previous version and 1.16, which means I am getting the updates and processing them, just something somewhere that... eh? I'm a developer by trade and am itching to dive into the source code for this, seeing the line numbers. Excerpt from the log:

:07-09-2018 01:36:24 :audio(error): createSound(audio/gunshot1.ogg): File not found.
:07-09-2018 01:36:24 :audio(error): createSound(audio/musketCock.ogg): File not found.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "__tlopo__.main", line 74, in x5g_2b8f089b
File "<compiled pirates.x5g_40e07fc9.x5g_c664180c>", line 50, in x5g_2b8f089b
File "<compiled pirates.x5g_40e07fc9.x5g_6965ffee>", line 358, in x5g_b85b050a
File "<compiled pirates.x5g_40e07fc9.x5g_6965ffee>", line 371, in x5g_a463b9b3
AttributeError: PiratesBase instance has no attribute 'cr'

Back