MEGATHREAD: Slow and stuck loading screens (and 30%)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually had this same issue, so i exited, started the launcher up and chose a server rather than random (apparently Abassa is out of the question for me, literally all my pirates were like "Nope"), but i'm sure somebody tried this... it worked for me guys, worth a shot

I just let it sit for forever and then it started working
Same issue, but this is my first time on; from what I can see, no server selection is available.
Having the same problem
what if youre playing for the first time and creating a pirate? i dont see where to choose a server and it stops loading at 30%
https://piratesforums.co/threads/30-glitch-fix.18768/#post-265015

And if you already have a pirate, you need to choose Valor Ocean specifically. I saw this in another thread once (kudos to you)

Don't know which thread this belongs in, but it's here if any of y'all are stuck in this

You just edited your post, it now says that you're stuck at 30%.
That's a common issue today. Some folks have successfully logged in after trying a few times. I've also seen a suggestion to select a different server to log into instead of letting it choose a random server for you.

A couple things to note here for those who are still having trouble with this; try each step and then attempt to login and play after completing one step:

1. Restart your computer.
  2. Restart your computer and when the loading screen shows up, it'll say 30% like always. The difference? It's not frozen, so click on the window a couple times to make it the active window, a couple more times to make sure the loader knows that it needs to wake up to work, and wait a little bit. The waiting time varies, obviously depending on the processor, but I'm sure it'll work. I'd call the waiting game quits if it takes more than 5 minutes.
  3. Uninstall, re-download and re-install the launcher. Yes, just do it. It can solve things like this. Maybe a couple times, too.
  4. (If you're having trouble merely logging in, dont forget this step) Run the launcher as Administrator, probably best if you set it permanently by right-clicking, "Properties", and going to the compatibility tab and checking "Run as Administrator" for windows.
That's all I've got, really. I think the key is restarting your computer, almost seems like a memory issue? IDK really, but if one of these did or didn't help you, please let us know :)

A couple things to note here for those who are still having trouble with this; try each step and then attempt to login and play after completing one step:

1. Restart your computer.
  2. Restart your computer and when the loading screen shows up, it'll say 30% like always. The difference? It's not frozen, so click on the window a couple times to make it the active window, a couple more times to make sure the loader knows that it needs to wake up to work, and wait a little bit. The waiting time varies, obviously depending on the processor, but I'm sure it'll work. I'd call the waiting game quits if it takes more than 5 minutes.
  3. Uninstall, re-download and re-install the launcher. Yes, just do it. It can solve things like this. Maybe a couple times, too.
  4. (If you're having trouble merely logging in, dont forget this step) Run the launcher as Administrator, probably best if you set it permanently by right-clicking, "Properties", and going to the compatibility tab and checking "Run as Administrator" for windows.
That's all I've got, really. I think the key is restarting your computer, almost seems like a memory issue? IDK really, but if one of these did or didn't help you, please let us know :)
Taht isn't needed for this as there is a more simpler way to fix it by, https://piratesforums.co/threads/30-glitch-fix.18768/#post-265015

We just split our backend processes last night, and I haven't seen the hanging on 30% since then. Is anyone still encountering this issue?

We just split our backend processes last night, and I haven't seen the hanging on 30% since then. Is anyone still encountering this issue?
I just had this issue when loading however it only happens to me when i'm trying to join the more crowded servers.

I just had this issue when loading however it only happens to me when i'm trying to join the more crowded servers.
So it's less frequent now? If so, that's great to hear but it's not nearly as good as we want/need it to be.

So it's less frequent now? If so, that's great to hear but it's not nearly as good as we want/need it to be.
It has always been like that for me that it only occurs when I try to connect to more popular servers but you're right, it's less frequent now! It's getting better slowly but surely :)

The game isn't very playable (for me) at all. It takes 10 to 15 minutes just load each area of the game. It can get extremely frustrating especially when I have only three hours to play the game. Hopefully this will be fixed. I'm running this game on a 2016 MacBook Pro, I don't know if this is an issue related to MacOS or what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back