MEGATHREAD: Slow and stuck loading screens (and 30%)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stuck At this screen

Attachments

• 2017-06-18 (1).png
    2017-06-18 (1).png
    207.3 KB · Views: 132
I know the way the game is designed is from the Disney's version, but I wonder if it were at all possible to have the players download a lot of the material on their computers so we wouldn't have to see those loading pages each and every time we change maps, especially for houses.

The slowness is going to be usual as they are mainly relying off of Astron which was a remake failed by Panda3D devs to attempt on recreating the files similar to the original OTP but however Astron has more errors and bugs. OTP had fewer.

After todays 1.3.3 update when I am making the transition into a shop or another area on the 5th transition I load anywhere between 78% to 92% and lockup. Log file attached

Attachments

• tlopo-170717_204951.log
    84.1 KB · Views: 93
Today I often get stuck at 74-78% when getting out of a house to an open space, especially Padres. :(

Ahoy me hearties! Hope you are all well on this fine day. This be me question Arr!

So in the loading screen is there a specific order the code works? For example at 11% it loads sound and 13% it loads character skin.
I ask as occasionally when it gets stuck it's always at 76% or 92% and was curious to what exactly causes it to stop. Is it my pc having trouble with a part of the load or just a server glitch.
Ive looked at the logs but can't pinpoint what is going on at 76% or 92% so maybe a more tech savvy could help quench my curiosity :)

This seems to happen to me about once every 40 minutes or so (so not horribly often). It will get stuck at seemingly random percentages at seemingly random times. Once it gets stuck, I have to restart and then it works fine afterwards. One time, I just left it to see what it would do and the game just eventually crashed (after a few minutes). My usual loading times are 4-10 seconds.

Ahoy me hearties! Hope you are all well on this fine day. This be me question Arr!

So in the loading screen is there a specific order the code works? For example at 11% it loads sound and 13% it loads character skin.
I ask as occasionally when it gets stuck it's always at 76% or 92% and was curious to what exactly causes it to stop. Is it my pc having trouble with a part of the load or just a server glitch.
Ive looked at the logs but can't pinpoint what is going on at 76% or 92% so maybe a more tech savvy could help quench my curiosity :)
My loading Locks at 78 % or 92 % then I have to close the window out , Seems It always staggers at these percentages then most often goes on . Seems lately though It has worsened , Stopping at 78 % or 92 % . Does this on 32 and 64 Bit OS , Win 10 on Both . Tried using Admin. but don't seem to make a difference . Sometimes If i Click the Screen It will start again but Not very often . Just seems to have a catch at these 2 places . I B Gorggy ! :)

I have, luckily, not had this problem, but it happens occasionally when landing on an island after a round of sea grinding, but instead of loading up to 76% or 92% it just doesn't load at all. It's only happened to me once per 3 hour game time.

Recently I have encountered a problem when launching from the start screen into the actual game. The loading seems to freeze at 30% and will not move any farther, forcing me to close in manually. If there is any fix please let me know.

Barboosa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back