Glitch Memory Issue Casuing Crashes

LesPaulObsession

Wanted Pirate
Hey all! I've decided to quit posting this in the update threads, and dedicate this issue its own thread, and update it each update. So, here's the break down...

Beginning with game version 1.3.0 (the update that addressed the memory issue from audio), I noticed a significant increase in the crashes I had been experiencing, even with audio completely off. So I started watching memory to understand it a bit better. Prior to version 1.3.0 my game would boot up, and my memory usage would be right around 900MB, and after loading in, I'd be around 1200MB. From this point the game would slowly climb to right about 1500MB, and then dump the unused memory (like it's supposed to) and drop between 500 & 600MB, and would hover between 600 & 750MB. These numbers were gathered with all audio OFF.

Now...

AFTER 1.3.0 my game boots up at 1300MB, and after I load in, it's at 1500MB. This wouldn't be an issue, if the game was dumping memory like it had been. It's not. It reaches 1500MB and continues to climb, until it hits ~1700MB, which is when my game crashes. So, why is this an issue? For me loading an interior cell (shops, houses, bars, etc.) it takes around 70MB to load. But an island takes almost 200MB, and open sea is even more. This means, I'm virtually restricted to wherever I spawn after loading the game, because if I try to teleport somewhere, or sail, or work on quests, my game crashes quick, because it isn't dumping any unused memory as it should. I can't test any of the new fixes and additions, if the game crashes 10 minutes after loading in. This thread was started after version 1.3.4 released, and I will update after each patch, on whether the issue is continuing or not.

1.3.0 - Issues begin
1.3.1 - Issues persist
1.3.2 - Issues persist
1.3.3 - Issues persist
1.3.4 - Issues persist
1.3.5 - Issues persist
1.3.6 - Issues persist
1.3.7 - Issues persist
1.3.8 - Issues persist
1.4.0 - Memory dumps properly
1.4.1 - Memory dumps properly
1.4.2 - Memory dumps, but only sometimes

Last edited:
Posting to bump, this needs to be seen. Just got kicked after 5 minutes of gameplay, after entering combat. This happens EVERY TIME. It's starting to wear thin, and the game is losing its appeal. Hopefully they listen, and look into it

I would suggest to try the low(est) settings due to the memory limitations and game optimization. You can work your way up from there. All the fancy settings not checked while fps, vsynch checked. I had to do the same thing and the game boots up at around 700-800 MB this game patch. Needless to say that it doesn't look as good but you stay longer in the game, until the game is optimized and the memory limitation addressed.

Last edited:
I've tried lower settings, and still crashes pretty quickly, and it looks too painfully bad to sacrifice it for an extra 20 minutes of gameplay. Also, I run with v-sync off, because, if it's on, it caps my frames at 10 fps, and if it's off, I run at a solid, unwavering 60 fps. Not sure why that happens

I've tried lower settings, and still crashes pretty quickly, and it looks too painfully bad to sacrifice it for an extra 20 minutes of gameplay. Also, I run with v-sync off, because, if it's on, it caps my frames at 10 fps, and if it's off, I run at a solid, unwavering 60 fps. Not sure why that happens

Actually, I tried that too. When I mess with settings at all outside of the default settings (After clearing the cache or a fresh download) I had much greater tendency to crash. With default settings I would more consistently load into an island (which is a massive improvement comparatively) but I would still crashing in maybe a minute or two afterwards by doing nothing. I'm not even getting game play the way that you claim an "extra 20 minutes," xD I wish I could get any at all. At least for myself, when I have V-sync on its a constant 50 fps; however, when I turn V-sync off I get around 110 fps in the character menu and roughly 80 fps anywhere else in the game. Major exceptions to large raids/parties/darkhart etc.

With earlier testing of 1.3.8 I had more normal tendencies with memory, loaded in the game at 1300MB, 200 less than it has been lately, but I was only on for 15 minutes, before I had to leave. About to do heavier testing to see if memory is dumping again.

Nope, issues continue. I'm going to attempt to run in compatibility mode for Windows 7, as I've heard rumors of that being a possible fix, will update soon

Last edited:
I used to keep TLOPO at around the 1100-1400 mark on memory before I left for my trip (like 5 or 6 updates ago).

Coming back it's at like 1700 immediately, and I crash whenever I try to accomplish anything.

Wish I could just let TLOPO use my 16gb of RAM, darn it.

Back