Glitch my fishing boat got attacked.

Also possible a pirate was passing by with a mob and you were in the middle of his path and enemies. I've seen that many times.
Also I've been witnessing a possible bug where pirate ships and enemies don't show up until very near me. I've watched enemy ships circle around by themselves from a short distance away and then a player would suddenly pop into view almost in front of me and skip away. Sometimes I swear this game has stealth. These are all short distance sight, not long, plus I have distance maxed on settings.
This action could be a form of lag on my end or the game, and ships teleporting around in short bursts certainly is.

Also possible a pirate was passing by with a mob and you were in the middle of his path and enemies. I've seen that many times.
Also I've been witnessing a possible bug where pirate ships and enemies don't show up until very near me. I've watched enemy ships circle around by themselves from a short distance away and then a player would suddenly pop into view almost in front of me and skip away. Sometimes I swear this game has stealth. These are all short distance sight, not long, plus I have distance maxed on settings.
This action could be a form of lag on my end or the game, and ships teleporting around in short bursts certainly is.
yeah

Yes, fishing boats do get attacked in tlopo. They don't take damage though so it's not a big deal. It's been a bug since the beginning of Beta for sure.

You Can't use Explosives Fishing !! The DNR will be looking for you !!!
They will never convict you because you can say you were defending your fishing boat against pirates.
And you were just cleaning up the collateral damage, no need for them to go to waste.They like recycling and all that.

Skeleton ships are the only thing that has ever attacked me when fishing. I just figured that was how it's supposed to be since they have no respect for anyone. I'm actually surprised they don't randomly attack Navy and EITC ships. That would be cool, kinda.

Back