Discussion MEGATHREAD: TLOPO/POTCO Lore Discussion

The newer quest given by Myrna begins to explain how the Hollowed Woods ended up as it has and why it's blocked off from the rest of the Caribbean most of the year.
I know why it is.
According to Seaslasher, Windshadow's interference and the excavation of the land destroyed a shrine built in the Watcher's name by the Natives of the Island of Port Royal. This enraged her, and she massacred the town in her wrath and took their memories as punishment.
When I talked about the mines being sealed off, I was referring to the location on the map marked with a "?" within the bounds of the town itself. It was referred to as a mining town before where the old citizens of Port Royal moved further inland after the Island Destructions due to not feeling safe rebuilding near the shores. That's the short version, anyway. The Watcher used to be rather affable until that loony came looking for power.

Edit: I remember how it ended up that way. I did the quest again just recently. However, I don't recall them mentioning the mines themselves.

Last edited:
Furthermore, I have to wonder how the wreck of Windshadow's ship got there. El Patron's ship make sense since he could sail it into that... for lack of a better term, ravine, but how did Windshadow get his there? Obviously he has the power to create Jumbees even though the process of doing so is never explained, but is his ship capable of teleporting like the Hawkaway is?

Jolly Roger actually hates bowties, but Amo Dorsi cursed him to eternally be forced to wear one as part of his punishment.
I was just joking, please don't attack me.

Furthermore, I have to wonder how the wreck of Windshadow's ship got there. El Patron's ship make sense since he could sail it into that... for lack of a better term, ravine, but how did Windshadow get his there? Obviously he has the power to create Jumbees even though the process of doing so is never explained, but is his ship capable of teleporting like the Hawkaway is?

That was explained in the Storms in Hollowed Woods quest. :)

That was explained in the Storms in Hollowed Woods quest. :)
The first line I managed to find that would indicate how he got there is "with voodoo, he managed to get into the Hollowed Woods."
That seems like a really big shrug at first glance, especially since such power has only ever been seen wielded by Jolly Roger so far. I don't know the exact limits of Voodoo, but that could be something as simple as terraforming a temporary river to sail on to simply teleporting the ship. Luckily, there's a second line. It's then said that he managed to use the storm sphere to fly, but I thought that the storm sphere was used to collect the Watcher's energy? Or was that wrong too? If that's the case, why is the Storm Sphere not a Legendary Sailing Item, but instead a Grenade?
Oh well. Time to add all of this to the wiki.

Last edited:
I woke up late, here's Lore Suggestion 6
Despite apparently being Conquistadors, El Patron and his crew do not wear armour because they recognised early on that the enemies they were up against wielded weapons and powers that would pierce whatever protective steel they wore. As a result, they decided to rely on speed and agility rather than hoping that their armour would save them.

I am late again, but here is Lore Suggestion 7
Neban and Remington do not use the extraordinary pistols they possess because they are just fine replicas, and are mostly for show. As such, the trigger mechanisms were removed. When acquired by pirates, they add the trigger mechanisms themselves, making them functional pistols.

All right. So I went through Gunner again recently so I decided to make a list of all the different types of RUM that he tasks us with collecting, in order. Here we go. Let me know if I got any wrong.
  • 1 bottle of Fish Rum.
  • 16 bottles of Light Rum.
  • 1 bottle of Dark Rum.
  • 16 bottles of Grog.
  • 3 bottles of Bone Rum.
  • 6 bottles of Ten Year Old Rum.
  • 6 bottles of Five Year Old Rum.
  • 4 bottles of EITC Rum.
  • 8 bottles of Navy Rum.
  • However many bottles of Light Rum and Dark Rum could be made from the majority of 12 boxes of empty bottles.
    • Let's assume each box contains 6 bottles.
    • 6 x 12 = 72.
    • We use 3 of those bottles to make the Skeleton, Singaporean, and Voodoo Rum.
    • 72 - 3 = 69.
    • 69 bottles of Light and Dark Rum.
  • 1 bottle of Skeleton Rum.
  • 1 bottle of Singaporean Rum.
  • 1 bottle of Voodoo Rum.
  • 1 bottle of 25 Year Old Rum.
  • 4 bottles of Cutler 100 Rum.
Total = 138 bottles of rum*
*69 bottles confirmed, 69 bottles speculated. What are the odds of that?
Not even half of what I needed to consume after finishing that quest chain. Good riddance.

I'm confused from the OP. This is storyline lore thread and they speak of quests.
These would be separate quests from the actual tlopo game quests correct? I'm thinking someone in the story tellers give a quest and you discuss it on the thread?
thx

Back