Discussion MEGATHREAD: TLOPO/POTCO Lore Discussion

Johnny Telltale

Notorious Pirate
Hey, everyone!

To start, those of us in the Storyline Team would like to extend a heartfelt thanks to everyone in the community for supporting our journey in crafting amazing and dynamic lore for TLOPO. We do this all for you guys, and can't thank you enough!

As time progresses, you can expect to see the lore for TLOPO grow to be rich and vibrant – and it all starts right here! The Storyline Team is hard at work crafting some brilliant stories for all you pirates, and we intend to share them over in the new section of the blog called Tavern Tales!

Tavern Tales will contain all kinds of new content written by the Storyline Team. From short stories, to longer narratives spanning multiple parts, and maybe even a few poems or songs! The purpose of it is to expand upon the lore in ways that the game can’t do alone, so expect to see some interesting things. In addition to this, you can expect to see brand new quests all throughout our beloved Caribbean in the future, meticulously tweaked to perfection.

That being said, it doesn't do much good if there's no place to chat about what this could all mean, so we're giving you just that! You can discuss everything about the POTCO/TLOPO lore here: From blog posts, to in-game events, quests, and dialogue... anything that you think is relevant to the lore!

While we may not be able to answer every question, and will most certainly not give spoilers to anything, we hope we'll be able to provide some clarity to any confusing bits of lore and will be actively checking this thread to see what you guys come up with! Who knows, we may even join in on your theories! We’re fans too, after all!

Without further ado, let's hear all about your fan theories, headcanons… anything you can think of! Share it all here, and please don't be afraid to ask questions!

Fair winds, pirates,

The Storyline Team @ TLOPO

Last edited by a moderator:
To start things off, what do you guys make of the latest post? https://tlopo.com/news/post/85/

Have heard some interesting theories so far! Also been seeing some rumors and theories float about regarding this post ;) https://tlopo.com/news/post/75/

Great idea..... I love this :high5:
I was just wondering! As this is all about Pirate Lore and posted in Tavern Tales.......... where is the distillery that makes all the Rum for our pirates????? or do we loot it from the Navy and EITC? Not sure when the Rum ration started for the British Navy (around 1650 I believe), but it would be a good tie in, because the best Rum ever comes from the Caribbean and was known as "Bumbo" to the pirates etc, and the British Navy love affair started because of the Privateers and pirates love of it.

Let me raise a glass (or 3) to our wonderful TLOPO teams. ;)

I've heard some things about new staves for the account of history part 2. I think these could be true.

I'm almost certain that the Pirate/Gypsy/Volcano refers to the Headstone, due to the fact that it refers to Padres and the solution hints to the headstone.
at evils gate the wind blows strong

At the risk of spoiling stuff, I will say that your "solution" is missing a letter somewhere. Others have gotten it right, I believe. ;)

At the risk of spoiling stuff, I will say that your "solution" is missing a letter somewhere. Others have gotten it right, I believe. ;)
O Lemme double check! I typed that by memory! I wasn't even sure if that was the correct wording lol ;)

Edit 1:Correction: the solution I posted was actually for Havoc On Hard Times. The Gypsy/Pirate/Volcano's solution is posted below.
There is a way to control the wind

Edit 2: Oh my god! I found the missing letter, but I haven't even seen anyone post this, only the one that I came up with before.
At devil's gate the wind blows strong
Thanks for the hint Johnny! ;)

Last edited:
Great idea..... I love this :high5:
I was just wondering! As this is all about Pirate Lore and posted in Tavern Tales.......... where is the distillery that makes all the Rum for our pirates????? or do we loot it from the Navy and EITC? Not sure when the Rum ration started for the British Navy (around 1650 I believe), but it would be a good tie in, because the best Rum ever comes from the Caribbean and was known as "Bumbo" to the pirates etc, and the British Navy love affair started because of the Privateers and pirates love of it.

Let me raise a glass (or 3) to our wonderful TLOPO teams. ;)

The fanart with your name on it is absolutely gorgeous. Just wanted that off of my chest :p

Just now I was in a thread by @Mathias about the code, and thought to myself, "what all is actually in the code".

What I found might shed light on the keeper of the code letters we've been reading.
-----------------------------------------------------
First the code referred to in all of potco is pirata codex written by Morgan and Bartholomew.

The keeper of the code is Captain Teague aka Jack Sparrow's father at one point Pirate Lord of Madagascar. Keeper of the code makes you "pirate king". Elizabeth also becomes pirate king.

His job? Ensure the Pirate Lord's keep to the code and enforce it in their designated corner of the earth.

Mates, I think we've got the brethren court shattered at our hands. Here's what I believe ties this all together. Alania is now the Tlopo keeper and pirate king, but it says in tales from the taverns. Her guild has been reduced to a fraction of their strength.

I think we've got to help the brethren court mates.

Back