Guide Misha's Guide to the Potion Grind

Discussion in 'TLOPO Guides and Tips' started by Misha, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Misha

Misha Honorable Pirate

Good morning ladies and gents, Misha back again with a guide on potions in The Legends of Pirates Online.
    Potions in TLOPO are widely regarded as the utmost frustrating and tedious of all skills to master, and well, you'd be right, but here's a guide to hopefully make one of your final grinds simpler at the very least.

So first off, I want to talk with a couple terms I'll be referring to that'll really affect what potions you'll be making in order to level up.

First! Avoid "Multi-colours". Only do potions that use Alligator, Crab and Scorpion souls in them, thereby avoiding the confusion of adding more colors to potionmaking.

Second! I'll be referring to a term called "Board Rule" to explain how you want to play the pieces on your board to avoid overcrowding.

Here we go! So first, let me iterate more on Board Rule, and what I'm actually talking about. Board Rule is the placement of the tiles on the board to better organize and avoid losing due to an overcrowded mess. The order of the board on the Red-Blue-Green Set of potions such as Swift Foot are as follows.
    3 Red, 2 Blue, 2 Green, 1 Red
    [​IMG]
    So essentially, the board right now is setup so all pieces can be dropped in a certain spot and still be in their own tile space. Follow the image above if what I've said thus far is confusing.

So here's the pattern of potions you want to do in order to level up the most efficiently in potionmaking.

Level 1: Marksman Draught I
    Level 2: Cannoneer Draft I
    Level 3: Swift Foot I
    Level 4: Swift Foot I
    Level 5: Lively Bucko Brew I
    Level 6: Marksman Draught II or Swashbuckler Stew II
    Level 7: Cannoneer Draft II
    Level 8-12: Swift Foot II
    Level 13-19: Swift Foot III
    Mastered!

Just remember, have something else to do like talking to friends or watching a show whilst doing potions, the grind gets much easier and goes alot faster over time as long as you don't stare intently into the screen. All these potions can be brewed from Port Royal, so there's no need to rotate islands when you've leveled up for a new potion.

I hope this updated potion guide helps you all out, and enjoy maxing! Don't rush it, you'll have it done in no time!

2. Wehttamwulf

Wehttamwulf Honorable Pirate

I find it is easier when using those three ingredients (as mentioned above) to use a system where they line up in in the middle six spaces something like this (where G=green, B=blue, R=red): RGGBBRRG (or RBBGGRRB or BGGRRBBG or the reverse of any of these). It doesn't seem to matter which you use as long as the final product has three colors of the same difficulty/level.
    Example using this scheme: RGGBBRRG. The double colors go above the double letters. The RG can be place on whichever end it is needed. The GB and BR on top between the doubled letters.

Most importantly, and I am always surprised when someone does not know this, remember you can flip the two colored pieces 180 degrees!!! Once you have completed one color of the final product you can use the former spaces as fill if needed.

Now if I needed the green to be a higher level/difficulty in the final product I could use this instead: BRRGGGBBR.

Hope this helps as well.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    Misha likes this.
  3. Misha

Misha Honorable Pirate

Thanks for your addition, this was definitely welcome and will help me as well on my grind as well as other players. Thanks again!

4. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Wanted Pirate

Nicely stated, I will use this since I am level 8 and dont really care for potions, never use the buff ones only the fart/burp/color change ones

Misha likes this.
  5. Misha

Misha Honorable Pirate

Whatever floats your boat man, hope this helps you out!

Pharaoh likes this.
  6. Fiona Maclean

Fiona Maclean Swashbuckler

I just found this post yesterday and I cannot thank you enough! You have saved my sanity in regards to making potions. I tried your method and now leveling is flying by! I despise making potions, so the sooner I can finish the better, LOL. Thanks!:D

Misha likes this.
  7. Misha

Misha Honorable Pirate

I'm glad it helps! It's a pain, but we'll all get through it on our time! Keep going, you've got this. Cheers!

Fiona Maclean likes this.
  8. Mathias

Mathias Wanted Pirate

Only issue is recommending only swiftfoot 3 from levels 13 to 19. Hardy Matey 2 and Hardy Matey 1 can be made with the exact same strat in the exact same amount of time. Hardy Matey 2 also gives approximately 230 points every time. Swift Foot 3 may be easier to make, but it also doesn't give as much rep.

Misha likes this.
  9. Misha

Misha Honorable Pirate

A very late response indeed, but that is a good point. I haven't personally messed with Hardy Matey, although I'll pop in game to look at any adjustments I can make to this guide now. Thanks!

10. Mathias

Mathias Wanted Pirate

The strat for hardy matey is the same as any other potion that only needs a single ingredient type, such as Lively Bucko, build up two towers with exactly one empty column separating them, and then drop the base ingredients into the empty slot. Depending on if you need essences, gems, or even souls, as is the case with Staff Enchant 2, the required height does vary. A good setup for this sort of stuff can be found here:
    View: https://youtu.be/9y9q1HJ8fSs

Just replace the crab parts with whatever you need.

Misha likes this.
  11. Misha

Misha Honorable Pirate

Thanks again! This is good information. When I get around to revamping my guides for this year of TLOPO, I'll get this tidbit of info in. Looks good!

12. Isaac

Isaac Wanted Pirate

Im confused what about purple where do I put them

13. Isaac

Isaac Wanted Pirate

Omg i can swap them by right clicking *facepalm*

14. Squidgallows

Squidgallows Honorable Pirate

Good guide. I would simply just reccomend going to Port Royal and grinding Swift Foot.

ThunderStorms likes this.