Guide Misha's Guide to the Hollowed Woods [OUTDATED]

Did this Guide help you or teach you something new?

• Total voters

Misha

Site Founder
THIS THREAD IS OUTDATED, PLEASE CHECK OUT THE UP-TO-DATE VERSION HERE

d8ec9ecb43b92ef21a27d7cc6143a5c5.png

Ahoy, folks! Welcome to my guide on the Hollowed Woods Halloween Event and Area.
Opening Days:
October 31st, 2017
October 31st, 2018
October 1st, 2019
May 17th, 2020 (COVID-19 Quarantine)

Finding Hollowed Woods

Your journey begins on Port Royal, the first island you visit when you enter the Caribbean. First of all, you need to go to Anne Goldsilver marked by the
bf7dd20819df14d71a601c79ca9c476a.png
Symbol on the map below to pick up the Quest, "A Haunting in Hollowed Woods".

NOTE: Due to a later step requiring Ghastly Visage, your potions must be a minimum of Level 5.

After accepting the quest from Anne, take a left into the Port Royal Graveyard and enter the tree tunnel on the Western end to King's Run, which is marked by the
017b1353e78d57fb829544fb40bd407a.png
icon on the map below.
6829a1ac61dd28fce3f1c20a82e731d5.png

Once you've entered King's Run, continue through until you reach the river that cuts through the center of the jungle. On the right side of the hill encompassing the waterfall is a ramp upward, with an entrance on the right side of the hill's summit leading into Hollowed Woods.
d25cfae1493fad8d9b601bd4bf0801ed.png

The Area: Hollowed Woods

3631684afbf05c941fada6d1f1e3a956.png

Hollowed Woods is a large area encompassed with un-remorseful thickets of jungle. The event area includes 3 vendors, one for clothing, weapons, and tattoos respectively, as well as 3 (with a fourth to come...) bosses!

457c5abc5b2123d7d138690d4e52645a.png

Hollowed Woods, being disconnected from civilization for presumably hundreds of years does not deal in simple gold coin like us pirates. Instead, the residents of Hollowed Woods (and by extension, us players) are forced to do business in the only currency they seem to understand— Bones.

1570242035404.png

NOTE: Your bones can be found in your Material Pouch by pressing I and going down to the materials icon.

Small Bones, the furthest to the left, can be found of quantities of up to 20 bones per Loot Pouch.

Large Bones is a bit more uncommon to find, but can also be found in Loot Chests with a quantity of up to 15 per drop.

Haunted Bones are without a doubt the rarest material, and are typically only found in Loot Skulls Chests. The maximum quantity of Haunted Bones per container 5.

Hollowed Woods: Vendors

abee3a65953bad2aa19db93221aa6c4a.png

The first of the three available vendor shops as shown on the map above, is the Hollowed Woods tailor shop AKA the Decrepit Shop. In the building which holds a striking similarity to Senor Fantifico's mansion on Raven's Cove, Johnathan Fairbanks will deal and reason for the ancient fashion at his disposal.

ec13c66b5fda3539a015aee476e2336d.png

You'd be forgiven for thinking that the weapons vendor looks an awful lot like a gypsy. No, no really. I'm not trolling you! Upon walking up to the Gypsy Cart on the left embankment of the hill, it looks as you'd expect with a gypsy out front and all. However, upon walking up to the cart itself, you may enter inside!

On the interior, there is a potions mortar and pestle ready for players to use, as well as the vendor herself here to bring all of the spooky armaments necessary, April May.

3e577c75c941cbf8706506daf8993dc3.png

Last, but definitely not least, is the Hollowed Woods tattoo parlor! Inside you will find the vendor Adam Goodprice willing to give you a couple mark-ups for some of their currency! The Hollowed Woods tattoo parlor has in stock many previously unreleased scars and tattoos found in POTCO, including the tattoo and sleeve that resides to the previously implemented Call of the Kraken minigame.

Hollowed Woods: Bosses

3854fb728abdf5c20f21ae981fe41934.png

The first boss of the three is known as Bobby Bone Hoarder. Bobby is an Undead Skeleton boss and is the lowest level of the three bosses, spawning in at Level 15 with 6,250 HP. He can be found in the Graveyard area to the Eastern end of Hollowed Woods.
Bobby, unlike the next entries on our list, does not drop a Legendary weapon.

464304dd9a8b1ea2478c6b8342f1be94.png

The next boss that we're going to be taking a look at is Dry Rot. Dry Rot is a Lv. 30 Stump bosses with 27,500 HP. This boss can found camping in the thicket of Hollowed Woods, spawning between four colossal trees just south of the graveyard that houses Bobby Bone Hoarder. As well, Dry Rot has since become known for dropping something he holds very dear to himself, quite literally, the Devil's Claw, a Legendary Cutlass.

1e337eb340c393514434bff8897f1cea.png

The Watcher is a Lv. 45 phantom boss who sits at an enormous 85,000 HP. Located in her own building nicknamed The Watcher's Hovel, you can find this building just East of the waterfall that forms the river which cuts the Hollowed Woods area in half. Like the spirits of Raven's Cove, Watcher is considered a living opponents when choosing ammunition, so Steel Shot will be most effective.

When The Watcher was updated in Hollowed Woods 2018, she was brought in post-update to include THREE Legendary weapons, each going by separate names: The Soulweaver, Soul's Shadow, and Dark Whisper.

Thank you for reading! If you enjoyed or found the information here to be helpful, please vote "Aye!" via the Poll above this post!

EDITS
v1.01 - Revised the images to be cleaner and more informative.
v1.02 - Revised certain paragraphs to be more "to-the-point".
v1.03 - Guide has been updated with a poll to show community opinion!
v1.04 - Guide has been updated to include photos of the four new legendary weapons!
v2.0 - Graphics and text has been updated to be more fluent, more appealing, and easily understandable!
v2.1 - Updated images of Bones to be higher quality.​

Last edited:
Hallowed Woods is an enjoyable quest & the hunt for bones gives us a renewed purpose for a bit. It's just the beginning of the fun Holiday season coming up, looking forward to it very much!! You did a great job Misha!!!

Ahoy, folks! Welcome to my guide on the Hollowed Woods Halloween Event, beginning on October 31st!

4dd7eb8e099500281086a0d8a5f97fa2.jpg

NOTE:
If you are interested in doing the Questline alongside exploration, it is recommended as the end reward is a x2 EXP Boost!

(Do be warned, You need to be at least Potions 5 and it would be recommended to be Lv. 10 or above to start the quest!)

Where To Go

After you've finished grabbing the quest from Anne Goldsilver, take a left from her and head down to King's Run, which is the tree tunnel down in the Graveyard.
57c8b69ab677b8a29b4a070489379cfd.png

Once you've entered King's Run you're going to keep heading forward until you reach the waterfall. On the right side of the waterfall, there will be a tunnel that has been mysteriously opened for the players to enter. It's location here:
02b0b037623bdecd52d55dcfa46d1604.png

Once you've entered the area, you may begin the questline for the Hallowed Woods. However, there are a few more things to note.

The Hallowed Woods carries 3 bosses of individual strength that can only be found here, as well as a returning species of enemy known as "Jumbee", which was originally found on the Queen Anne's Revenge. The Jumbee look like undead pirates found in the PvP Setting, as well as the Muertos Moon.

Area Bosses

The first boss of the three is known as Bobby Bone Hoarder. Bobby is an undead skeleton as we are used to, and is the lowest level of the three bosses, spawning in at Level 15 with 6,250 HP.

710f10aeb1b04c7bc1280bf5997fc981.png

He can be found in the Graveyard area all the way in the back of the Hallowed Woods.

The next enemy/s that we're going to be taking a look at, is the Dry Rot. Dry Rots are Lv 30 Stump bosses with 27,500 HP.
On occasion, (most likely due to a glitch), you can find two of them spawned, staring at each other.
3b560944851ca93da3e45126886d4c2c.png

This monstrosity spawns behind the Graveyard, in between 4 very large trees.

fcbad280c09fc116bb09d9d4083e660f.png

This building is located at the top of the hill, on the right side of the waterfall.

Inside this building, precariously named The Watcher's Hovel, you will come face-to-face with what I would call the most terrifyingly ghoulish part of this entire area.
73d4d10cb653db83f61e87555258c313.png

The Watcher is a Level 45 phantom boss, who is simply a pair of floating red eyes at first glance. This terrifying specter sits at an enormous 85,000 HP. Not only is that bad enough, but players with their sounds on in-game get to experience a terrifying looping sequence of whispers as you stand, mortified and shrouded in terror, or are faced to get near the creature.

Loot
Finally, for the primary part of the update that many have been waiting for. The Loot. First of all, Items in the Hallowed Woods area are not bought with an everyday gold coin... it's bone for bone here in these remote parts, and thus the currency is, well, Bones.
db0bc17cb5e930afdcb0bdf6abd0a8da.png

(Your bones can be found in your Material Pouch by pressing I and going down to the materials icon.)

Small Bone, the icon on the left can be found from Loot Pouch drops and can be found of quantities of up to 20 in a single pouch. These can be found in higher quality drops, at a lower rate.

Large Bone is a bit more uncommon to find, but can also be found in Loot Pouches and up, with a quantity of up to 15 per drop.

Haunted Bones are without a doubt the rarest material, and are typically only found in Loot Skull and Standard Chests. Up to this point, the most a player has found in a single container to my knowledge is 5.

Vendor Locations

In the Hallowed Woods, there are 3 Vendor Locations, which in my opinion were very well done in comparison to locations that are already present in the game.
The 1st vendor location will be for Clothing, which there are quite a bit of.
The building you will be looking for:
d839838d8b7e03469dbf69d7f8f4419d.png

Upon entering the building, you will pass the Undead Poker Table and head upstairs, to see the handsome Gentlemen Jonathan Fairbanks happy to serve your clothing needs.
f325c32cc59424020ef802ba642920bb.png

The 2nd vendor location we will be taking a look at is for some of the unique tattoos that can be obtained through the event!
The Building you will be looking for:
15bcb7a5f412d34061a00171814c4387.png

Inside this building, you will find that it is indeed a haunting residence who've resided inside this tree.
Here, Adam Goodprice will be your Monster of Ceremonies, and his accomplice Sally Gold will give you a ghastly welcome!
67c83d525052e73b05ed129ca9f13487.png

The Final of the three locations is especially unique. I bet you've been noticing the Gypsy/Potions Icon in my F8 Map everytime I've brought it up, well this isn't any ordinary Gypsy.
84986137e22142154860eb3d3ff408ca.png

Myrna The Gypsy may not look like much, but this phantom voodoo mixer is more than meets the eye.
Unlike most Gypsies in the game, Myrna's cart has some nice carrying capacity, enough for a potions table and a friend at least!
Upon walking up to the front of the cart, you will be prompted to enter the cabin inside!
Sure enough, inside the cart you will find Miss April May and a set-up potions stand for the player to use.
Miss April will be your Weapons Vendor for this event, and she has some very spooky weapons that would be a pleasure to pick up.

Thank you for reading my guide! If you enjoyed, please vote this up so we can help the community out!
(I will edit the guide as new things are introduced or found out, so please feel free to leave feedback on any discoveries you make.)
((Also, apologies for the low quality images. My computer is running updates so I used the family PC to get this guide out ASAP!))​
Impressive.

This is a great guide for The Hollowed Woods. Some excellent graphics as well.

I'm hoping some mates here can help with the Pirates Online Wiki. There are items offered in Jonathan Fairbanks tailor shop that are unique to him. But, unlike other tailors you cannot see the item cards until after you make a purchase.

This means that getting screenshots of item cards would entail buying them ALL. But, if members have purchased any of his items and can supply images - it would be very helpful.

Just highlight the object in your inventory and the card should appear. Feel free to DM me your pics.

Caribbean Night Capris.jpg

BUMP, v2.0 has released with new graphics, more streamlined information, and many more wiki links.

ALSO, please read @ElizaCreststeel's post above and include clothing items from Hollowed Woods either as a PM to her directly, or as a reply to this post. Thanks folks!

Back