My 1,000th Post!

Misha

Site Founder
(Credit to @Brittany and @Luna Storm for the idea!)

Wow, it has been a crazy nine (coming up on ten in October!) years with this community. I feel compelled to write on my experiences with the PiratesOnline community, since I've never really explained my beginnings. I originally started my journey on Disney's Pirates Online in late 2007, originally experimenting with the game with a school friend at the time, and playing several months without basic access on a few pirates that went be the name/s of Nate & Emily Daggereagle. Continuing on long after my school friend had quit playing POTCO with me, I finally decided to make the switch to unlimited access later in August of 2008.

At this point, I decided to remake Emily as my primary pirate for a good part of a year in my POTCO career. Emily as a character was quite underdeveloped in most of her skills, as when I was younger I took a particular liking to the Voodoo weapons, mainly opting in for Staff and Doll-play rather than Sword, Grenade, and Gun combat. About a month after Emily's creation is when I met one Victory O'Hayes, and joined her guild for a long while, up until August of 2009. After this point in time, I entered a little bit of an inactive period where I was trying other games, namely getting back into Disney's other hit MMO, Toontown Online.

Returning two months later, this is when I made the permanent pirate that I will forever have in my heart, named Zulu. I felt a little bit lost on what to do with Emily, as I had been kicked from the guild due to inactivity, and wasn't sure how to really train her weapons at her level, so I started anew. Zulu was definitely a more rough looking pirate, and is fairly similar even today as I have him in TLOPO. Upon creating this pirate, I finally took matters (regarding guilds) into my own hands, and took advantage of Disney's advertisement of the game to begin a new guild called Clemency.

From October 2009 to September 19th, 2013, Clemency would be my inspiration and a token of growth in my time with the community. As of August 2013, we sat at 446 Members strong. Granted, I've no idea how to use some of the earlier chat applications at the time, so a friend who was later an Officer in Clemency created a Teamspeak channel oh so many years ago, and that became a little party when we had players online, up until a few months to the game's closure when we eventually decided to close the channel and just have the game be retained in-game.

Faaaaaaast forward, to TLOPO.

Remakes are notoriously difficult, especially when your original involvement was to a global juggernaut like Disney. I am a tough critic to the game's functionality, both in respects to POTCO and TLOPO. That being said, I could care less as to what state the game was in when I logged in for my first time in May of 2017.

1568372396240.png
1568377066412.png

Then and Now

I won't serenade with the full story as to my TLOPO experience, you can read that here, however, I am very happy to have made leaps and bounds with such a wonderful community. From the guides that I made back in the day that I still revise and streamline for new players coming to the community, to the Crew giving me such opportunities to become apart of both PiratesForums, and as of recently, TLOPO itself.

In short, to everyone who has journeyed along with me during my time here on PiratesForums and TLOPO, thank you. There is no other community I would put so much time and investment forth after all of these years. Here's to 1,000!
Fair Seas,
Misha

Last edited:
Back