Sailing MEGATHREAD: Sailing (Non-Hunter)/Ships/Lack of Ships

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard that there is a Mac problem when mac users start sailing they will crash shortly after. I was wondering when this problem will be addressed and fixed because I haven't been able to continue with my quests for the past two weeks since it requires sailing. Thank you.

I have the same problem about 50% of the time. I lowered my graphic settings and also set the game to priority high in the task manager which helped bring it down from happening 4 out of 5 times. I know we get money and materials even when this happens but don't think we get the chests or bags of loot.

I'm a MAC user and every time I start sailing I either glitch then dc or if I can successfully board my ship and begin to sail the moment I click any of my special skills (broadsides, full sail, take cover) I immediately dc and am kicked back to my home screen and have to re enter my password and such. Sailing is also impossible if you get hit by an enemy ship, that dc me automatically too!

Is anyone else using a MAC experiencing this?

I know the Devs are literally always working hard to improve things but I literally can't even sail to a new location. I have to rely on my guild members to tp to them in order to get to another island.

Thank you for the new update there have been many many good bug fixes and we all appreciate the Devs :) <3 just wanted to put my experience out there!

I'm a MAC user and every time I start sailing I either glitch then dc or if I can successfully board my ship and begin to sail the moment I click any of my special skills (broadsides, full sail, take cover) I immediately dc and am kicked back to my home screen and have to re enter my password and such. Sailing is also impossible if you get hit by an enemy ship, that dc me automatically too!

Is anyone else using a MAC experiencing this?

I know the Devs are literally always working hard to improve things but I literally can't even sail to a new location. I have to rely on my guild members to tp to them in order to get to another island.

Thank you for the new update there have been many many good bug fixes and we all appreciate the Devs :) <3 just wanted to put my experience out there!

I have the same problem lol

Per the latest update, ship damage taken from opposing ships is ridiculous. It is a common solo trick to cannon at sails of a ship well off and take out it's sails as it approaches.

The issue is, a Harbinger or Omen almost kills my galleon even while I'm shooting its sails down so it never broadsides. I lost over 9000 life just from the front cannons. I'm driving a War Galleon, but it shouldn't make a difference. Our armor needs to be higher or their cannon shot needs to not do so much damage, even if the hull is gone. The system is just way out of whack.

On a related note, repairs should also not be so effective. If a hull is gone, it should take at least two rounds just to get the broken hull back to fixed, and further yet to repair the full ship health. Simply put... damage to enemy ships, damage to our own ships, and broken hull bonuses both ways are just astronomical and they are not conducive to a good sea battle right now. Your best bet is to sink the other ship in two broadsides before they sink you. Takes all the skill out of it.

That said... the targeting system is much better. Thank you for making that fix.

I don't mind hard but this last update have made ship battles are almost impossible, to shots for a enemy cannon and I am sunk. Need to shoot some where in the middle of what it was in 1.38 and what it is now in 1.40.

This is beta is the only thing to say....tho I could say a lot more that could of dodged this issue testing code before implementing it would be one.

In my opinion there are wayyy too many clusters of npc ships in some areas of map. I watched a little frigate get pawned by a Juggernaut and death omen that spawned in a huge cluster of small ships right next to cuba....those are lil boats you need for beginner quests and most new sailors level first sailing levels there... Also, certain times of day when less population online its unnecessary. I'm all for more ships, but the numbers were way high, and a jugger next to cuba?

Also, the recharge on npc broadsides seemed super fast this morning.

I agree with Tiame's above post, and even have a relevant tale to tell!
I launched my Light Sloop, The Wolf on a new character from Raven's Cove towards Port Royal, and as I neared Cuba I realized I had 4 Phantoms, a few Navy and EITC ships, and a Death Omen shooting at me. After a valiant last stand that occurred after my sails were shot to bits, -which lasted far longer than it should have, and resulted in nearly all the ships in the area getting involved- the armada sunk my ship, albeit I took a few of them with me! >: D
And all I did was sail in a straight line and shoot a potshot at a Sea Viper for the Voodoo Doll quest, meanwhile my compass was coated in the red markers of enemy ships, even at maximum reach, so apparently Cuba is a place to go if you want enemies surrounding you.

Ahoy peeps!

I would love a little help. Every time I go out at sea and try to sink a ship, the server ALWAYS logs out of the game, even when I join a public ship. Not cool :( Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks sooo much!

So there's a massive problem with sailing that a lot of people don't seem to talk about. Although it's hard to notice if you're not the one at the wheel. I think a majority of it people just don't realize it's happening.

This short video shows the biggest issue, and the most obvious one.

There are two things happening in this video that are just wrong. First, you'll notice that - at least on my screen - I was never actually hit by the War Frigate. However, I still received damage! You can even see the numbers! This doesn't always happen, and a server change will usually fix it.

The other part of this issue is, did you notice that grape shot totally missing the enemy ship? They shot a full ship length in front of the enemy. But look at their health. It went down. On the cannon player's screen he landed that shot just fine. That means the cannoneer either sees the enemy ship in a different location or they see our own ship further behind than it actually is. This one actually does happen all the time. When you captain with a full crew, it commonly looks like your entire crew is just shooting at literally nothing.

Another issue that I don't have a video of just now is that when you try to sail past just in front of another player ship you often crash, despite not touching each other at first.

I believe we're always seeing player ships half a second behind where they actually are, unless we are the captain of it. This is why the cannoneers always shoot forward, because they're seeing the enemy further forward relative to their own ship. Enemy ships are likely the same way, but to a lesser extent. When things are especially bad however, enemy ships start lagging behind a lot too, which is why I was taking damage from that Frigate - the server says the Frigate is a ship's length forward of where it was on my screen, meaning it was right next to me.

Last edited:
Whenever I start battling another ship, whether it be me sailing or using a cannon, my game always crashes... I'm using a MacBook Pro which might be the cause of it, but it really doesn't crash that much and that consistently with other things... Its just hard when I have like 5 missions and they all require sinking ships :p

OK, here's a new glitch on me,
I'll be sailing along and then my ship boots me from the helm and I'm in limbo land, but still able to tp off ship and see what's circling me on the compass, which is usually my hunter and warship pets.
However, they do no damage while I'm in limbo.
I can get a friend to tp to my ship, but they can only use cannons, and can actually sink ships, which do no damage to my ship, but they can't take the helm or sail.
If I tp off the ship with them on it, they can take the helm and sail, and receive a rather typical amount of damage, as this seems to happen when hunters and warships are around.
Then if I try to get back on the ship and sail it, I crash to desktop and my friends can continue the journey until i log back on.

screenshot_2017-08-15_01-20-07.jpg

I've noticed this poor cannon synchronization issue several times and assumed someone had mentioned it already.
I've also noticed where my broadsides completely miss sitting/standing ships, where neither they or I am moving, as if the ship occupied a different location all together. My broadsides will specifically target an area near the enemy, but miss completely, as if they were there but clearly they are not.
Playing side by side with my brother, him on cannons and me on the helm, has revealed serious flaws in the sync issue, where I see my ship ahead of the enemy when circling, and on his screen, the enemy ship is either side by side with ours or slightly ahead of us!
Also, his cannon damage shows on his screen, as you mentioned, yet on my screen he's missed the ship horribly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back