Idea Multi-Weapon Enemies

FlyingRum

Buccaneer
I see that players can use most weapons in 1 single battle. But I see that all enemies can only use one weapon at a time.

It would be a good test of the games limits in Ai to make it so some really higher end enemies or bosses could use strategy. For example, a sword based enemy detects there are more then 1 pirates attacking them, they pull out broadsword instead of regular sword, or bust out a staff and start using wither. Something that makes sense for their scenario. I feel like 1 enemy being limited to 1 weapon type per that battle limits the difficulty of the game.

Certainly a cool idea for a future mega boss you might have and want to make him hard or something.

Absolutely, bosses with better AI are the way, I just can't stand more bosses that are the same as the old bosses except for higher attack values and more health. I've had thought before that something as simple as voodoo wielding bosses taking a step sideways when they initiate grave shackles would be an improvement and I'm sure you can think of lots more very simple improvements to AI strategy.

Could you imagine if a enemy use blade storm on you and then had the intuition to swap over to grenades then siege you, then swap over to staff and use a wither attack. Or use a broadsword if they detect more then 1 pirate, stuff like this. Could be really cool mechanic for a really tough boss

Could make it where they can have a plan too, like they use the voodoo skill Curse to increase your damage taken then swap to bigger damage weapons or such. Just feel like the enemy Ai have a lack of variety toward the endgame.

The bosses that attack as 2 the twins are already a clever idea so I think such stuff like this shouldn't be too far off :thumbsup:

Personally I think all enemies could use better AI. All they do is copy your movement path in order to catch up to you. I'd love to see a boss or enemy that is able to outsmart the pirate and use two weapons in order to finish you or at least an enemy that can do two consecutive hits in a row.

This was a feature in potco, you can see in the video Darkhart switches from dagger to sword and from sword to dagger. The feature hasn't been implemented yet.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Raiders use a few different weapons, don't they?
However, I agree that it would be awesome if they could run the gamut of available weapons!

This was a feature in potco, you can see in the video Darkhart switches from dagger to sword and from sword to dagger. The feature hasn't been implemented yet.

Knew I remembered the idea from somewhere. Thanks

Gives hope to me that this might some time be a thing again :D

I see that players can use most weapons in 1 single battle. But I see that all enemies can only use one weapon at a time.

It would be a good test of the games limits in Ai to make it so some really higher end enemies or bosses could use strategy. For example, a sword based enemy detects there are more then 1 pirates attacking them, they pull out broadsword instead of regular sword, or bust out a staff and start using wither. Something that makes sense for their scenario. I feel like 1 enemy being limited to 1 weapon type per that battle limits the difficulty of the game.

Certainly a cool idea for a future mega boss you might have and want to make him hard or something.
Why are you worrying about how many weapons a NPC can use..... when even their most powerful enemies [Excluding bosses at tormenta] Can't even do over 300 damage?

*Cough* Pirates are Over Powered *Cough*

Back