Idea More pirate-like grenades

Bort Greasegorb

Pirate Lord
While I'm happy that we finally have new kinds of grenades, I feel like the only new grenades that really fit with Pirates Online are the Moonstone Grenades. Otherwise, we have snowballs, pumpkins, ornaments and now hearts, all of which I feel would fit more in Toontown than this game. While I understand these are just novelty giveaways, I'd like to propose more piratey grenades which could be looted year-round. Here are two ideas I've devised:
  • Coconut Grenades: While I'm aware these are similar to the pumpkin grenades, the Caribbean is a tropical climate. It would make sense if pirates hollowed out the inside of the coconuts that grow there and filled them with explosives. I'd imagine this being a rare item.
  • Dynamite: I'm even more confident with this idea now that the heart-shaped grenade broke the mold of spherical grenades. To make things even more efficient, the model for this weapon could be taken from the powder keg used in invasions. I'd imagine this weapon being famed, likely having boosts to either siege charge or demolitions.

yes please
heartnades.png

While I'm happy that we finally have new kinds of grenades, I feel like the only new grenades that really fit with Pirates Online are the Moonstone Grenades. Otherwise, we have snowballs, pumpkins, ornaments and now hearts, all of which I feel would fit more in Toontown than this game. While I understand these are just novelty giveaways, I'd like to propose more piratey grenades which could be looted year-round. Here are two ideas I've devised:
  • Coconut Grenades: While I'm aware these are similar to the pumpkin grenades, the Caribbean is a tropical climate. It would make sense if pirates hollowed out the inside of the coconuts that grow there and filled them with explosives. I'd imagine this being a rare item.
  • Dynamite: I'm even more confident with this idea now that the heart-shaped grenade broke the mold of spherical grenades. To make things even more efficient, the model for this weapon could be taken from the powder keg used in invasions. I'd imagine this weapon being famed, likely having boosts to either siege charge or demolitions.
Id also love for grenades to have actual differences between them whether it be different looking explosions for normal skills, or even entirely new special skills. There could be variations to them and the animations between them similar to guns and daggers and knives. I do know the devs are volunteers and don't have a lot of time, but i'd rather have a lack of new content than this. The devs could really get creative with this kind of stuff. First we get a white grenade, then a pumpkin grenade, then a red grenade, then a green grenade, then a blue grenade, AND THEN finally a heart-shaped grenade and the only difference between all of them being a couple points of damage and a random skill bonus underneath.

Last edited:
Ye be one grenade short mate.

View attachment 113279

Can't comment on the Valentines Grenade since i haven't started the quest yet. I do like the idea of Coconut and Dynamite grenades though.
Oh yeah I forgot about those.
Wow 4 different grenades all last December. A bit excessive though I think.

I'm not really a fan of grenades being, or turning into, such a novelty item.
We really don't need balls of snow, fruits(?), mints, giant meatballs, or gargantuan kidney beans as weapons in the game in my honest opinion

Oh yeah I forgot about those.
Wow 4 different grenades all last December. A bit excessive though I think.

I'm not really a fan of grenades being, or turning into, such a novelty item.
We really don't need balls of snow, fruits(?), mints, giant meatballs, or gargantuan kidney beans as weapons in the game in my honest opinion
I don't see any problem with new cosmetic variations, it adds more unique content to the game I wouldn't complain lol. Only thing is, I'd prefer these items to have to be looted or gained through a quest other than simply given away from a code all the time

As much as I like and hope to see more holiday type grenades, it definitely would be nice to have some be more piratey looking. I like the coconut grenade idea! Would be funny to see someone throwing a coconut then having it explode.

I'm totally onboard with more piratey grenades with a bigger variety of abilities, anamations, and damage. I do want to point out that dynamite wasn't invented until a hundred years after the era of the TLOPO/POTCO setting so, I'd be against anything that was called dynamite or looked exactly like dynamite.

I'm totally onboard with more piratey grenades with a bigger variety of abilities, anamations, and damage. I do want to point out that dynamite wasn't invented until a hundred years after the era of the TLOPO/POTCO setting so, I'd be against anything that was called dynamite or looked exactly like dynamite.
Yeah, I'm not really a historian so I wasn't sure. I even had to google if coconuts grew in the Caribbean, to be honest. I guess something more like the powder keg itself in that case.

Yeah, I'm not really a historian so I wasn't sure. I even had to google if coconuts grew in the Caribbean, to be honest. I guess something more like the powder keg itself in that case.
There were grenades in the TLOPO/POTCO era, I think they were all gunpowder filled and probably quite risky to use which makes the self damage feature something that Disney got right. Coconut nades are very much something the infamous improviser and trickster, Jack Sparrow, would use to great effect.

Back