Sailing MEGATHREAD: Sailing (Non-Hunter)/Ships/Lack of Ships

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this problem last night and realized there were none to be had. Perhaps another server might work, but I tried and could not find a one for the quest. No complaints though. I just went and did other things, knowing our efforts are to help the devs make the game better in the long run. I am just glad to play after such a long time.

ive givin it some time to confirm this too ive been playing all week and have seen no sentinels at all , i tried sailing between cuba and perdida nothing so if they are there then they must be not respawning and only showing when servers reset. thats just my guess but ether way i dont see them to sink them

I found 3 around Cuba within about 20 minutes. But the tracker is not picking them up. Just scan the horizon for ships visually and you can usually spot the name

I did what Toothless did (as he was telling me how to play the game over my shoulder for 3 hours...) and it worked.

Ive noticed that the Sailing Enemy AI is aggressive. On a scale of 1-10, it's an 11. I started a new pirate off fresh in celebration, and when I needed to sink a Navy Ferret, by the time I finished I had 5 other Navy ships circling me, firing upon me and I had not even shot them. Some of them did not even shoot me until they followed me good ways out from where they were circling. Being a landlubber isn't such a terrible idea right now o.o

Ive noticed that the Sailing Enemy AI is aggressive. On a scale of 1-10, it's an 11. I started a new pirate off fresh in celebration, and when I needed to sink a Navy Ferret, by the time I finished I had 5 other Navy ships circling me, firing upon me and I had not even shot them. Some of them did not even shoot me until they followed me good ways out from where they were circling. Being a landlubber isn't such a terrible idea right now o.o
Not so sure that's a bug as it was shown in the stream

I don't think you're seeing my point here. How exactly can you effectively solo plunder when you are being fired upon by 5 different ships? I was in red and came so gosh darn close to sinking even though never touched all those ships.
All right I'm sorry for responding :/
I get your point: the AI is hard. I do get it. It's just either adapt or don't sail I guess... once again I'm sorry I wasn't trying to frustrate you

so on kingshead 26 opponents fought 0 drops and they either disappear after 1 swing or drop thru ground? is this the new combat system? likewise at sea 15 ships sunk 2 crates dropped drop rate will be like this as well? or are these bugs?

I only mention it because I have never seen the AI this aggressive.

I don't think you're seeing my point here. How exactly can you effectively solo plunder when you are being fired upon by 5 different ships? I was in red and came so gosh darn close to sinking even though never touched all those ships.

I totally agree Sparky! The enemy ships are way too aggressive. I swear they have outboard motors that kick in when they are being fired upon. Trying to sail solo isn't doable right now. Maybe they will update our ships to match the enemies one day ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back