Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Keep it original

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

El Matador del Mar

Honorable Pirate
I got an idea to improve sailing!

Add more types of ships......

Like a carrack, the main files are already there (El Patron's ship).... a friend of mine made a light, regular and a war version of it, so I bet you guys can do the same!

I run a Pen & Paper Pirates of the Caribbean -ish game. I use some resources no longer in print that detail different types of ships. It's a book called Skull & Bones by Mythic Vistas. And then supplemented by another book called Corsairs. I would love to see a lot of the ideas from that game implemented for computer, but I fear it would turn TLOPO into something else.

I would much rather have further ship upgrades, more ship customizations, and more ship slots than additional ship types. I also feel that the carracks are too old to properly fit the game setting, El Patron must have been trapped there in Raven's Cove for a long time.

I would much rather have further ship upgrades, more ship customizations, and more ship slots than additional ship types. I also feel that the carracks are too old to properly fit the game setting, El Patron must have been trapped there in Raven's Cove for a long time.

I see your point. I also think that they should; instead of having light, regular and war version of each type; use those slots to bring in other ship types.

There is another game I play that has galleys (the ones with oars) running alongside of steam corvettes (kindof like the wooden ships with boilers and paddles, but with guns).

It is a shame we probably won't get proper frigates. Actually, did they ever say they wouldn't update the frigate models to a more realistic one? Truth be told, it would be a bit nicer to see.

It is a shame we probably won't get proper frigates. Actually, did they ever say they wouldn't update the frigate models to a more realistic one? Truth be told, it would be a bit nicer to see.

To be honest I like the ship styles... it fits the games his surrounding, I don't know, but the makea POTCO POTCO, each game has it's own style, POTCO had a weird one, but I like it. Sure some extra content and remasters are welcome, but in my opinion we must not make it look like a now a day game. If you know what I mean

To be honest I like the ship styles... it fits the games his surrounding, I don't know, but the makea POTCO POTCO, each game has it's own style, POTCO had a weird one, but I like it. Sure some extra content and remasters are welcome, but in my opinion we must not make it look like a now a day game. If you know what I mean

Fair enough, but like I don't mean "realistic" realistic with every nit-pick detail, but merely something along the lines of a recognizable frigate. Perhaps if anything it could be included as its own style of ship, who knows. Course I am but one person, and my words are merely a suggestion.

Back