Guide Misha's Guide to the Winter Festival

Did this Guide teach you about the event?

• Total voters

Misha

Site Founder
Greetings Ladies and Gentleman, and welcome to my guide to TLOPO's Winter Festival!
2018: December 24th - January 31st
2019: December 4th - January 4th

1577035535124.png

About the Event

TLOPO's Winter Festival, unlike it's brother Hollowed Woods, features a single building to serve as the event location. During the extents of this event's time in-game, you will be able to collect new weapons, and trade in your plunders for even better items!

Where to Go

28a36595eb6f9c8d4c70ecef6f8c269d.png

Once a decrepit rat's nest on the outskirts of Tortuga, this luscious manor has transformed quite magically into the winter spirit!

aa93175fffca707f5bc0f6c50555c2bc.png

The Materials, err.. Currency of the Winter Festival here in TLOPO are quite marvelous, actually! Found in the Material Pouch in your personal chest (I Key), the currency for the celebrations are quite fitting for that of a celestial body, being Moonstones!

Moonstones can be looted from enemies that are apart of the following factions:
East India Co, Navy, Undead, & Davy Jones' Crew.

Moonstones CANNOT be looted from..:
Sailing or Animal Enemies

8f6ab7bcf9a744d4e382e0a8c3597f78.png

Moonstones come in three designated variations that can be found in Loot.
Small Moonstones - Found in Loot Pouches, anywhere between 1 - 20 per pouch.
Large Moonstones - Found in Loot Chests, between 1 - 15 per chest.
Enchanted Moonstones - Found in Loot Skull Chests, between 1 - 5 per skull.

1d2301e7d3a5046c0db738b33d0d50f2.png

Though the weather outside is frightful, Inside the doors of the Yuletide Manor lives the residents of the Frost family! Our vendor for the sweetest of celebrations is Lil' Old Grandma, Miss Holly Frost!

What the event lacks in celebratory clothing, it has more than made up for in a plethora of frosty weaponry to keep us pirates slick as ice in combat!

efd646a1b6790de63434b6e5500882bc.png

(For this section, I will be using the first letter of each type of Moonstone to indicate it's price. If a weapon's price is indicated by Looted, that means that it can be found in Loot from any enemy that is not The Watcher or Dry Rot.)

Swords

1577035127416.png

Arctic Cutlass - S: 750, L: 250, E: 25
Frostedge Broadsword - Looted
Ice Shard - Looted
Silver Striker - L: 350 & E: 1,200 OR Looted
Arctic Mint Candy Cane Sabre - S: 600, L: 150, E: 5
Sugarplum Candy Cane Sabre - S: 800, L: 250, E: 15
Orange Cream Candy Cane Sabre - S: 1,000, L: 300, E: 30

Guns
1577034910929.png

Arctic Blast - S: 350, L: 250, E: 10
Frostedge Blunderbuss - Looted
Frostedge Musket - Looted

Arctic Repeater Pistol - Looted
Frostedge Repeater Pistol - Looted

Dolls
383776c226f044e745df17a7430d3db9.jpg

Gingerbread Doll - S: 550, L: 350
Elf Doll - L: 450, E: 2
Santa Doll - E: 20
Yeti Doll - Looted

Daggers
c5585f3c37ed6889523beb7660535aa1.png

Arctic Throwing Knives - S: 350, L: 250, E: 10
Evergreen Dagger - S: 350, L: 250, E: 10

Grenades
3c21d715509e23ed57cfd630f432ab54.png

Peppermint Candy Grenade - (2018) Code: Peppermint
Red Ornament Grenade - Looted
Green Ornament Grenade - Looted
Moonstone Grenade - Looted

Staves
7312e5a10318fa5768d4b5f87fd3e746.png

Candy Cane Staff - S: 600, L: 400
Staff of Ice - E: 30
Frostedge Staff - Looted

Summary

All-in-all, I believe that the Winter Festival is a marvelous addition to the year-round activities that we as Beta players get to test and add to!

Notes
v1.00 - Guide created, placeholders made for FEMusket until it's found again.
v1.01 - Updated Pistols to include Statcard for the Frostedge Musket. Courtesy of @Maus!
v1.02 - Updated to include Yeti Doll, found by User @theWizter!
v1.03 - Annual update to include new weapons, and to update the livery a bit.

Last edited:
What's the best way to get Moonstones?

If you're a lower level pirate, simply just grinding out levels as you go will sport a huge number of small stones, and an alright number of large ones

However, at Level 50, the general consensus seems to be that Drench and Drizzle, plus bringing Palifico down seems to be the most efficient way to get all sorts of stones.

Disappointed that the Frostedge Staff is lootable. To my knowledge it's the first and only lootable staff above the rank of common, I wish the developer's had stayed with the theme of such staves only being purchasable or winnable by quest. I'm also not super thrilled about cursed ice and dark curse being available on weapons that are not cursed.

Disappointed that the Frostedge Staff is lootable. To my knowledge it's the first and only lootable staff above the rank of common, I wish the developer's had stayed with the theme of such staves only being purchasable or winnable by quest. I'm also not super thrilled about cursed ice and dark curse being available on weapons that are not cursed.

I don't see a problem with it being lootable, as it's only around for two months a year. Personally, I like seeing change and different variants of weapons available in different ways. Granted, it would be cool to see some other types of Lootable staves that aren't event specific, but we'll see.

However, with Cursed Ice, I don't see this as a problem. It follows the theme of the weapons, and all the weapons that have it are Famed, so they aren't easy to get. Secondarily, these aren't the first non-cursed Weapons to have Cursed Ice. If you recall, the Red Candy Cane Sabre, available both last and this year, have access to it. It was the first of it's kind, but the new weapons use it very well, and I love that abilities are gaining variety from just a set number of weapons.

I disagree with this. It makes no sense to lock staves to events and the like. If anything, I'm hoping to see more lootable staves and grenades now that this update kinda broke the ice on it.

I disagree with this. It makes no sense to lock staves to events and the like. If anything, I'm hoping to see more lootable staves and grenades now that this update kinda broke the ice on it.
I liked the tradition of good staves being only available by purchase or by quest and am disappointed to see it broken. With nades there was no tradition, so; however the developers choose to make them available is fine with me.

I don't see a problem with it being lootable, as it's only around for two months a year. Personally, I like seeing change and different variants of weapons available in different ways. Granted, it would be cool to see some other types of Lootable staves that aren't event specific, but we'll see.

However, with Cursed Ice, I don't see this as a problem. It follows the theme of the weapons, and all the weapons that have it are Famed, so they aren't easy to get. Secondarily, these aren't the first non-cursed Weapons to have Cursed Ice. If you recall, the Red Candy Cane Sabre, available both last and this year, have access to it. It was the first of it's kind, but the new weapons use it very well, and I love that abilities are gaining variety from just a set number of weapons.
With the staves it was a tradition that I'm sad to see broken. With cursed ice and dark curse the terms cursed and curse just make them seem to be obviously properties of cursed weapons; I wasn't happy about it with the weak weapons from last year and I'm even less happy about the new and more powerful weapons having cursed properties.

With the staves it was a tradition that I'm sad to see broken. With cursed ice and dark curse the terms cursed and curse just make them seem to be obviously properties of cursed weapons; I wasn't happy about it with the weak weapons from last year and I'm even less happy about the new and more powerful weapons having cursed properties.

Which, fortunately or unfortunately is the way of game progression, friend. I know there are some things I dread to see on any weapons beside what they are presently on, although I know it's bound to be time for another weapon to gain it's ability.

Back