Glitch  More a tech problem than bug or glitch:

ukebec

Wanted Pirate
I've gotten this Microsoft C++ runtime error message 5 times in 2 days that has booted me each time:

potco runtime error screen 1.jpg

potco runtime error screen 2.jpg

Multiple servers, different locations in game and different activities, and 2 different characters, one I just created this morning.

I've sent in "bug" reports on each one. It didn't occur to me until after their hours to try live tech chat.

Does anyone here have any ideas? The last 2 days are the first this particular problem has ever happened to me. I haven't installed any new soft- or hardware.

Thanks!

I have been getting run time errors as well and they have booted me each time. I don't know if it's because im using the internet browser or what, but it's really annoying me. :\ I think i get about 5 - 10 run time errors each day. The weird thing is it's not when im just sitting there on an island it's when im almost done loading to go somewhere or getting on a different pirate just about to see my screen.

This usually happens when your CPU or RAM reach 100% and your computer can't take any more so it crashes POTCO. You can prevent this from happening by closing programs in the background and just keeping POTCO open. This also happens in places like SvS where your computer needs to process large amounts of data and it sometimes can't catch up with the game, crashing your game.

This usually happens when your CPU or RAM reach 100% and your computer can't take any more so it crashes POTCO. You can prevent this from happening by closing programs in the background and just keeping POTCO open. This also happens in places like SvS where your computer needs to process large amounts of data and it sometimes can't catch up with the game, crashing your game.

Oh... lol Then that kinda explains it cause i have like 5 windows open at the same time POTCO is up.... I'll try closing them and see if i still get run time errors.

That's one of the reason I do not like to use website launcher to run Potco. Runtime Error, lag and slow download are the reasons. With desktop launcher I never have that problem (if there is lag, that's because the server I am on is very crowded, such as invasion). I'd be annoyed if we ever lose the desktop launcher in the future, and have to deal with those Runtime Error and any other problem with the website launcher ...

P.S.: Did you even use website to launch Potco, Ukebec?

That's one of the reason I do not like to use website launcher to run Potco. Runtime Error, lag and slow download are the reasons. With desktop launcher I never have that problem (if there is lag, that's because the server I am on is very crowded, such as invasion). I'd be annoyed if we ever lose the desktop launcher in the future, and have to deal with those Runtime Error and any other problem with the website launcher ...

P.S.: Did you even use website to launch Potco, Ukebec?

I had the desktop launcher and i didn't get run tiem errors but then the desktop launcher stopped working for basic members. So im stuck with the internet browser till i get unlimited back.

Oh... lol Then that kinda explains it cause i have like 5 windows open at the same time POTCO is up.... I'll try closing them and see if i still get run time errors.

UGH All backround programs closed and still run time error... I don't know what's up....

I only had it twice. Mostly because I had to the computer do something high in RAM (Random Access Memory) with potco running as well.

That is the BEST answer that I EVER heard from someone about this problem. Infinite times better then what the untrained, no degree people in Live Chat Tech Support!! Thank you!

I would try 'Live Tech Chat'. Even thought I highly doubt they could help you. ;) They might get Potco & Toontown mixed up again. :lol1: But it wouldn't hurt to try. Maybe they have a 'Solution'.

I will tell you from my experiences that it is not the Launchers, browsers nor your PCs fault for Runtime Error. I have gotten at least 2 runtime errors each time i have played for the past year in browser/launcher. I am running on a quad core in which only 25 % of CPU is being used for pirates online, 2 % for internet and other things and 73 % just sitting there so it is not the computers fault. Form my experience, you get this after playing a certain amount of time...Hopefully they will be fixed it but the way they work, ii's gonna take a while

Thank you Leo. That's kind of what I suspected. Each time it's happened it's occurred right around the 4 hour mark for being in game.

Thank you Leo. That's kind of what I suspected. Each time it's happened it's occurred right around the 4 hour mark for being in game.
Aye, I also noticed that it depends on what your doing. If you are in a activity that has a lot of lag it might happen earlier than doing something on a empty server. If you are afk all day than you might not even get runtime error at all(my friend stayed on afk for 48 hours+).

Back