MEGATHREAD: Quests - Misc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tacos1223

Sea Legs
Hello!

I have been trying on and off for the past few days or so to retrieve coal from the tortuga graveyard for part of the "Weapon Unlock: Dagger" quest line. I have seen others obtain it so I am wondering if it is just a problem with my account. I have tried all the barrels/wells in the area and no indication of progress ever occurs other than the searching bar that goes along with each barrel. I do however get the indication of "Did not find any quest items." If I press escape before it fully completes.

I have tried things such as;
-Restarting tlopo several times
-Trying other servers
-Restarting pc
-Clearing cache

Any other ideas would be helpful!

Thank you!
Tyler.

Skeleton Infestation - Sink Skeleton Cerberus has been fixed, now Spanish Cerberus is glitched, with the sink when it shows up thing. I feel like this quest will never finish

Family Valuables, dig burried paintings on tortuga, rummrunner, and cangrejos, every dig spot says there is nothing here, (also on this quest there are a few items which directed you to go to the boat guy instead of Solomon at the tattoo parlor sry I cannot recall all the info on this one)

No others to report at this point, I have all the quests right now and the other all seem alright, I will post more here if I find them, or any changes to these as to limit the amount of posts about it.

Last edited:
I'm finally able to get back in BETA. I haven't been in since right after ALPHA ended and I hadn't even created a pirate. Now I can't get past Barbosa. I have a pistol but I still have the quest to talk to him, and every time I do I crash. Also most of the time I crash now doing anything else especially if I try to use the gun. Hopefully they are able to fix this bug soon so I can play!

I had a similar problem. I created my pirate yesterday and every time I tried to go see Barbossa I would get stuck in a glitch. I would either end up swimming under the island or floating. I can't even go see Barbossa to get the quest stared.

I'm pretty sure it isn't just bad luck! I have three quests in my log that requires me to dig, and none of them are giving me the items I need. One of them is the Port Royal teleportation quest, and I've tried digging around Port Royal to maybe 10 different spots to no avail. It does let me dig, but it will say something like "No quest items found here." The other two quests I have require me to dig on Tortuga, but still no luck after so many attempts.

Help?

A friend and I are both having this problem. We both created our pirates today. The game crashes upon finishing the cut scene with Barbossa. I'm able to use a gun now but I still have the quest to talk to Barbossa.

Edit: I was somehow able to get past the quest. After spending a good amount of time getting my shooting to level 7 I decided to try the quest again. I entered and let the cut scene roll again. It finished and then placed me at a weird angle in front of the other npc and I wasn't able to move. I hit 'esc' and another cut scene played which told me about the pirate code and then completed the quest. Hope this helps~

Last edited:
That's odd I had no problems finding a digging spot for those quest yesterday, usually the first spot I find has it. Have you tried logging in and out or switching servers to fix the issue?
Yes, I've logged out and in and have tried different servers. It still keeps coming up with the "No quest items were found here." message. This is really starting to worry me...

So I am level 8 and I still haven't gotten my gun yet. Here's why. Everytime I try to go get my gun from barbossa, if I try to skip the cutscene it crashes the game. Even if I don't try to skip it, I crash when he tosses me the gun and tells me to shoot the monkey. Please help?

This is a new one to me...I'll go ahead and tag @MMDR to see if she has any insight on a possible fix...Only thing I can recommend is pressing F7, going to "Feedback", selecting the "Quests" subsection, and then sending in the bug report.

happen to me too because soon I get there ( for different quest ) I am under water ..try to change server or log off in couple time ..it work I even went back this morning I glitch 2 time but on the third attempt it work ..keep trying the only solution
good luck

Update: Going halfway through the cutscene gives you the skill, but I had to go buy the gun that he gives you from a weaponry. However, now my entire black pearl quest is messed up and theres nothing I can do

Yea I had to do that when I made my Pirate earlier. If you have issues with the tutorial, buy the free pistol before you go to Barbossa. (Flintlock iirc)

This SHOULD work as it did for me when I did the tutorial earlier on my alt.

Yea I had to do that when I made my Pirate earlier. If you have issues with the tutorial, buy the free pistol before you go to Barbossa. (Flintlock iirc)

Yeah I have my gun and I can level it now, but I cant do the black pearl quest as it still tells me to visit barbossa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back