Megathread: Search Quests (EITC Outpost Warrant etc)

On my alt account I been doing the grenade quest. When I got to the 8 cups of sulfur from barrels on Kingshead, I go through the barrel searching action, but it says i never got any of the items i need. I tried re-logging and going to different servers a few different times. Is there a workaround to this?

Also out of curiosity, does anyone else have this problem as well?

Thanks,
William Goldhawk

This has been a recurring problem with many players. Unfortunately never having experienced it myself I can't recommend a surefire solution. From what I've seen here on the forums it may have to do with having multiple search quests at the same time. If you do, try each one until it works again. And if that doesn't help the problem... well maybe someone else will have a better idea. Good luck mate!

I've just recently gotten the quest to get the dagger but the quest to find a bucket of coal in a barrel in the Tortuga Graveyard isn't working properly. I've searched every barrel in the graveyard many times and still haven't gotten what I need. Is there some kind of fix for this?

It's possible that you have multiple quests that require searching barrels open at the same time. Try checking your other quests and try to do the search for them. Once you clear it your dagger quest should free up. If that doesn't work probably support can either get you going again or tell you to wait for an update.

I'm at the part in the quest where I have to find Tar Buckets in barrels in fort Dundee on Padres but iv'e searched every single barrel and haven't found a single one

I Found a solution to this problem. Complete the 2nd part of the quest then search the barrels or wooden crates afterwords. Sometimes you need to kill a few mobs or walk inside a building then try searching again after a few minutes.

Just started on the bomb quest at Kingshead and I was able to complete the mob killing portion as well as the part where I have to search crates to collect charcoal. But when I have to collect sulfur out of the barrels, no matter how many barrels I search, no matter how many times I logout and back in, I can't collect any of it. It allows me to search the barrels but I never collect anything form them. Really putting a stop in a major part of my progress. Would love to hear how to fix this if possible.

Just started on the bomb quest at Kingshead and I was able to complete the mob killing portion as well as the part where I have to search crates to collect charcoal. But when I have to collect sulfur out of the barrels, no matter how many barrels I search, no matter how many times I logout and back in, I can't collect any of it. It allows me to search the barrels but I never collect anything form them. Really putting a stop in a major part of my progress. Would love to hear how to fix this if possible.

Check your journal for other quests that require searching and try completing those. I had a similar problem with a searching quest forbthe Black Pearl and an uncompleated teleportation search quest was the culprit.

I have the quest line in the black pearl crew, the mission is Ring Materials and I am having a glitch with the recovering the sand from the barrels in the royal caverns. I have searched all 10 barrels and switched to multiple servers and it still will not find the sand.

If you have a lot of quests on the go in the journal, try completing some of them first. Especially any quests that require you to search objects.

This is the ONLY quest i have. I tried it when i had multiple quests and just this quest.
Ah I see.
I have had this problem many times with various search quests.
What I do now is just go and do something else for a few days (levelling weapons, sailing, take on a different quest) then try the quest again , and it suddenly works again :) once it took a week lol.
So just enjoy the game and it should sort itself out :)

Hey all,

I am stuck and not sure what else I can do. I am on the Black Pearl Quest Line -- Particularly the one for Lucinda where I need to find empty rum bottles in Fort Charles. I have looked online for where the bottles are located, I have went to that spot and after killing the guards..etc, when I search the bookcase, nothing is found. I have done this for about 2 weeks now, with no luck. I think my quest is bugged. I cannot drop the quest either, as it is 1 of 3 that need to be done and I have done the other 2.

Can anyone offer any advice? This would really stink if I cannot go any further in the story. Please help!

I'm trying to do the Dajin Ming's Competition quest, and whenever I go to the EITC outpost, I can search it, but it says nothing found. I tried this about a week ago and same thing.

I can't get any of the sand from literally any of the barrels in the royal caverns. Is there a workaround? Or am I just being dumb? Thanks! I'd appreciate any help at all.

My latest Pirate ( Now L31 ) has not encountered any Issue with Digs , Searches as of this day . Most common was digs on multiple Islands but that was a normality In POTCO as well . Now when I did have multiple pirates having Issues It was most common caused by having multiple quests with searches / Digs . Just kept at them til one worked ..... May or may not help .............. :jar:

I can't get any of the sand from literally any of the barrels in the royal caverns. Is there a workaround? Or am I just being dumb? Thanks! I'd appreciate any help at all.
Hey, were you ever able to get this to work? I'm having the same issue and spent way too much time last night searching every barrel in the Royal Caverns trying to find one that worked but not a single one did.

Back