Mr. - Or - Mrs. Smith???

S

Shamus The Brute

Ahoy me hearties! ~ I've been doing some thinkin' again :confused: ~

QUESTION: In playing POTCO, do you think it is misleading for a guy to potray himself as a female pirate - or - a girl to potray herself as a male pirate on the game??? What be yer own thoughts concerning this matter?

I admit, I have been "shocked" a few times on the game as a result of this confusion. * So, what say you? Do you think it is ethical (silly as this question may be) for pirates to pretend to be a certain gender to they're friends without informing them or letting them know? With a few of my own experiences, I had to find out the hard way (usually not by this person informing me but through 'other' friends or aquaintances explaining the truth).

In defense to my own answer to this question...I leave you a "song" that probably sums up my own opinion on this subject matter (NO OFFENSE ladies :D)!

i think its a little weird. i made all my pirates male because im a guy. and have never even thought of making a female pirate.

heh... I've made a couple guy pirates.. (you guys walk SO weird!) I've never gotten past level 6 on them though.. too weird. but i meant a level 26 female and we were good 'friends' until I asked her to pvp (just kidding as I am level 50) 'she' player friended me and said okay let me get my other pirate!.. thats when Amber changed into a Charles.. level 50 also.
confused.png

Maybe it's because they want to see how the other half lives. Personally i think it's weird for someone to portray another gender.

heh... I've made a couple guy pirates.. (you guys walk SO weird!) I've never gotten past level 6 on them though.. too weird. but i meant a level 26 female and we were good 'friends' until I asked her to pvp (just kidding as I am level 50) 'she' player friended me and said okay let me get my other pirate!.. thats when Amber changed into a Charles.. level 50 also. :confused:
we run we dont walk o.o girls do like a power walk fast thing lol they dont run

Isn't it illegal for males to portray themselves as female online? Prob illegal the other way to but does anyone know for sure?

* What I know for sure...&...that I can explain to each of you is that I would make an "ugly" woman, lol!

Dress.jpg

Thanks for responding, mateys!

I know a couple of people who have pirates in both genders.. guys, with gal pirates.. not really sure why they did it, but in both cases they leveled um to 50. In these two cases, I'm pretty sure they didn't use them with any ill intentions... but I'm sure there are some in game that have. One thing I will say, I usually have a pretty good idea when I'm lookin at a gal pirate belonging to a guy, they seem to lack taste in their choice of clothing, especially in the color department, lots of clashing colors.. almost always a dead give away.. lol oh, btw... 4 gals for me :)

One thing I will say, I usually have a pretty good idea when I'm lookin at a gal pirate belonging to a guy, they seem to lack taste in their choice of clothing, especially in the color department, lots of clashing colors.. almost always a dead give away.. lol oh, btw... 4 gals for me :)

Yeah, us "guys" are not too savvy when it comes to color coordination. Knowing my luck (if an attempt was made to create a 'she-pirate'), I would more than likely walk out of the tailor shop with non-matching SOCKS on my feet, rofl.

I have never misrepresented my gender. I have run across a few friends that have, going both ways. When I found out, it changed my interaction with them. Right or wrong, I handled them differently without premeditation. Considering this while reading the above posts, I may have concluded that they were not entirely trustworthy. I am not saying my conclusion is right or wrong. But the bottom line is, I slowly lost contact with them.

I find it weird that some guys would want to play as ladies and some ladies would want to play as guys.... just kinda weird if u think about it....
Have had a few of my friends go from one priate to the next and end up as a girl.... (or guy)

Back