Event Memorial Sail in honor of Captain C-Ray -Sun 7/23/17 @7PM EST

I am sad to hear of Ray's (Ken's) passing.

I remember talking to him in depth about the game and it's future.

He also let me use 'his couch' as he liked to call it. He always had such a positive outlook.
I am not sure at that time if he was sick, and if he was, he never alluded to it.

His love for POTCO was apparent in everything he said and did.

Just goes to show that there are real people behind the Pirate,
and you may never know what all goes on in their real world.

Captain-C-Ray.gif~c200.gif

Oh gosh, I don't even know what to say. Captain C Ray held an alternate character, Captain Blood, in Partners N Crime back in POTCO. Unfortunately I was never close with him, but it was still apparent to me that he was a phenomenal pirate and a wonderful friend to all of us, and I'm disappointed to hear of his passing. My thoughts and condolences are with his friends and family during this time.

Real life permitting, I would be honored to join you all later this evening in celebrating his memory.

slight change for the memorial service starting in 15 minutes -- Eulogy will be on the beach then we will launch the boats (as you can't see the words on the boats). Also we still need someone to record.

View attachment 87709 View attachment 87708 View attachment 87707 So sad to here of Ray's passing :( Being a very private man he didn't share the illness he'd had with most, and what I found was that throughout his illness he was always so positive, even when under the strain of his treatment. I really thought and hoped he would beat it. :(

He did indeed run 'The Castle' along with Captain Whale and myself. We we're offered the Forum after our good friend Achilles stepped down. After POTCO finished Ray kept it going for a while after as a reference before winding it up completely. 'Peg Leg Pete' was the account and pirate used by the Lead Dev at the time (Vince) who also played Captain Walter :) Here's a few pics including Raymondo (Captain C Ray)
I wish I had my old pictures I was also a Founder :)

Captain C-Ray Eulogy

The King of the Castle

By DreadPoet Roberts

Oh Captain my Captain Cray

Your breathless race is won

Look now upon the horizon into the setting sun on this your last adventure

An uncommon man with common airs lands upon these shores

Arose to become King of this Castle

Acclaimed and beloved

For he treated everyone he knew

With Respect

In Friendship

As Equals

Yet inside he held a secret only a few knew well

The can and sir filled his waking days with dread

And knowing that his time was short

Desired to leave a better world

For all us assembled here

This is his beach

These are his grains of sand a Castle not lost to time

We are a living monument to his dedication

For he fought the mouse and reached an accord

To share

The blue green waters of the Caribbean

With all of us

In his benevolence Captain Cray created a home for our story tellers

A chapel in the Castle paid for with his founders coin

That our literary endeavors would thrive

As he himself withered from the can and sir within

Strength in silence

Calls Cray home

There were six of us on the frigate that day

that first day when our story tellers were born

Long long before the hunters

When our survival at sea relied upon the taut sheet of sail our tenacity and speed

A dreadnought broken free ravages the pirate fleet from Cuba to Padres

And us with aft aflame and port and starboard hull buckled and bleeding, limped onto this beach certain the next cannon broadside would be our last

We jumped in swimming, pulling ourselves deadly exhausted onto these sands

Bloody but alive

Poured a flagon of ale from his rum store

Cheering our escape

An escape that would be retold countless times at campfires around our world

Of buccaneer pits

Pig Roasts

For Captain Cray sat on a rock within our circle as the immortal words were uttered

“Give us a story worthy of your name” and when completed passed the rum he pilfered from the cache on a deserted island

The first of Skeleton rum from Davy Jones stash himself

Captain Cray in all his many disguises consorted with mouse princes

Though you would never know it

The King hidden by his common touch

You left as a better person than when you arrived

In gratitude we thank you Captain Cray

For gracing our lives

We pass you the last of the skeleton rum that your ferryman be quenched

When you meet Davy Jones face to face

As you yourself have quenched our thirst these many years

You are our Viking

The Vikings honored one of their own by taking the best ship –the King’s ship

And laying the king upon the deck with his weapons and gifts array before

Pushed the long boat out to sea

To be consumed by torch

For in that flame they are at once transported to the underworld

Their journey complete

As befits the Viking King you are we now commend your spirit to its final rest

For all pirates present pay homage to your king

The King of our Castle

Captain Cray

Ferry him home in chiefly repose and set his funeral pyre ablaze

May his journey be swift and the wind at his sails

May our flames light the way

We commend our friend Captain Cray to the deep

Pirates light your cannons

PIRATES TO YOUR BOATS.

(Programming note: This is as it was delivered at the Memorial service. TLOPO does not recognize C-Ray so we substituted Cray. Also the word 'cancer' shuts down your game session (who knew?) so we substituted 'Can and sir")

Sorry I was unable to attend :( Real life threw a few spanners in the works yesterday.

It was indeed a beautiful way to celebrate the life in death of a very special pirate. He was a great guy, never made a fuss. He will be sorely missed my many.

Ray was also a part of our guild 'Foofurs' in Guild Wars 2 and we have set a memory stone dedicated to him in our Guild Hall.

What you guys did is a fitting end to this great pirates journey. Huzzah!

fGnTrpo.png

5GBBhgJ.png

y1vqZqE.png

6YbEvL3.png

i81QUPm.png

In all honesty, I couldn't believe my eyes that night. Pirates of all kinds were coming to pay a very last tribute to C-Ray. Some didn't even know him personal but they took that moment off for him. I've been on many communities over the course of the years but none of them did what you have done. I'm sure that if Ray was watching, he would have been very proud of you.

May we carry his memories forever with the dignity and love he deserves.

Mark

Hello all!

I am almost done editing the video of C Ray's memorial. Pretty Polly gave me permission to use pics she had of C Ray that she posted here. I'm wondering however if anyone has any other pics of C Ray that I could possibly use. Please feel free to pm me with any pics you have that you think would work. I'm looking for something with a good angle of mostly him if not all him in the pic. It can be a pose (standing) with or w/o weapon, using an emote, or even fighting an enemy. I'm basically looking for a screenshot that would allow me to center on him, like a last glance of our friend as the video closes. If by chance anyone has a pic with his pirate card I would love to take a look.

Thanks!

Back