MEGATHREAD: Misc. Bugs/Glitches

Status
Not open for further replies.
The torches on Tortuga next to the Peddler there are just floating fires, there is nothing attached to them. (this is probably known but I wanted to put it here anyway.)

Carver in the faithful bride must still be ducking out to visit other islands, sometimes he shows on tracker on Tortuga like a good bartender...sometimes elsewhere...even visiting a winsome wench at the tatt parlor!! But if you go to the Faithful Bride he will def be there to turn in your quests. (only npc I know of thats still woogily on tracker)
Yeah I've noticed this too

There's a glitch with the loading screen once you attempt to create your pirate - the Jail loading screen is stuck at 30% and will not budge D':

Unfortunately, I have read this thread just moments ago and given I haven't even a single pirate, I am unable to change/choose servers :/ Been waiting for 40 mins, but just restarted it and keeping my fingers crossed! Cheers for the quick reply though mate, appreciate it :bang:

After you purchase the large version of a sack, pouch, barrel, or belt, and then buy the small or medium version, whichever one you bought last sets the cap. So I now own the large pouch but have 125/100.

not sure if this is happening to anyone else ..........while attacking in group no matter where my mouse pointer on the screen is it constantly opens player cards of pirates around me so every time i swing the sword this happens ..also the clicking sound from holding down the right mouse button like the click of the mouse is set to repeat

I've had a moral conundrum about reporting this bug, but I guess I have to lol. For the last two times I've played, the game did not kick me off the server when my play time was up. I played for a few hours after my time limit was up and then I logged off, and I couldn't log back on again without signing up for a slot (so I don't have a beta key).

I've had a moral conundrum about reporting this bug, but I guess I have to lol. For the last two times I've played, the game did not kick me off the server when my play time was up. I played for a few hours after my time limit was up and then I logged off, and I couldn't log back on again without signing up for a slot (so I don't have a beta key).
I've noticed I'm let on early a few times. Also, times in play without beta key are not always accurate.
Report from today's session. I am now level 7 I think.

First interaction with another Pirate. Asked me to join his guild and friended me. I thought that was very nice.
So I lopped off his arm with my broadsword, then filleted him like a tuna and looted him right down to his underwear. But I was polite about it of course.

J/K!

All on Tortuga this session. I try to run the complete island and interact with every npc or creature.
Quests: Quests are not functioning about 30% of the time, or location of tracked item is empty if going straight to it, a log off sometimes fixes this. The quests in this session did not set until a log off and back in. Could not talk or go in to see npc until relogging.

AI: Only under 5 of about 50 npc's reacted to my toon. Maybe 3 turned to face me or waved from a distance.
Monsters: many scorps still airborn throughout wildwoods and elsewhere. Collision detection sporadic, AI and I become stuck together.
First blunderbust shot within 3 yards of enemy with red circle on them does not register as hit 8 out of 10 times. Does not show as missed.
Monster then charges full strength - wildwoods and elsewhere.

Mini games. -Cannon. Don't know if this is game function or a bug. Attempt cannon mini game, no hits ever recorded. Ships looted at will but the game seemed to function well otherwise. Game play started, completed and all info screens seemed correct and was properly exited when done.
-Fishing seems to show no bugs as yet. All npc interaction is smooth and complete.
-Cards. Seemed to work as expected, no apparent glich in that session.
-Digging. Hit as many digs as I could find, none had loot. All were 'nothing interesting'
2 dig sites by beach near peddler did kick me out of the game, once was frozen in green circle, another after digging 3 times.

Doors had glitches about 50% of the time all over the island where sometimes didn't open and needed relog.
Taverns and tatoo parlor were majority of door problems.

Did not do potions this sessions, but did time before and it worked smoothly with all activity working as expected including npc interface.

Still clipping when anchoring at least 60% of the time.

Still floating torches by tatto on beach.

Smugglers den has large population of floating npc and monsters. I can still kill them however.
None of the npc/monsters in smugglers den did any collision detection with my toon. Only when engaging after 2 or 3 slashes did they react.

Was also kicked to relog sreecn/windows when killing skelletons in smugglers den. 3 time as I recall. I see no apparent pattern in fighting or collision position with any of these before getting kicked.

I did see load times improve in most of the session.
And I'm new, so I don't know if some of these are ingame features or not.

Last edited:
Just started playing today. I got to port royal part of the tutorial and when I needed to kill the Undead Gravediggers. I wasn't sure where to look so I ended up wondering around. I found the Governor's Garden. I looked around but couldn't find any grave diggers there. So I tried to go back to town, but was not allowed to. As I was told I needed to kill 3 undead skeletons before I could leave. After killing a bunch of the enemies in the area, I still couldn't get back. Ended up deleting that character and starting over. Wasn't horrible thing to happen so early but still though you all should know.

after recent update a little bit ago...seeing graphics issues like fire from cannon under water....abassa crashed, or I think it did....increased player crashes seems like on our ships...connection broken error after logging back in a few times now ....last update was soooooo much better imo.

I went to visit Tia and it gave me the doll, and teleportation to cuba quests again. (I'm level 20, so i have already done those)

Just started playing today. I got to port royal part of the tutorial and when I needed to kill the Undead Gravediggers. I wasn't sure where to look so I ended up wondering around. I found the Governor's Garden. I looked around but couldn't find any grave diggers there. So I tried to go back to town, but was not allowed to. As I was told I needed to kill 3 undead skeletons before I could leave. After killing a bunch of the enemies in the area, I still couldn't get back. Ended up deleting that character and starting over. Wasn't horrible thing to happen so early but still though you all should know.
I've been there done that. But try to remember this game is still in, well, full beta and there will be issues.
It's not about successfully playing in game, it's about the game playing successfully.

It seems like Growing Grog is responsible for a glitch that crashes the game, and locks users out of the affected pirate. At this point in time I'm not sure if this is only for Growing Grog or applies to other cosmetic potions such as Phantom Spirits or others, and I'm not wiling to test since a significant time sink is required to level potions to these levels.

Attached is my most recent log. I was able to create another pirate but when I tried to get on my main it instantly crashed.

Attachments

• tlopo-170527_193756.log
    179 KB · Views: 113
Like others the voodoo doll quests had appeared in quest log...a little bit ago after a re-log, it had disappeared....Along with my Cuba teleportation totem quest with Tia.....wahhhhh... I need that...

Growing Grog, and possibly other potions with a cosmetic effect, crashes the game and locks players out of their pirate.

Attachments

• tlopo-170527_192444.log
    11.8 KB · Views: 77
  • tlopo-170527_191537.log
    13.2 KB · Views: 80
  • tlopo-170527_190209.log
    22.2 KB · Views: 68
  • tlopo-170527_193756.log
    179 KB · Views: 75
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back