Sailing MEGATHREAD: Sailing (Non-Hunter)/Ships/Lack of Ships

Status
Not open for further replies.
That seems to be the key to finding ships. Fire on 1 and 9 crawl out of thin air to blast you to Barbados and back.

and speaking of ships i think that flagships are bugged hardcore every time i see one it instantly sinks and stays there soooooo.

So, I will just list a brief summary of most of the issues that we are all experiencing with sailing so far, albeit I likely missed a few:
  • Hostile ships act like race boats.
  • Hostile ships do not appear until Players get very close, making the task of finding a specific ship to sink for a quest that much harder.
  • Flagships provide no loot /sometimes will sink without being shot at and their name tags stay floating in the air long after the ship sinks.
  • AI crews of Flagships spawning all grouped inside each other/invisible to Players.
  • Flagships sometimes are unboardable after the HP reaches 0.
  • All Hostile ships seem to hold a serious grudge against Pirates, and will attack Players just for existing if they get too close, even if they sail a Fishing Boat.
  • Docking has a very high chance of Players loading the island, but spawning above or below ground level and unable to walk on the land, instead the Player acts like Chuck Norris and will swim through land.
  • Cannon crews seem to have learned how to aim from the Imperial Stormtrooper Academy of Accuracy. This applies for both Hostile and Player ships.
I think I got most of them, but these are the issues I see the most; both here on the Forums, and in-game.

I was sailing at server Nocivo and I was attacking EITC Barracuda Flagship and when I boarded the game crashed and now my ship it is stuck at sea. I still have access to the ship but can't do anything...

Attachments

• screenshot_2017-05-24_22-45-08.jpg
    screenshot_2017-05-24_22-45-08.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 60
  • screenshot_2017-05-24_22-45-13.jpg
    screenshot_2017-05-24_22-45-13.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 79
Honestly the only major issue I have with the ship AI is that no matter how I fire my broadsides, they almost always miss. Even point blank they seems to fire in the complete wrong direction. I don't quite mind the ships being faster and the loot being more scarce. I do mind that the enemy light galleons move more like a frigate or a sloop while mine sails thru thick syrup. Make my well aimed broadsides actually hit the enemy ship without them hitting turbo exactly as I seem to fire and I'd be happy. (Oh and the spawning/ line of sight issues in finding ships)

Yea, I've realized because ship AI's are always turning, the "target assist" for broadsides assumes the enemy is sailing in a straight line, so the shots miss.

Don't know about anyone else but for the last three days...
If i try and repair a ship after the repair i am stuck and have to ctrl+alt+delete to leave game.
When i port,I always end up in the water which leads to underground. But when that happens i can logout and get back in.

Just saw that these ar known issues. Sorry to repeat the bugs

Last edited:
Ive noticed that the Sailing Enemy AI is aggressive. On a scale of 1-10, it's an 11. I started a new pirate off fresh in celebration, and when I needed to sink a Navy Ferret, by the time I finished I had 5 other Navy ships circling me, firing upon me and I had not even shot them. Some of them did not even shoot me until they followed me good ways out from where they were circling. Being a landlubber isn't such a terrible idea right now o.o

I agree, I think the enemy ships are too aggressive, speedy, and ruthless right now. I hope they scale things back a bit so sailing won't be so scary/intense.

-I came across a player's ship that was invisible to me, from far away it looked like a group of Navy ships were fighting each other, then once I got closer I got a better look at the trajectories and realized what was happening. Then once I sailed past, the player's ship became visible.
-I was on board a ship (don't remember what type) that never took damage

Also, about the issue reported earlier where enemy ships attack unprovoked- how close are you getting to them when this happens?

Last edited:
Don't know about anyone else but for the last three days...
If i try and repair a ship after the repair i am stuck and have to ctrl+alt+delete to leave game.
When i port,I always end up in the water which leads to underground. But when that happens i can logout and get back in.

Just saw that these ar known issues. Sorry to repeat the bugs

Just press escape, I know it's an easy fix but it works.

So I tried out the flagships and got killed trying to take on a blood scourge :( Since then I can't board my ship anymore. At the dinghy it gives me a "board" option rather than launch. When this happens I go on my ship but I sink through it and just float in water. When I launch another ship I can see the original ship is just sitting unattended by Tortuga! Anyone know how to fix this?

So I tried out the flagships and got killed trying to take on a blood scourge :( Since then I can't board my ship anymore. At the dinghy it gives me a "board" option rather than launch. When this happens I go on my ship but I sink through it and just float in water. When I launch another ship I can see the original ship is just sitting unattended by Tortuga! Anyone know how to fix this?

Have you tried restarting the game? That used to fix any ship related bugs for me. A bit annoying, but it works (at least it used to.)

Also, the Flagships seem to have bugged out for me (I don't know if affects anyone else) and when you enter a new cell while sailing (the cell with the flagships in it), the flagships spawn but then immediately sink and stay sunk, they don't respawn, and if they do, they immediately sink again.

Other than that, not too many problems here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back