MEGATHREAD: Misc. Bugs/Glitches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bug with the shipwright:
My frigate has mast damage, but I cannot repair it at the shipwright. It does have full HP (apparently), so perhaps this is the reason I cannot repair it?
frigate-ship-screen.png

o-malley-screen.png
Are you able to launch your ship?

I am now getting guild update messages for the Supreme guild, of which I am not a member. This latest update should probably be rolled back, especially with the so-called server maintenance every 5 minutes resetting the pirates.

screenshot_2017-07-25_11-12-19.jpg

Have you tried every dig spot required for both quests? If you do have other quests that don't require digging, have you tried completing them?
Hi,
Yes, I have tried digging on every single spot. Have tried every server, multiple re-logs, and there have been several updates throughout my efforts. I am about to go try again.

I have the Fine Cutlass Upgrade quest, as well as the Black Pearl quest.. and have reached a point in both where digging is required. I know of 2 other pirates who are having a similar issue.
So, until fixed, I will work on other things. I have faith in the bug-correctors! :)

Btw, all of my other quests have been fine, and can complete just fine. Had to dig up stuff in the past, am also able to get items from chests and barrels.

When I first got the Upgrade quest, I was able to retrieve 2 of the 4 items from Rumrunner, then had to log out. That big upgrade that fixed the Mac access happened around this time. (I don't have a Mac) Nothing since then.

My pirate friend just got the Upgrade quest a couple of days ago.. was able to get the Rumrunner items (all 4), and gets nothing on the other two islands either. He tried all the things I did.

I really appreciate your help, thank you!

Good Luck!
Reborn, no disrespect meant, but why do you have 170 posts in less than 3 days and most are 1 liners.
Are you in the game at all? Is that a pirates name there? Is there some prize I don't know about for the most posts in the least amount of time?
sorry, it just seemed off to me. It just looks like tweets or something.

Hi,
Yes, I have tried digging on every single spot. Have tried every server, multiple re-logs, and there have been several updates throughout my efforts. I am about to go try again.

I have the Fine Cutlass Upgrade quest, as well as the Black Pearl quest.. and have reached a point in both where digging is required. I know of 2 other pirates who are having a similar issue.
So, until fixed, I will work on other things. I have faith in the bug-correctors! :)

Btw, all of my other quests have been fine, and can complete just fine. Had to dig up stuff in the past, am also able to get items from chests and barrels.

When I first got the Upgrade quest, I was able to retrieve 2 of the 4 items from Rumrunner, then had to log out. That big upgrade that fixed the Mac access happened around this time. (I don't have a Mac) Nothing since then.

My pirate friend just got the Upgrade quest a couple of days ago.. was able to get the Rumrunner items (all 4), and gets nothing on the other two islands either. He tried all the things I did.

I really appreciate your help, thank you!
Hi Grace. Are you over 17 level notoriety? And maybe 20 level sword? If you are then the fine cultlass upgrade won't really help your levels from what I've discovered. The cutless is a lower level quest which gives a level 15sih weapon level. I did those quests well after I leveled 25N and sword 23. So all I got was basically a rare with a decent amount of gold. If I'm correct, then the loot value may be good enough to finish, or if you just relish the accomplishments then disregard my info.
GL for sure.

A long running bug is that I can't seem to disable the max resolution sky globe or the fancy loading screens. They are unchecked in the settings but no results. Same as water effects. I'm trying to run all low res to get an idea of multiplayer problems and game continuity effects without adding in all the cosmetic stuff yet.
Is this something the devs know about?
Any thing else to report at this time is just a rerun.

Now that TLOPO Beta is Reopen, please use this thread to report any

glitches and bugs

The game is in Beta so as you report issues, please be patient. The TLOPO team has put so much work and effort into getting the game off the ground and onto the high seas! As you find issues, report them here so the team is made aware of them.

Please list as much detail as possible as to your location, what you are trying to do, and if there is an error code.

Note: PLEASE do not use this thread to hold discussions.
Thanks!
Every time I shoot a cannon in any ocean, on any server, on any ship I get signed off after the first shot

Every time I shoot a cannon in any ocean, on any server, on any ship I get signed off after the first shot
Tracy. Does the same thing happen alone on your ship as well as on another ship with one or more pirates?
I asked because I see very heavy lag when even one pirate shows up in my area, and only gets worse when more pirates show up. It does not matter the situation, location or server. tlopo seems to be struggling greatly with handling multi player action. If your problem is happening only with more ships on screen and or crew with you, then I think it could be a tlopo server/client optimization problem yet in programming.

My lag is consistent across both platforms and 2 different computers operating at 4 different locations at any given time. It is not my systems, or isp's I'm utilizing.
I can land at padres and know within seconds that a group is at DH because I'm in slide show mode. I can tp to dh right then and there will be 5- 10 pirates tearing up dark heart. The server selection makes no difference.

This could be a graphic issue of yours, maybe your textures are very low? Or maybe just a simple game restart could fix. Or if you mean damage over time on the ship, I am unsure if that's been implemented yet.

none of it works the overtime damages to the ship it says it but its doesnt do it

Do you still recieve the pistol when you log back in?
Never did get the Pistol from Barbossa , Went and got the Free one from shop !
He's L29 and it still crashes at end of Cutscene > No Matter what I do ! lol Been back there twice for other dealings !

world-of-fantasy1.jpg One of my members are having an issue. "It always gets to 20/22.4MB then suddenly goes back to login with no progress done."
Is there a way to fix this?

Hi Grace. Are you over 17 level notoriety? And maybe 20 level sword? If you are then the fine cultlass upgrade won't really help your levels from what I've discovered. The cutless is a lower level quest which gives a level 15sih weapon level. I did those quests well after I leveled 25N and sword 23. So all I got was basically a rare with a decent amount of gold. If I'm correct, then the loot value may be good enough to finish, or if you just relish the accomplishments then disregard my info.
GL for sure.
Hi, Yes, I am over 20 on both counts now. I'm not really doing it for the weapon at this point... as you said, the accomplishment :) I was finally able to dig on my Pearl quest, so that's good. The other, still nothing. I will likely just drop the quest at this point... which is too bad, after doing so many of it's requirements already. Thank you for your post :)

This is an improvement over crashing when porting I guess, but not by much.
Note the absence of a scroll bar of any kind. It never appears. I left one the other day for 4 hours when I went to do stuff and when I came back, it was still sitting there, looking fancy.
dumbest screen ever.jpg

The loading screen that never loads. You can go ahead and log on again, and this screen up top just sits there until you're finally in the game, where this gem below appears.

screenshot_2017-07-31_23-18-54.jpg

So I re-logged into the game and the dud screen finally opens, frustrating as that is.

Pay no mind to the erroneous message, as it is me, on the same computer, re-logging into the game, where the perpetual nonsense screen changes to show what loot I might have won, had the loading screen actually worked.
Now what I find amusing on a side note, is that the game would disconnect me supposedly (remember, it's really me, same computer, etc,) and actually allow someone else to log in and drop me!
My thinking is that if someone really did hack my account, not sure anyone would want to, that it shouldn't drop me, the actual player/pirate, and then kindly informs me that someone else, say a hacker, somewhere, has logged into my account...
Yeah.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an improvement over crashing when porting I guess, but not by much.
Note the absence of a scroll bar of any kind. It never appears. I left one the other day for 4 hours when I went to do stuff and when I came back, it was still sitting there, looking fancy.
View attachment 88786

The loading screen that never loads. You can go ahead and log on again, and this screen up top just sits there until you're finally in the game, where this gem below appears.

View attachment 88787

So I re-logged into the game and the dud screen finally opens, frustrating as that is.

Pay no mind to the erroneous message, as it is me, on the same computer, re-logging into the game, where the perpetual nonsense screen changes to show what loot I might have won, had the loading screen actually worked.
Now what I find amusing on a side note, is that the game would disconnect me supposedly (remember, it's really me, same computer, etc,) and actually allow someone else to log in and drop me!
My thinking is that if someone really did hack my account, not sure anyone would want to, that it shouldn't drop me, the actual player/pirate, and then kindly informs me that someone else, say a hacker, somewhere, has logged into my account...
Yeah.
I have been getting the first bug you posted too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back